Bank Account Closing ... what should I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Bank Account Closing ... what should I do?

hi, something is going on with this bank.

I am using stealth account with different name connect to my gf's chase account. Today, me and my gf tried to use ATM card and they were not working. We called Bank and they said there are unusual activity in the account we closed ATM immediately and we have to close bank account by sep 8th, if she does not come to one of the branch and verify something.

she asked what she needs to verify? they said we have to call 3rd party company which I think it's paypal to verify something together.

Last Aug 14th, my paypal was hacked my someone, and had to transfer money from the bank to paypal. I think this is causing the bank problem.

Should she go to bank to verify? because paypal is in different name. is this going to cause trouble?

If bank closes her account, are they going to send the money to her address? or they are going to swallow like paypal.

what do you guys think? I need inputs.

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

paypal is not the third party that does this. It is contracted out to another party.

Regardless, the part of having a hijacked paypal account & transferring money to it from the bank is worrying.
Thread is closed until you send me a pm outlining the actual facts. This is done to help you.
Old 08-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

ostrich sent a very detailed pm about the paypal account. He has been the victim of a scam.
Old 08-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
ostrich sent a very detailed pm about the paypal account. He has been the victim of a scam.
Here is detail.

First my account was hijacked... and someone tried to transfer money from my account. At the time , I had like 10 dollars , but he transfer 300.. so automatically 290 had to come from the bank.

And I got moneys from my customers and I transfered $500 to my bank. (at the time I didn't know my paypal was hijacked).

And paypal limited my account due to the hijack activity and they reversed $500 bank transfer.

And I had to report the $300 hijack activity was fraud to the paypal, and they made me to confirm address and phone number and other stuffs. But they never asked me for ID or invoices,

After I did all the check lists, I called them and They release my account to normal status. and They reversed $300 from the hacker.

After that incident, today I found out my gf's bank ATM was closed, and they told me to come to branch to verify something. They said they need to confirm with 3rd party company which I think it's paypal. Since they tried to reverse the transfer $500.

I do not hide anything, these are the facts... if you want detail, I can give you more detail.

I am not sure if my gf should go to bank, I am afraid they find out the paypal is not her name. It's not even my name since it's stealth account.

Last edited by ostrich80; 08-27-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-27-2009

Longevity: 89%

IDT(identity theft) becomes more a headache due to the unsecured network & unprotected computers. I would recommend you and your GF install a good security software to well guard your computers. If you already have one, make sure it's up-to-date and functions as it should.

If Chase wants to talk to your GF, then just let her go there alone. Otherwise if chase closes her account, negative information stays on her ChexSystems report for five years. Other banks will typically take a look at a report before deciding whether they want her as a customer or not. So, just go there, talk to a banker, convince them she's the true owner of the bank account, this should solve the biggest concern.

If that banker asks or curious to know more about that reversed transfer, better think about a story before she goes. Don't make it too complicated. Make the story simple and understandable since most people don't have or have very limited selling experience with eBay and Paypal. She can say she got permission borrowed a paypal account from a friend to sell her stuffs because her own paypal got hijacked, frozen and paypal refuses her to register new account. Then a few days back, a cheat buyer bought something expensive such as a handbag from her then filed a charge back, so paypal had to reverse the transaction and withdraw. Many people know paypal and heard bad stories about it here and there. You can also think about other good ways to explain.

Don't be panic, you can pretend to be a banker, have your GF practice once or twice in front of you before she goes. She'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluemoon999 For This Useful Post:
ostrich80 (08-27-2009)
Old 08-27-2009
Threadstarter  

What would be the good Identity Protection Software?
Old 08-27-2009

if its under your girls name than its not a problem.... i had the same problem when i was taking out 500 dollars out of an atm daily....they become suspcious its just a security measure....just make your girl call them or come in to show her id and state that the writhdraws are made by her ''bf'' and you allow him to do it... i did the same thing with my gf.....
dont be a nerve reck... you should be fine...
Old 08-27-2009

Longevity: 89%

Check out these 3 web pages to get more ideas and tips to get better protection.

Identity Theft 2009 - TopTenREVIEWS

Privacy Software Review 2009 - TopTenREVIEWS

Online Shopping Tips 2009 - TopTenREVIEWS
The Following User Says Thank You to bluemoon999 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (08-27-2009)