Business PayPal Account Limited on no grounds - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-15-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Angry Business PayPal Account Limited on no grounds

Well where do i start here, ive been trading with eBay/PayPal since 2017 and had no issues up until now recently my account when under view to provide invoices/bank statements, this was on the 1st of this month sent all the information off scanned invoices/bank statements bear in mint my account is not a stealth account everything is in my partners name so id statements invoices etc where not a issue, so we get a email back on the 4th saying the limited has been removed excellent now on the 7th some twat called brian calls in from paypal saying im placing the account under review again as there is some issues with the statement which i cant figure out why as there scanned copies of legit statements so i havent a clue what issues can he have btw this idiot rep from the get go just sounded like he wanted to close the account like he had something against us we he goes we need pages 1 to 6 of your bank statements

ok great we sent these in we get another call from this brain again it looks like this is the guy that is going to deal with my review as he was always calling us anyways we sent the six copies in he phones us back saying still not happy with the statements as page 2 is missing at this point i am shocked here like what is this guy on about the page 2 is labelled in the left hand corner showing page 2 i point this out his still not interested so he basically is saying im going to close your account and im there thinking why are you going to do that we have been trading with you since 2017 had no issues great performance no charge backs etc so i say listen do you want me to sent you in acual photos of the bloody statements he says yes

now i say to him ill get them over to you in 1 day as i am busy and he says well if your going to take that long your accounts going to take longer to get reviewed i said thats fine i said in the photos the same day in the evening- next day 8.00am i get a call which is today saying where not happy with the photos i am like what the hell how can you not be happy there original bank statements he says there is stuff that doesnt looks legit on the statements i am at this moment thing this guy basically has no grounds here his just wanting to close our account, so i ask him what other reasons are there he says the 2 invoices you sent we called the companies and there saying there dont recognise the invoices

im like hold on we deal with the company how can they say that so i call up both companies and they say no one from paypal has called us ? i mention this to him and the phones gets silent no reply from him ? wooow at this point he basically is not listen to anything i am saying his just stating the account will be blocked as we are a running established business we had over 33k in the account so first he says ill let you transfer 15k in the account i say nope not good enough as there over half your keeping ill get my solicitors involved so he says ill do 20k i say to him its not about the money its our business lively-hood here your messing with on no reason we havent done anything wrong he cuts the phone of 30 mins later i get a email say the accounts been blocked bla bla there is 33k in the account you can transfer 16k and the other 16k we will review on a 30 day basis etc and also it says you can appeal as we can make mistakes etc

so i am literally just thinking this guy from the get go wanted to block our business account for no reason i called in paypal and explained everything stated the facts that this brain guy hasn't been fair etc for no reason blocking the account lieing etc going back on his work the lot the rep says we are going to escalate this to some executive department and there going to listen to the phone calls etc and will get back to you i am just shocked that paypals limitation department can just do this we he have invest so much into this because for some idiot like him just to block the account

we as a business just want to know if we can do anything etc this is breaking point for us here

any help would be appreciated also is there any other business in the uk that have gone through this we where turning over around 10-13k a month with paypal ebay

can i sue or do something to this stupid rep brain as ive never dealt with anyone like him before

sorry about the long email and the rubbish grammar i am just shaking at this point i cant believe whats happening

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 05-15-2019 at 05:46 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Business PayPal Account Limited on no grounds

Anyone got any input
Old 05-15-2019
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

For a better response I would add proper punctuation.

Most people skip over long threads, especially if they have no paragraphs or full stops.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
sax4 (05-16-2019)
Old 05-15-2019

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by assad View Post
Well where do i start here, ive been trading with eBay/PayPal since 2017 and had no issues up until now recently my account when under view to provide invoices/bank statements, this was on the 1st of this month sent all the information off scanned invoices/bank statements bear in mint my account is not a stealth account everything is in my partners name so id statements invoices etc where not a issue, so we get a email back on the 4th saying the limited has been removed excellent now on the 7th some twat called brian calls in from paypal saying im placing the account under review again as there is some issues with the statement which i cant figure out why as there scanned copies of legit statements so i havent a clue what issues can he have btw this idiot rep from the get go just sounded like he wanted to close the account like he had something against us we he goes we need pages 1 to 6 of your bank statements ok great we sent these in we get another call from this brain again it looks like this is the guy that is going to deal with my review as he was always calling us anyways we sent the six copies in he phones us back saying still not happy with the statements as page 2 is missing at this point i am shocked here like what is this guy on about the page 2 is labelled in the left hand corner showing page 2 i point this out his still not interested so he basically is saying im going to close your account and im there thinking why are you going to do that we have been trading with you since 2017 had no issues great performance no charge backs etc so i say listen do you want me to sent you in acual photos of the bloody statements he says yes, now i say to him ill get them over to you in 1 day as i am busy and he says well if your going to take that long your accounts going to take longer to get reviewed i said thats fine i said in the photos the same day in the evening- next day 8.00am i get a call which is today saying where not happy with the photos i am like what the hell how can you not be happy there original bank statements he says there is stuff that doesnt looks legit on the statements i am at this moment thing this guy basically has no grounds here his just wanting to close our account, so i ask him what other reasons are there he says the 2 invoices you sent we called the companies and there saying there dont recognise the invoices im like hold on we deal with the company how can they say that so i call up both companies and they say no one from paypal has called us ? i mention this to him and the phones gets silent no reply from him ? wooow at this point he basically is not listen to anything i am saying his just stating the account will be blocked as we are a running established business we had over 33k in the account so first he says ill let you transfer 15k in the account i say nope not good enough as there over half your keeping ill get my solicitors involved so he says ill do 20k i say to him its not about the money its our business lively-hood here your messing with on no reason we havent done anything wrong he cuts the phone of 30 mins later i get a email say the accounts been blocked bla bla there is 33k in the account you can transfer 16k and the other 16k we will review on a 30 day basis etc and also it says you can appeal as we can make mistakes etc

so i am literally just thinking this guy from the get go wanted to block our business account for no reason i called in paypal and explained everything stated the facts that this brain guy hasn't been fair etc for no reason blocking the account lieing etc going back on his work the lot the rep says we are going to escalate this to some executive department and there going to listen to the phone calls etc and will get back to you i am just shocked that paypals limitation department can just do this we he have invest so much into this because for some idiot like him just to block the account

we as a business just want to know if we can do anything etc this is breaking point for us here

any help would be appreciated also is there any other business in the uk that have gone through this we where turning over around 10-13k a month with paypal ebay

can i sue or do something to this stupid rep brain as ive never dealt with anyone like him before

sorry about the long email and the rubbish grammar i am just shaking at this point i cant believe whats happening
First of all, sorry to hear this news. I have been through the same review on my genuine paypal account last year and passed it. I know for a fact they are tightening up their policies because HMRC is breathing down their neck. I had ebay call me telling me to register for VAT and give them a number last year when I nearly reached the threshold so keeping such a large balance is asking for trouble. I used to withdraw the complete balance at the end of every day or two. They may also simply dislike your business model.

I am shocked that they were so specific and also lied to you i.e. said they phoned your suppliers to catch you out ?

What category where you selling in to turnover so much so quickly ?

Just keep calling them asking to appeal it.
Old 05-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
For a better response I would add proper punctuation.

Most people skip over long threads, especially if they have no paragraphs or full stops.
At this given moment i cant even think straight mate, literally my whole business which ive invested so much effort time and money into has finished with a click of a button from some moron

We have 6 employees a unit warehouse and over 400k in stock if i dont get this sorted in the next couple weeks i am finished

Cant believe this person at paypal has done this

I am confused how bigger sellers would survive if there account was to get frozen ?
Old 05-15-2019

Quote:
At this given moment i cant even think straight mate, literally my whole business which ive invested so much effort time and money into has finished with a click of a button from some moron

We have 6 employees a unit warehouse and over 400k in stock if i dont get this sorted in the next couple weeks i am finished

Cant believe this person at paypal has done this

I am confused how bigger sellers would survive if there account was to get frozen ?
There have been a lot of businesses with employees etc that have come on this forum just like you saying they have been shut down out of nowhere. Or kicked off ebay with no chance of appeal etc.

Because you definitely know you are a genuine business with nothing to hide I know you can get this account back. Just compose yourself and keep trying.

Go on to Facebook and contact Paypal through instant messenger on there. I get some quick responses like that.
Old 05-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
First of all, sorry to hear this news. I have been through the same review on my genuine paypal account last year and passed it. I know for a fact they are tightening up their policies because HMRC is breathing down their neck. I had ebay call me telling me to register for VAT and give them a number last year when I nearly reached the threshold so keeping such a large balance is asking for trouble. I used to withdraw the complete balance at the end of every day or two. They may also simply dislike your business model.

I am shocked that they were so specific and also lied to you i.e. said they phoned your suppliers to catch you out ?

What category where you selling in to turnover so much so quickly ?

Just keep calling them asking to appeal it.
Well our business has been trading with PayPal and eBay since 2017, we had to supply eBay these documents and they passed it no problem.

Funny thing is every other rep i would speak at PayPal was impressed with our accounts performance, our business model was nothing risky at all we where selling house hold items gadgets cloths some used tools supps etc noting out the norm

I am shocked with this idiot myself he was like he didnt care. his intentions clearly form the start where to close the account ive never seen anything like it

Isnt there some legal action i can take against him and try get this sorted?

So you managed to get your account sorted them mate? did they first permanently limit you ?

Last edited by assad; 05-15-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2019
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Just keep calling until someone will look at the account properly.

Unfortunately there's only a small chance they will reinstate your account, but if you rely on it then you must give it your best shot.
Old 05-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Just keep calling until someone will look at the account properly.

Unfortunately there's only a small chance they will reinstate your account, but if you rely on it then you must give it your best shot.

but calling in is pointless as all they do is state they will send it off to the back office team? anyone who answers the phone says they cant do anything

is there ways of getting to the higher departments how do these big ebay/paypal companies deal with stuff like this to get there accounts back up ?
Old 05-15-2019

Permanently limited me, but like a good little boy within 2 hours of receiving that limitation email I dropped everything I was doing and started writing an essay answering all of their questions. Scanning invoices etc.

I think with Paypal they expect you to react immediately for the best results. The fact you told him you were busy, he basically took advantage. He is definitely in the wrong.

I know you will definitely get your account back. Let them review the calls you will get somebody sensible respond. And do what I said and go on Facebook and contact them through there.

Last edited by james_112233; 05-15-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Permanently limited me, but like a good little boy within 2 hours of receiving that limitation email I dropped everything I was doing and started writing an essay answering all of their questions. Scanning invoices etc.

I think with Paypal they expect you to react immediately for the best results. The fact you told him you were busy, he basically took advantage. He is definitely in the wrong.

I know you will definitely get your account back. Let them review the calls you will get somebody sensible respond. And do what I said and go on Facebook and contact them through there.

Hi mate ive sent you a PM please check it mate if you can
Old 05-15-2019

I've responded to your PM ... but I am by no means an expert at all. Just been through that paypal limitation and passed it that's all. I came to this forum as I got the boot on ebay, not paypal. I don't know how you can run a VAT registered business under a stealth paypal account to be honest with 6 employees turning over what you are etc. May be others can help SHOULD paypal not re-instate your account after you try via the methods I suggested.
Old 05-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Hi all our accounts where legit not stealth also where under the threshold for VAT as 6 months we would do a good sale then it would slow down so stayed under that but we was a legit business we would have no issue getting VAT REGISTERED

Last edited by assad; 05-15-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-15-2019
Threadstarter  

our yearly turn over for this year would have hit over the 100k mark which we would have registered as VAT

im just not getting how other business dont get screwed over like me ? have i done something wrong that i am missing because everything we done was legit no stealth

or was it just bad luck they shouldn't be able to get away with stuff like this man
Old 05-15-2019

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Hi all our accounts where legit not stealth also where under the threshold for VAT as 6 months we would do a good sale then it would slow down so stayed under that but we was a legit business we would have no issue getting VAT REGISTERED
What do you mean by "all" accounts? Multiple accounts on a single name (unless 1 business, 1 personal) is a policy violation and can lead to a ban. I only ask as you said you were not using stealth accounts.
Old 05-15-2019

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
our yearly turn over for this year would have hit over the 100k mark which we would have registered as VAT

im just not getting how other business dont get screwed over like me ? have i done something wrong that i am missing because everything we done was legit no stealth

or was it just bad luck they shouldn't be able to get away with stuff like this man
As already mentioned, based on what you provided, you can indeed get your account back as you are not in the wrong; that's what the Executive Escalations office is for. I've been there (perma-limited), with a similar turnover and a UK-registered business, but did not stop fighting till it was restored.

Another worthy point mentioned is to take some time to compose yourself and prepare an email/letter for the Office of Executive Escalations. Then, email them at executiveoffice@paypal.com. This is what got us restored a few months ago.
Old 05-15-2019
Threadstarter  

sorry i meant all accounts as in MY Ebay and PayPal
Old 05-15-2019

Thanked 1,099 Times in 1,035 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

do you and your partner has any idea why Paypal wants to close your account?
Some of you may disagree,but in US,I swear when we sign up with Paypal,we allow them to pull credit report on us.
Paypal wont bother with small sellers,but large ones such as yours,they could,
Do you have a merchant account to accept payment besides Paypal?
Have you or your partner ever a deadbeat on loan or merchant account chargeback?
What do you sell?
and do you know your suppliers well?
Old 05-15-2019

assad follow HangInThere's advice.

You are a legit seller you will definitely get that paypal account back. Your case just needs to land on the right persons lap.
Old 05-15-2019

It sounds like Paypal has decided to close his account,nickpicking his bank statements.
It could be his business is found to be linked to another who got suspended ,hope it clears up.
As to his suppliers,make sure Paypal call again or may be Paypal spoke to a different person
Old 05-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
It sounds like Paypal has decided to close his account,nickpicking his bank statements.
It could be his business is found to be linked to another who got suspended ,hope it clears up.
As to his suppliers,make sure Paypal call again or may be Paypal spoke to a different person
There is no link to another business and he clearly lied he didn't even phone the suppliers ?
Old 05-16-2019

Paypal cannot be used to sell certain 'items',review Paypal policy.
you said you have 6 employees,could they be using your Paypal account to sell their own stock?
do they have Paypal accounts? and sell on Ebay?

Last edited by agent006140; 05-16-2019 at 07:07 AM.