Paypal doesnt want my ein they want ssn instead - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-10-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Unhappy Paypal doesnt want my ein they want ssn instead

Just the other day, i was listing new items on ebay. When i started posting ebay did not recognize my paypal email address. Thinking it was a glitch i kept working on my listings and saved them as draft. Came back to my drafts yesterday and tried posting them. it still won't recognize my pp email address. On top of that my buyers are having trouble checking out after their purchases. I called ebay. They said to call paypal. I called paypal. At the end what i got out of it was they need my ssn. But here is the background that lead up to that point. I have a stealth paypal account that i created last year. Used a different variation of my real name and a different birthdate. I started off with providing a vcc, then a bank account, then a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ drivers license and then my debit card . Since i saw i was approaching the 20k/200 threshold and getting reminders from pp, i provided a ein number. So when i called paypal yesterday about not receiving money for the ebay sales, they dont care about the ein i just added. Instead they want my ssn, to see who i really am behind the business. They say it is required by federal law. I alreadt have my original paypal account that i have for 20 years with my own ssn. If i give them my ssn in this newer pp aacount would that be a problem? If yes what should i do? I worked so hard and invested a lot of money to get where i am. Just had my best sales this past weekend only i am now not getting paid. Please help. Very depressed.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2019

Longevity: 30%
Default Re: Paypal doesnt want my ein they want ssn instead

Hello,

On of my stealth accounts where i used my friends information, I was able to link my EIN and provide some bull**** SSN. Then i talked to a foreign PP representative from philipines I believe where he was requesting SSN. I told him i can't give it to him for tax reasons. was on the phone with him for 45 minutes and was able to bypass the SSN limitation. Keep calling Paypal and insist that due to tax implications you can't provide your SSN. hang up and try again until it works. Best of luck, let me know how it goes.
Old 06-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Mike thanks for the reply. Was it a full ssn or the last 4 digits? They have my last 4 which is the same as my reall ssn. I am so afraid to give them the my full ssn. But i could give em a full ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ssn which i read can be bad. Bad if they find that it belongs to someone else or bad that it does not match my somewhat fictional name on file if they do a credit check. What is the likelihood that paypal would do a credit check? Also i am wondering if i enter the ein in the ssn? Would that work? My ein by the way is legit.
Old 06-10-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

There are too many holes in your Paypal account,your name,your birthdate,your driver license and now EIN when PAYPAL asks for SSN.
Paypal has seen too many times ,when asked for SSN,the guy switch to EIN.
Old 06-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

You waited far and away to long to reply to the three demands for Tax information on paypal.
Once you get fully tax limited, it is a lot harder to upgrade to business and enter your EIN but quite doable still.

It seems to me that you have not asked to ugrade to business.
Old 06-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Aww you are so sweet. Thanks for the music suggestion
Old 06-10-2019

Longevity: 30%

At first they wanted my full SSN when it was a personal. my friend didnt give me his social, so i replaced it with the EIN. then when i upgraded to business i inputted the EIN.. then they requested the last 4 digits of SSN where i just entered the last 4 digits of the EIN. Then i called in. Make sure its a foreign representative, because i tried to do this with US reps and they are ****ing assholes.
Old 06-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Ok we now have a happy ending. I will explain how it played out and hope this will be helpful for others who maybe going through the same things.
When i called paypal yesterday find out why they want remove the restrictions, they were adamant that i provide a ssn and that i get the impression that my ein was not good enough. Today i went to paypal and was toying around with answering paypal request for more info and or tax id. I went back to the tax id route. I reentered my ein. Then i get his message that it was not a match. I am thinking well i did change my business name the other day when i called the irs. Also i remeber i use a different business address and it does not match paypal. Anyway i called irs to update the address to match the one i have on paypal. Also asked irs how long it takes to update the database. They said a few days, possibly longer. After squaring away with irs, i went back to paypal to reenter ein. A few more times it did not recognize. Then in the end it has several checkboxes on the bottom. You are basically swearing that the info is true and correct which it is. And moments later I get an email from paypal saying thank you for updating which i thought was encouraging. Then i went back to ebay and posted some of my drafts.and there went through. That was good. Just received the first payment on several items tjat were sold over the weekend. I also emailed my buyers saying there was a glitch with the checkout and it has now been resolved. And i thank the buyers for their patience. So i guess it is all good. I am now working back to reality after being in a dark hole.for the last 24 hrs. There is hope for those that are trying to get over a hurdle. Thanks for all the replies and guidance and encouragement.
Old 06-10-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

YES,iT does take time for IRS to update its data base,glad it works
Old 06-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Just so you know, the address does not have to match.

The only thing that has to match is the business name and tax ID number.

Paypal/amazon, etc..... They ask the IRS one question and that is, "Does this name match this number" and the IRS replies with a YES or NO.