Few quick Questions for Etsy Stealth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 05-15-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default Few quick Questions for Etsy Stealth

Hi!!!

So, my girlfriends etsy just got closed due to infringement for her cookie artwork. I was to lazy to create a etsy shop, so we just created another one under her name and it was for cookie cutters. Since it was linked to her it was shut down too.

Fast Forward...

I have a VPN through IPBurger, I did ccleaner for registry and browsing cleaning, also I created a whole new account on my computer, so when I created the new etsy, I have a new ssn, new email, new IP, new bank account. It has not been shut down yet, but I was wondering about pictures. I have posted only new pictures to this etsy shop, and even though it wasn't on my old etsy shop I cleaned the pictures info.

Two questions, 1) I read you can modified old etsy shop pictures for example, my old one had bubble background and watermarks, new ones do not have watermarks and do not have bubble background, "but i haven't tested old shop pics yet". I was wondering is it worth the risk to change a little color to the old shop pics, and put a new watermark in hopes etsy does not link them?

Second question 2) I have a website with old and new pics of cutters that would be from the old and new shop, I don't access the website on the new account i made, but I was wondering some how can or does etsy search outside of etsy old shops to link pics?

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2019

Longevity: 32%
Default Re: Few quick Questions for Etsy Stealth

first of all, do not risk with your own personal info for potential DMCA or Trademark infringement goods. (even for your gf or your family member)
Second, read the forums! You will need Fresh IP. modified pictures (add some watermark, and change the sizes and background of pics)
Usually Etsy doesnt search stuff online to link ur stuff, however you never know)

Just read the forums about stealth accounts and purchase Amazon Ghost or eBay Stealth.
The basics are pretty much same, with some exceptions (so if you wanna do something unusual, search forums or ask ppl in forum)

Good luck )
Old 05-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 28%

Thanks,

Yeah we aren’t messing around with anything infringing like that anymore.
The ip is from IPBurger and it’s fresh, so I have two accounts on my computer, so when I access Etsy I use that one and it auto connects to my VPN. Before I do anything I double check by checking my ip location.

So, it’s a 100 percent safe if I

Change background color, size of image

And take off old watermark and put new watermark?

Also cleaning the info.

I just didn’t know if I should chance it or not. I read changing one pixel even changes the picture and Etsy won’t catch it since it creates new tags for it.

We sell clipart, so we draw clipart, and put a bubble like background, a watermark with our business name throughout the picture and also have a watermark on the bottom right.

New pictures have no bubbles, no names watermark, and no water mark on bottom right.

I was thinking of with old pictures that we have for example a picture of a pencil with pink eraser, I could change the shade of pink of the eraser, remove the bubble background, change the color of the background and do not put names watermark .

I wasn’t sure if I would need to put a new watermark to change it up or not.

I wasn’t sure if Etsy mainly only checks real photos or is it clipart too.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2019

Longevity: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson2310 View Post
And take off old watermark and put new watermark?

Also cleaning the info.

I just didn’t know if I should chance it or not. I read changing one pixel even changes the picture and Etsy won’t catch it since it creates new tags for it.
Put new watermark and clean info and you will be fine. You can leave your old tags that work for you in past.