Items held in Germany (PLEASE HELP) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 05-19-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Default Items held in Germany (PLEASE HELP)

Hello,

We ordered phones which were coming from Hong Kong. There were 2 boxes. I had 2 orders in Hong Kong. One was for phones and the other one was for accessories.

My supplier made a mistake where he accidentally attached the accessories invoice with the phones and the phones invoice with the accessories. The accessories invoice was worth only around $450 while the phone invoice was around $15,000. This is a huge difference.

When I tracked the goods, It said that the items are on hold and I should call DHL. When I called DHL, they told me to ask my supplier for a refund as they said nothing can be done. When I talked to the supplier, he couldn't help me as the items are not insured. We explained everything to DHL and told them about the misplacement of invoices but they could't help.

The Germany LEIPZIG customs now have the phones package on hold due to the invoice only being worth around $450. I do not have the Germany LEIPZIG customs number so I don't know what do to.

Please advice me on what I can do.

Best Regards,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2019

Longevity: 28%
Default Re: Items held in Germany (PLEASE HELP)

How many threads do you need to make ?
and stop begging nothing can be done about it
your fault
The Following User Says Thank You to run and shoot For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (05-23-2019)
Old 05-19-2019

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Rashid

Here you go, European customs portal. This information may help. Call all 5 customs offices or email them. Worth trying rather than sitting back and losing your order.

https://www.tariffnumber.com/offices/Leipzig
Old 05-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%

Dude... triple post? realy?
On principal I wont read it. Many others will feel the same.
Old 05-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Dude... triple post? realy?
On principal I wont read it. Many others will feel the same.
sorry about that
Old 05-19-2019

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid View Post
Hello,

We ordered phones which were coming from Hong Kong. There were 2 boxes. I had 2 orders in Hong Kong. One was for phones and the other one was for accessories.

My supplier made a mistake where he accidentally attached the accessories invoice with the phones and the phones invoice with the accessories. The accessories invoice was worth only around $450 while the phone invoice was around $15,000. This is a huge difference.

When I tracked the goods, It said that the items are on hold and I should call DHL. When I called DHL, they told me to ask my supplier for a refund as they said nothing can be done. When I talked to the supplier, he couldn't help me as the items are not insured. We explained everything to DHL and told them about the misplacement of invoices but they could't help.

The Germany LEIPZIG customs now have the phones package on hold due to the invoice only being worth around $450. I do not have the Germany LEIPZIG customs number so I don't know what do to.

Best Regards,

It is not worth to lose 15000
Just ask to the supplier the file of that invoice
and send an email to dhl by attach it.
it happened to me so many time the invoice was incorrect
Then DHL asked me to send the right invoice by email and I did so then was clear

Last edited by Pedroalva; 05-19-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-21-2019

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%

In another thread,OP said DHL would do nothing,hard to believe unless she/he is newbie in importing.
Mistakes are often make,thats why we hire DHL .
HK exporters would also lie on declaring the value of the shipment,they will send you one invoice and include a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one with the shipment
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Items held in Germany (

Quote:
Hello,

Best Regards,
Rashid, have a quiet think for a moment....

An invoice gets accidentally placed with wrong packages being exported? If you were either the DHL staff or German Customs, would you not think this was a scam?

You go back to your seller and tell him to supply the correct paperwork like NOW.

Hint you are prepared to do a chargeback and leave the phones surrended with LEIPZIG Customs (bunch of pillocks there

CC a copy of the sellers paperwork to DHL. They need to know the status of the package. (Not saying they might care but your back is covered....)

When you import again, try to check if you can find what airline the seller will use... when you get the Flight number check its stops....there are Customs and there are Customs.

Good Luck and please keep this thread updated.

Old 05-22-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Hello,

Best Regards,

German customs in Leipzig have an email address search for this on google and contact them via email use google translate to translate explain the situation and forward them the correct docs from your supplier.

I don’t think you’ve lost your shipment unless there’s VERO in there but this will take time there notoriously slow as are all customs, keep us updated.
Old 05-22-2019

OP has 2 shipments,so where is the other one?
All DHL and OP have to do is explain to the customs that the invoices were switched.
DHL should know what to do,they have customs brokers on site to deal with customs clearance,this is not a big deal for them.
Once I sold a bone carving to a GERMAN buyer,I declare it as bovine bone carving.
The GERMAN customs notified the buyer,it wants to know how the animal die,what flight and what airline did it arrive,vet certificate and what else is on that flight?
That carving is only 6 inches tall and is resin mixed with bovine bone powder.
She is so scared she did not pick up the package and it was returned back to me.
So my point is customs can make mistake.
Old 05-22-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

There are two items: the phones and the accessories. The supplier’s invoices were incorrectly attached. Travel was together.

Old 05-23-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
There are two items: the phones and the accessories. The supplier’s invoices were incorrectly attached. Travel was together.

SO all they have to explain to customs,is that they are switched,unless OP has the other shipment which has $15k worth of phones and paid customs on declared value of $450,thats why she is quiet on what happens to the second shipment?
She wants this shipment of $450 accessories to pay customs duty of $450,not $15,000.
She has 3 options,either pay duty based on the invoice of $15k,
or explain to customs that the invoice is incorrect,or refuse the shipment and let it go back to the HK vendor and ask the vendor to resent.

It is odd that DHL refused to help,so can we assume she has gotten a good deal on the 15K shipment,paying custom duty as if it were worth $450