Will amazon ask for any personal verification if registering with a LLC - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-17-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Will amazon ask for any personal verification if registering with a LLC

I want to get an LLC to set up my Stealth account. I am a banned user so cannot use any identification that relates to myself. If I use the LLC/EIN route will i be asked to provide any sort of verification such as a license, utilities etc..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mattmsk001 For This Useful Post:
venom (05-18-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2019

Longevity: 28%
Default Re: Will amazon ask for any personal verification if registering with a LLC

following.
Old 05-18-2019

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Will amazon ask for any personal verification if registering with a LLC

bump - following
Old 05-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 44%

I feel like a concrete answer to this would be very helpful, if any one knows.
Old 05-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmsk001 View Post
I feel like a concrete answer to this would be very helpful, if any one knows.
Agreed, still waiting for an answer before I setup my LLC. Btw, please check PMs man.
Old 05-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Skype™ to garry9061

Yes they will ask you for documentation. You have a few options.

Use an alternative version of your ID, if Passport is banned, use drivers license.
or
Find an accountant who can set up the company for you and ask them if they offer directorship services, the cost of this is significant however its worth it imo. You will then be able to use the new directors name as the name on the Amazon account.
Old 05-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry9061 View Post

Use an alternative version of your ID, if Passport is banned, use drivers license.
or
Find an accountant who can set up the company for you and ask them if they offer directorship services, the cost of this is significant however its worth it imo. You will then be able to use the new directors name as the name on the Amazon account.
When you say "use alternative version of your ID", won't they just see my name, DOB, etc and just link it to my old, banned account?
Old 05-20-2019

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry9061 View Post

or
Would you be able to also use the director's ID?
What is that ID was used for other accounts?
Old 05-20-2019

Activity: 11%

Any new accounts absolutely require:

1) ID (DL or passport)
2) Bank statment / utility bill
3) ID # and DOB

You cant reuse your ID or DOB if they already have your name + DOB.

What you need to do is create an account under a different name / ID then change the legal entity to an LLC once the account is approved. From speaking with others who have done this changing the legal entity from sole-prop to an LLC does not trigger additional ID requests, although this may have changed. Maybe someone can confirm?

Also interested in this.
Old 05-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
Any new accounts absolutely require:

1) ID (DL or passport)
2) Bank statment / utility bill
3) ID # and DOB

You cant reuse your ID or DOB if they already have your name + DOB.

What you need to do is create an account under a different name / ID then change the legal entity to an LLC once the account is approved. From speaking with others who have done this changing the legal entity from sole-prop to an LLC does not trigger additional ID requests, although this may have changed. Maybe someone can confirm?

Also interested in this.
1) Is there a document I can submit to replace the ID? Perhaps a business document?
2) Bank statement - should be fine if setting up an business bank account for the LLC
3) same as 1)?
Old 05-20-2019

Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
1) Is there a document I can submit to replace the ID? Perhaps a business document?
2) Bank statement - should be fine if setting up an business bank account for the LLC
3) same as 1)?

1) From my understanding, no. All accounts require the personal identity of the person creating or running the account. I do not see ways around this. If I am wrong someone correct me.
3) No. DOB and the ID # is required. A few years ago they never asked for the DOB or ID #. Since they now ask this means they can more easily link you. Say you reuse your name on a new account, not 100% linkable. But now if they have your name and same DOB this provide more linkability.
Old 05-25-2019

Longevity: 38%

All professional accounts require the ID from someone.

Can't you use a family member?
Old 05-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Every new account on amazon requires a Point of Contact verification - so a person's ID, driver's license or passport.
As some people suggested you can try using an ID document you haven't used on amazon before.
That might work.