MC011 Your eBay selling account has been restricted‏ - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 11-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default MC011 Your eBay selling account has been restricted‏

Ive had a few increases in not received requests, ive managed to shoot them down real quick but i guess it must have triggered something...

First i got this..

Quote:
A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

To appeal this restriction, please review the following guidelines:
-- Provide proof of delivery for all of the items sold on your eBay account. This may be in the form of feedback left from buyers. If you prefer, you can submit tracking numbers for each of the items posted. This will help show buyers more of your selling history and will also allow us to confirm that your items have been posted.

Please reply to this email after the above requirements have been met, and we will begin the appeal process. Also, please be aware that we may ask you to provide additional information to appeal this restriction.

once i got 2 negs removed, 2 cases closed, my account was back at 2.5% defect rate, 100% positive, positive feedback received for almost all items and tracking information attached to every transaction so EVERYTHING was tracked.

I phoned soon after and the representative said it was good i did that then said he would be sending me an email, consisting of requests of ID and proof of ownership. Even though i did this when i first signed up already. I agreed anyway. He said it would take 24-72 hours to review. (its been 12 hours now)

This is the email he was talking about i got a few mins later

Quote:
ebay trust and safety SR# 1-23eeeeeeeeeeee

Hello Worthless eBay victim,

My name is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Name Insert and I'd like to inform you that, in order to provide buyers with a pleasant and safe environment, the Safety Regulation Team at eBay conducts certain routine checks to confirm the information provided by the seller(s) or /and buyer(s). You are kindly requested to send the following documents within the next 72 hours:

- Front and back copy of your ID or passport.
- Copy of a document showing your address (if different from what is displayed on your identity document)

In addition, we ask you to provide a proof of ownership of the items you have posted on eBay. These may consist of:

- Receipts
- Copies of invoices or proof of delivery (pro-forma invoices are not counted as evidence of ownership)
- Customs documents, if you have purchased your goods abroad
- Availability of supplier confirmations

Once we have received and verified the required documents, you will be able to start selling your items and bid on eBay. If we do not receive the required documentation within the deadline, your account will be suspended.
I sent in everything requested, from invoices from three different suppliers and supplier information, utility bills etc you name it.

My only fear is i was actually asked to do this when i first signed up and i was permantly suspended, but i phoned in and they said it was a mistake and reinstated me. Its been almost 8 months now without incident.

What are my chances of this passing? Anyone been through a similar situation?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: MC011 Your eBay selling account has been restricted‏

You should be OK. To me, it sounds like a bot tripped the MC011 wanting proof of shipping. Then, someone from Trust & Safety looked at the account and erred on the side of caution, requesting the other information.

If what you sent in was good, then you should be OK. Of course, there are no guarantees, but you only had ONE ISSUE. If the account had a HISTORY of issues, then my opinion would change.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
PortiaDeRossi (11-27-2014)
Old 11-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
You should be OK. To me, it sounds like a bot tripped the MC011 wanting proof of shipping. Then, someone from Trust & Safety looked at the account and erred on the side of caution, requesting the other information.

If what you sent in was good, then you should be OK. Of course, there are no guarantees, but you only had ONE ISSUE. If the account had a HISTORY of issues, then my opinion would change.
Ive had a similar run in with Paypal last month which i also got lifted after providing tracking information. So thats two issues in 8 months, is that bad? I have the odd case but i always win because i always track parcels.

I know for sure ill be adding it to every item now
Old 11-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

That is an excellent plan. I always use tracking on eBay and Amazon. If I ship a stick of gum, you can bet it WILL have tracking on it. I remember the good old days, when you really didn't NEED tracking numbers. But then buyers started to scam and sellers had to protect themselves.

It is a different world now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
dishmachine (10-21-2019), PortiaDeRossi (11-27-2014)
Old 11-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
That is an excellent plan. I always use tracking on eBay and Amazon. If I ship a stick of gum, you can bet it WILL have tracking on it. I remember the good old days, when you really didn't NEED tracking numbers. But then buyers started to scam and sellers had to protect themselves.

It is a different world now.
Agreed.
DO you think the 2 limitations (today and last months paypal) will reflect badly? Or is twice in 8 months fogiveable?

have you heard of any similar stories of such? the wait is killing me...
Old 11-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

I still think you will be OK. Of course, I can be certain. But these are minor issues. As long as you provide tracking in the future, I don't see a problem. Unless this comes up repeatedly. But twice with both times you being able to show proof of shipment - I just don't see that doing you in.
Old 11-29-2014
Threadstarter  

its been 70 hours now still no response.. called up again and she said "Upper management are looking at it, its still in escalation"
She said most of ID cases are looked at by upper management and that ill have to wait another 72 hours for account reinstation

blimey! getting nervous now
Old 11-29-2014

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 68%

If ebay makes you feel like this:
Quote:
Hello Worthless eBay victim,
Then make other accounts and spread the risk? That way you do not need to worry what they do with this ONE account and just worry what you are going to spend the profit from other accounts you make from them
Old 01-03-2015

Longevity: 54%

Had one of these, requested upload of ID, Utility Bill and Invoices. Account restored.
Old 01-04-2015

Longevity: 56%

One thing you will realise with eBay and PayPal UK is their concept of 'time' is VERY different to the rest of the world. I often wonder, like the law, they are attempting to make their own 'time'

Ive been waiting 565 days now for a response over something that i was told multiple times would be within 24 hours
Old 07-27-2017

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by colfor View Post
Had one of these, requested upload of ID, Utility Bill and Invoices. Account restored.
How long did it take?
Old 07-28-2017

Longevity: 39%

Yes how long??
Old 11-28-2018

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by colfor View Post
Can I ask what you were selling?
Old 06-04-2019

Longevity: 28%

Please how can i do a proof of ownership for my items
Old 01-20-2020

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoossuf View Post
Please how can i do a proof of ownership for my items
That's the issue we are looking at for the moment as well as we get all of our stock offline most of the time with zero invoices/paperwork etc