Paypal account in flawless standing, stuck with $250 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Paypal account in flawless standing, stuck with $250

Hi guys, I have a Paypal account in flawless standing, with about $250 on it (from various ebay sales months ago) that I can't use because it's a stealth account and now Paypal is asking for ID scan and a SSN (obviously which I don't have) to set up the new Paypal Cash thing for US accounts.

The account isn't limited or anything, but I cant use the cash. It's got the blue banner with the "accept money" button. It's allowing me to withdraw it (either via bank account or cheque). Can anyone provide this service? I'm willing to pay for it. Please do let me know, thanks.

Last edited by dopedan; 05-23-2019 at 05:47 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Paypal account in flawless standing, stuck with $250

Obviously you are going to need a bank to withdrawal to. Not sure mailing a check will be an option now, esp. if the address is not valid.

Your flag says you are in the USA, if so, if there any reason you can't just open a bank account?
Old 05-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Obviously you are going to need a bank to withdrawal to. Not sure mailing a check will be an option now, esp. if the address is not valid.

Your flag says you are in the USA, if so, if there any reason you can't just open a bank account?
When trying the cheque option, it allows me to choose an address to send it to, so it's possible to send it to someone.

And sorry, I forget to update my flag. I'm from Asia, not the US.
Old 05-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Well update the flag ASAP please, dopedan.

Helps us to give quick and (mostly) helpful replies.

PS, tbh, the PayPal can’t be flawless if you have no access to your address or a bank account attached. Sorry.

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-23-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopedan View Post
Hi guys, I have a Paypal account in flawless standing, with about $250 on it (from various ebay sales months ago) that I can't use because it's a stealth account and now Paypal is asking for ID scan and a SSN (obviously which I don't have) to set up the new Paypal Cash thing for US accounts.

The account isn't limited or anything, but I cant use the cash. It's got the blue banner with the "accept money" button. It's allowing me to withdraw it (either via bank account or cheque). Can anyone provide this service? I'm willing to pay for it. Please do let me know, thanks.
As GreenBean indicated, update the flag. You will need a US bank account or address to receive the check - if you get any offers, make sure to do your proper checks.

Sadly, no other way right now without one of these 2 options fulfilled.
Old 05-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopedan View Post
When trying the cheque option, it allows me to choose an address to send it to, so it's possible to send it to someone.

And sorry, I forget to update my flag. I'm from Asia, not the US.
Beautiful country, Oman.

Could you tell me about your account, please?

Old 05-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Beautiful country, Oman.

Could you tell me about your account, please?

Well, I signed-up for a US paypal and ebay in 2017, since I only wanted to use it to sell some game keys. I wasn't going to withdraw the money, since it was just small amounts, and I was just going to spend the money on other game keys for myself.

Everything went well since 2017. But, I wasn't aware that Paypal was rolling out their SSN requirements to all US accounts, and now the Paypal account has the blue banner with the "accept money" button. It's not limited or restricted, it just wants me to either withdraw the money (to a bank account or cheque), or add a SSN and keep the money in Paypal.

I'm can provide the ebay and paypal login so you can check the entire selling history if you want. I kept a flawless ebay account (never any complaints or chargebacks). But it's had the SSN requirement since the 19th of April, so I really don't know what else to do.

Last edited by dopedan; 05-24-2019 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

There's nothing you can do except write off the $250 as a loss and abandon the account.

The chances of you finding somebody who's able to and willing to withdraw this $ are slim to none for such a small amount. They would want 10-25% of your balance for their services.. and that's just not going to equate to enough compensation in your case.
Old 05-24-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
There's nothing you can do except write off the $250 as a loss and abandon the account.

The chances of you finding somebody who's able to and willing to withdraw this $ are slim to none for such a small amount. They would want 10-25% of your balance for their services.. and that's just not going to equate to enough compensation in your case.
But I can get Paypal to mail a cheque. All I need to do is find someone willing to cash it, and I totally don't mind paying 25%. It's better than abandoning it.
Old 05-25-2019

Longevity: 68%

Look through your transactions for the last 6 months and see if there is anyone you can refund. Then have them pay you another way. Many people are stupid but many people are helpful and understanding too. Explain that the money is frozen, you'll refund their money and then they send you again. Offer a 10% discount or something. Otherwise it is gone. Unless you find a girlfriend in the US who can add her debit card to your account.
Old 05-26-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob View Post
Look through your transactions for the last 6 months and see if there is anyone you can refund. Then have them pay you another way. Many people are stupid but many people are helpful and understanding too. Explain that the money is frozen, you'll refund their money and then they send you again. Offer a 10% discount or something. Otherwise it is gone. Unless you find a girlfriend in the US who can add her debit card to your account.
if the buyer has already received the item or service,and OP refunded ,why should they bother to resent the payment in cash or outside Paypal?
They are not dishonest,but they dont know him from Jack,why bother?
asking for a check may be his only option,if he has a friend in US but what would the check be made out to?
Old 05-26-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post

HI good evening am from Nigeria... Do you live in the US?