ebay cutting off paypal and work with adyen instead - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-11-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default ebay cutting off paypal and work with adyen instead

As ya'll know ebay plans to cut off paypal as its main process payment by next year and instead will begin working with adyen.. is this a good thing for us as stealth sellers? Does anyone has ever dealt with adyen, is it better than paypal for stealth?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2019

Default Re: ebay cutting off paypal and work with adyen instead

It’s good in the short term in that it will give you options. But I think it’s a sign that eBay is trying to get more like amazon, keep everything in house, and start vetting its sellers. Because as of now, ebay doesn’t really collect any information from you (or at least, they don’t verify it at all), and PayPal is the one doing all the tax reporting document collecting etc. If you go rogue and skip out on your fees, eBay has no recourse. But, once it’s in house, they will take their fees out before they even pay you. It’ll take them a long time to get the customer base to shift off of PayPal though.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ungatelord For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (06-11-2019), Jennifer91 (06-11-2019), kitting (08-23-2019), nickopedia (06-11-2019), Startacus (06-12-2019), yankee (06-18-2019)
Old 06-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

As a seller who's already been approved for Adyen (managed payments) on one account, I can say with confidence it's not good for stealth at all. It's actually going to be the death of stealth accounts as we know them. It's looking like using various forms of business accounts will be the only way to run multiple accounts (without intentionally linking all of your accounts together) once all sellers are forced into managed payments (which eBay says won't be until 2023, by the way). Using fictitious identities to make "personal stealth accounts" will be next to impossible.

Another member who's been approved (Lucynda) says she was able to use stealth info during the application process. But she/(he?) had to have documents made for that identity and after all that they still had to link a bank account matching the LLC name on eBay.

They're vetting the personal and business info they require from you during the application process. On top of that, the name on your eBay account has to match the name on your bank account or they won't link successfully.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
CAPH (06-11-2019), james_112233 (06-12-2019), Jennifer91 (06-11-2019), Lucynda (06-14-2019), nickopedia (06-11-2019), proton8 (03-04-2020), Startacus (06-12-2019), yankee (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungatelord View Post
they will take their fees out before they even pay you.
For what it's worth, they aren't doing that in the new system. It would be nice but it's not something they're doing. At least not yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (06-14-2019)
Old 06-11-2019

Is this a USA thing or a UK/worldwide issue?
Old 06-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

This is a very interesting thread. Very good points made about the switch to Managed Payments. That will mean bank level verification for accounts, so it will no longer be possible to use ⊗⊗⊗⊗ data.
Old 06-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay.slayer View Post
Is this a USA thing or a UK/worldwide issue?
It's being rolled out in USA first but will eventually be a worldwide thing. eBay has been saying since the beginning that all sellers will be using managed payments by 2023.
Old 06-11-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

So for USA, paypal is still available until 2022?
Old 06-12-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

Is Etsy using Ayden?
Etsy is taking its FVF from the payment when someone place an order in your shop,instead of waiting for you to pay your bill at the end of the month.
It is like a wake up call for the seller when he finds out how much is taken from the order total?the cc fee,transaction fee,the FVF fee on both item and shipping,and how much he really keeps?
like AMZN ,every time I sell a dvd or book,after all the fees and postage,I make 99 cents!
Old 06-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Is Etsy using Ayden?
Etsy is taking its FVF from the payment when someone place an order in your shop,instead of waiting for you to pay your bill at the end of the month.
It is like a wake up call for the seller when he finds out how much is taken from the order total?the cc fee,transaction fee,the FVF fee on both item and shipping,and how much he really keeps?
like AMZN ,every time I sell a dvd or book,after all the fees and postage,I make 99 cents!
Etsy does use Adyen, but Adyen is just the backend payment processor. It's Etsy's decision to deduct fees from each transaction - not the policy of Adyen as a whole. eBay's not handling it that way with their Adyen setup. They're still invoicing sellers for FVF's and whatnot. At least, that's what they're doing now.

If eBay wanted to deduct fees out of every transaction there's no reason they wouldn't be able to do that with Paypal as the processor. Paypal takes their fee off the top so eBay could do the same if they really wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
So for USA, paypal is still available until 2022?
They haven't really been clear on that. They've said the transition to managed payments worldwide will be completed by 2023. But that doesn't necessarily mean that USA sellers will have PP as an option for that long - especially considering that USA is the first country to have managed payments implemented. If it goes well (which it seems to be doing) they may force US sellers into managed payments before 2023 so they can focus on integrating other countries.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 06-12-2019 at 07:54 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
1435 (06-15-2019), dealagreeproceed (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019

Longevity: 44%

Dose the address info mobile number etc have to match the eBay to the bank? Or is it just the name? As you could easy just change the name on the eBay to your real name to match the real bank get verified then change it back or leave it all rest of the info will be diff
The Following User Says Thank You to yellowprintdirect For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

I can't really answer that one until I have more experience on the platform.

I was forced to give my real name and address on the application.. but Lucynda says she used a stealth identity and was able to get it to work by having a phake ID made.

I still have the same GV # on the account that I've been using for years which is an out of state phone number. So I don't think phone numbers will be scrutinized too much, but I really don't know yet.

Quote:
As you could easy just change the name on the eBay to your real name to match the real bank
In a way that's actually what I ended up doing. The account I got into managed payments still had the original stealth name it was created with several years ago. I'd converted the eBay account to a business account a few years prior, but the stealth name still showed in the top left corner where eBay's little greeting shows.

I didn't go into my account details and change the name there. But once I submitted the application with my real name + SSN on it, the name on my account was automatically updated. I won't be trying to change it back because I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly.
Old 06-12-2019

Somewhere I read Paypal will always be an option for Ebay sellers,cant recall where I read that,maybe from Paypal?????
Old 06-12-2019

I was thinking of changing the names of my eBay’s to my real name only to match my bank. Thoughts? As am sure there’s plenty of dave Jones around for eBay to not link the accounts as they will have diff addresses & numbers etc. If that’s what they are only after which is name on eBay to match name of bank account.
Old 06-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Somewhere I read Paypal will always be an option for Ebay sellers,cant recall where I read that,maybe from Paypal?????
I don't know where you read that but it wasn't true.

Paypal will always be an option for buyers not sellers.
agent006140 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019

Quote:
Am hoping this is the case that you can chose to use PayPal as your preferred. As PayPal is surely far to big to just cancel out completely forever.
Old 06-12-2019

They're vetting the personal and business info they require from you during the application process. On top of that, the name on your eBay account has to match the name on your bank account or they won't link successfully.
--------------------
so there is a way for Ebay to find out whose name is in your bank account?
if Ebay can,so can PAYPAL.
I swear there was a time Paypal folks cant link their bank account t o their Paypal account because the names do not match exactly,like johnnie smith and john smith.
But in this forum,it seems it does not matter,all you need is the routing and bank account number and come back and confirm the 2 macro deposits.
Old 06-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

@yellowprint - I guess all you can do is experiment and see if it works. There's very very limited info about any of this with it still being so new.

From what I've noticed they'll ask you for documentation if they see any discrepancies in your application. So be careful.
Old 06-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
--------------------
so there is a way for Ebay to find out whose name is in your bank account?
if Ebay can,so can PAYPAL.
I swear there was a time Paypal folks cant link their bank account t o their Paypal account because the names do not match exactly,like johnnie smith and john smith.
But in this forum,it seems it does not matter,all you need is the routing and bank account number and come back and confirm the 2 macro deposits.
I'm convinced eBay sees the bank name. eBay isn't using either of the bank linking methods that Paypal uses. Maybe it's new tech - I really don't know.

Coinbase is using the same method as eBay. It's not micro deposits or a 3rd party instant verify. You just put your account #, routing #, name, and type of account directly into the platform and then your bank account is either accepted or rejected on the spot.
dealagreeproceed (08-21-2019)
Old 06-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect View Post
Am hoping this is the case that you can chose to use PayPal as your preferred. As PayPal is surely far to big to just cancel out completely forever.
Wishful thinking but it's not true. eBay makes up a very small percentage of Paypal's total revenue. That's hardly even relevant though because Paypal will still be an option for buyers. Paypal is already integrated into managed payments for certain sellers.

All payments will go through managed payments by 2023, period. Buyers will still be able to pay with PP if they want because it's one of the options eBay is putting into managed payments. But if you buyer pays with PP the payment won't go into your PP account. It would be included as one of your payouts from eBay.
Old 06-12-2019

One other thought would be can you when you use a bank account to match the eBay name once that’s verified can you then add a 2nd bank and chose that bank to take the payments ??

I was thinking of adding my sisters name & address and her real bank get verified then add a 2nd bank. My one for the payments to get into ?
Old 06-12-2019

I am surprised Ebay is a small part of Paypal,WHERE Is the traffic coming from?
cant be TGT OR WMT or AMZN?