Accessing Mercari from a VPN? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 05-18-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default Accessing Mercari from a VPN?

I have been banned on Mercari in the past, I got a new computer, and a VPN, but when I try to log in to the account from my computer it won't let me, because mercari blocks vpns. So how do I access my mercari account from my new computer while I have a VPN enabled? I've already posted a few listings from the burner phone but I want to streamline this and it just isn't possible on the piece of garbage phone that I'm using for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to STEALTHlord For This Useful Post:
larrybear737 (08-30-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Accessing Mercari from a VPN?

get a burner with mobile internet you can share.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-19-2019)
Old 05-19-2019

Just get another phone for strictly mercari and once account closes factory reset it. However I don’t suggest selling there they ban sellers for no reason that sell a lot, hold your funds for 6 months, and it’s a pain in the ass to get your money back because you have to do a face scan& provide ss#
Old 05-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikhsingh View Post
Just get another phone for strictly mercari and once account closes factory reset it. However I don’t suggest selling there they ban sellers for no reason that sell a lot, hold your funds for 6 months, and it’s a pain in the ass to get your money back because you have to do a face scan& provide ss#
Yeah I already have another phone but it's a burner phone and it's a pos, I want to be able to access the website so I can use scripts to post my listings.
Old 05-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
get a burner with mobile internet you can share.
Yeah I did that, but I want to be able to access the site on a PC, the whole point is that I don't want to use the burner phone.
Old 05-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

I'm currently using an Android Emulator to run multiple accounts at the same time. As of right now I'm not even using a VPN or Proxy and so far so good. I'm not recommending anyone run their setup the same but it's working for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-19-2019)
Old 05-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I'm currently using an Android Emulator to run multiple accounts at the same time. As of right now I'm not even using a VPN or Proxy and so far so good. I'm not recommending anyone run their setup the same but it's working for me.
That's a good idea I'll look into an emulator, they seem to want you on the phone.
Old 05-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHlord View Post
Yeah I did that, but I want to be able to access the site on a PC, the whole point is that I don't want to use the burner phone.
yea...you share your phone internet connection. logon with pc. i do it all the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-19-2019)
Old 05-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
yea...you share your phone internet connection. logon with pc. i do it all the time.
How do you share the phones internet connection?
Old 05-20-2019

What do you do when posting on multiple accounts ? Do you have to post different item photos or could you use the same images?
Old 05-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdom144 View Post
What do you do when posting on multiple accounts ? Do you have to post different item photos or could you use the same images?
Personally I'm only on one account at a time, but yeah, mercari isn't really known for it's professionalism so I wouldn't be too worried about grabbing the products, snap pictures on say, your bed. Then go take pics on your couch... then your desk... etc

Or just go around the internet stealing photos.
Old 05-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I sell the same items across multiple accounts....I take new pictures of the same item.
Kingdom144 (05-29-2019)
Old 05-31-2019

Would a Residential VPN work for mercari? Or a static proxy?? My p.c cant handle VMware would different user accounts work with that? Im trying to have a back up account working on 1 computer if possible
Old 05-31-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Would a Residential VPN work for mercari? Or a static proxy?? My p.c cant handle VMware would different user accounts work with that? Im trying to have a back up account working on 1 computer if possible
VPN, Proxy, MIFI, Phone Tether all work with Mercari. As I type this, I don't think they are tracking IP's.....I'm using the same IP for all 8 of my accounts and none have gone down. Separate User accounts work fine. I'm running all my accounts via Android Emulator, but that may not work for you if you have a slow PC.
Kingdom144 (05-31-2019)
Old 05-31-2019
Executive [VIP]

correct. one of the few places IP dont cause an issue.
Old 06-01-2019

Quote:
VPN, Proxy, MIFI, Phone Tether all work with Mercari. As I type this, I don't think they are tracking IP's.....I'm using the same IP for all 8 of my accounts and none have gone down. Separate User accounts work fine. I'm running all my accounts via Android Emulator, but that may not work for you if you have a slow PC.
Which emulator are you using? I’ve got 2 going on blue stacks and I’m trying to make a third, keeps telling me device already registered but I’m using a fresh instance
Old 06-29-2019

Longevity: 27%
Question Re: Accessing Mercari from a VPN?

Quote:
Just to clarify -- you use different accounts on same pc. ( i understand emulator but am asking about doing this without one.) Will separate browsers work to keep accounts separate on 1 pc -- say one with chrome and another with opera or whatever... so can have two accounts open side by side at the same time on 1 pc.

Also, do you use the same bank info for multi accounts or a diff bank acct (or prepaid card) for each. I've read the advice on the forum but you are saying something different and I want to clarify just how much you're "getting away with" (for lack of a better term).

Thanks in advance! I appreciate your help!
Old 06-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungatelord View Post
Which emulator are you using? I’ve got 2 going on blue stacks and I’m trying to make a third, keeps telling me device already registered but I’m using a fresh instance
I use MEMU Emulator
https://www.memuplay.com/
unkown5454 (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working View Post
Just to clarify -- you use different accounts on same pc. ( i understand emulator but am asking about doing this without one.) Will separate browsers work to keep accounts separate on 1 pc -- say one with chrome and another with opera or whatever... so can have two accounts open side by side at the same time on 1 pc.
I have not tested that way, sorry. If you wish to test that out you could. I can see it only working if you were using Proxies for each Browser.

The only problem with running browser only is that you can't accept offers, and do a few other things, it's why I quit trying to go browser only.

Quote:
Also, do you use the same bank info for multi accounts or a diff bank acct (or prepaid card) for each.
You can't use the same bank info, Mercari won't let you. Every account I run has a separate bank account.

Quote:
I've read the advice on the forum but you are saying something different and I want to clarify just how much you're "getting away with" (for lack of a better term).

Thanks in advance! I appreciate your help!
As I said, I'm running Separate Android Emulators with the same IP.
As you can see, these are all different accounts....all running on my desktop. Each Emulator is configured differently, each shows as a different device, not sure if that helps it or not.
Old 07-01-2019

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
The bad thing about that is if u get one account banned then they trace IP address and all the associates accounts get banned as well it just happened to me😑
Old 07-01-2019

Longevity: 31%

Quik question i been using IPBurger lately i really like it but now that i have to change my ip it gave me a different state I messaged them to please gave me an ip from my state but they cant and since Mercari is very strict about zip codes, address, etc i need an ip close to my city any good recommendations? Thank you !
Old 07-01-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmcl View Post
The bad thing about that is if u get one account banned then they trace IP address and all the associates accounts get banned as well it just happened to me😑
Yeah, but someone has to test these types of things.....because on this forum people don't want to try things themselves, This forum was created by people like me....risk takers. So far all 8 accounts I am running are working great, but who knows.....you may be right and I may get them all banned.

If that happens, I will open another 10 and keep going.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
rey1984 (10-26-2019), unkown5454 (12-26-2019)