paypal closing account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Angry paypal closing account

I have sold one item on ebay which was a mobile phone which the first buyer i had refunded due to a small scratch which was hardly visible but done so out of goodwill then relisted the phone and it sold days later. the new buyer received and was happy with phone and left good feedback, i then go to get my money from paypal (total 300 gbp) and was asked for id so i uploaded my driving license and passport, i then spoke to customer support and they said to fully unlock my account could i upload the invoice which i did then suddenly a day later my account was fully limited stating some high risk

My messages have since been ignored but prior to sending the invoice i spoke to customer support and they seemed happy with everything, what can i do to find out why this happened, i do honestly believe that its a worker who has taken a dislike or something as there is no other reason possible

Any advice on what i should do would be appreciated, thank you in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: paypal closing account

It may have been the decision of one Paypal rep, but as a whole this isn't anything out of the ordinary with Paypal. Your very first sale was for the highest risk type of item - and it ended up having to be returned. The return of an expensive item on what happened to be your first sale caused red flags to be raised on your account internally. That most likely lead to Paypal doing a close investigation once you submitted docs, which ultimately lead to them not being comfortable with your business model.

There is really nothing you can do to restore the account Paypal has already decided to "part ways" with. All you can do moving forward is start working on a new account, while being careful to sell cheaper low risk items at first before jumping into cell phone sales.

Common argument is : "But I'm just a normal person trying to sell my phone! Why does eBay invite me to sell my used phone if it's going to get my Paypal limited?!"

Answer to that is : Paypal doesn't care. They are in the business of risk management.
Old 05-27-2019

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Was it a stealth account or with your legit details ?

If it was stealth they probably are not happy with the quality of the ID's or done checks.

Likewise, it could simply be due to the nature of items you are selling.

It's a tough one ... I have failed those ID checks one after another and still waiting to pass one. I also sell high risk electronics. But no complaints, refunds or disputes.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It may have been the decision of one Paypal rep, but as a whole this isn't anything out of the ordinary with Paypal. Your very first sale was for the highest risk type of item - and it ended up having to be returned. The return of an expensive item on what happened to be your first sale caused red flags to be raised on your account internally. That most likely lead to Paypal doing a close investigation once you submitted docs, which ultimately lead to them not being comfortable with your business model.

There is really nothing you can do to restore the account Paypal has already decided to "part ways" with. All you can do moving forward is start working on a new account, while being careful to sell cheaper low risk items at first before jumping into cell phone sales.

Common argument is : "But I'm just a normal person trying to sell my phone! Why does eBay invite me to sell my used phone if it's going to get my Paypal limited?!"

Answer to that is : Paypal doesn't care. They are in the business of risk management.
The 2nd buyer was happy with the item and left positive feedback and ebay had held the money for protection of the buyer. If i was a company that was expecting to sell more items i could understand but i am not a company and only sold my phone due to needing money urgently and never plan or planned to sell more items

it's is a legit account and my first, they had received my license and passport as proof of id , i never heard of a stealth account until i found this forum, and still dont understand what one is

Last edited by friarspit; 05-27-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-27-2019

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%

The problem is your account not the phone.if one needs money,he/she sells what would sell fast,smart phone,diamond ring,gold chain,etc
are you really in UK?
WHAT KIND OF license and passport you give them?
has your account be linked to a suspended account?
Old 05-27-2019
Threadstarter  

hello

I am really in the uk and i sent them my genuine driving license and my real passport as nothing to hide. It is my first ebay and paypal account so never had any other accounts, only transactions prior have been things id bought on ebay using my bank card

thank you
Old 05-27-2019

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarspit View Post
The 2nd buyer was happy with the item and left positive feedback and ebay had held the money for protection of the buyer. If i was a company that was expecting to sell more items i could understand but i am not a company and only sold my phone due to needing money urgently and never plan or planned to sell more items

it's is a legit account and my first, they had received my license and passport as proof of id , i never heard of a stealth account until i found this forum, and still dont understand what one is
Makes me sick reading that.

Even more reason to experiment any new business ventures using a stealth account first then.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (05-28-2019)
Old 05-27-2019

what kind of invoice did you upload?
Old 05-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarspit View Post
hello

I am really in the uk and i sent them my genuine driving license and my real passport as nothing to hide. It is my first ebay and paypal account so never had any other accounts, only transactions prior have been things id bought on ebay using my bank card

thank you
Oh dear. That that really suxs. I am truly sorry for your troubles.

Whose computer did you use? Did that computer belong to anyone who also uses eBay/PayPal and has been banned?

Old 05-28-2019

or he could have let some one used his computer