Do you folks use stealth info for signing up for coinbase? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

Old 06-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Do you folks use stealth info for signing up for coinbase?

I mean, we're all stealth and we're selling somewhat "risky" products right? I wouldn't want coinbase to know what i'm selling on my website and know who I am, is that correct? Or is everything have to be in your real name? Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-16-2019

Longevity: 31%
Send a message via Skype™ to jas
Default Re: Do you folks use stealth info for signing up for coinbase?

You'll need to use your real details with coincase as they need KYC checks

Jas's VCC Store HERE
Old 06-16-2019
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I wouldn't recomend coinbase. Possiy the worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
dachilla (06-18-2019), GreenBean (07-10-2019), Jigsaw (06-19-2019)
Old 06-16-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

which would you recommend?
Old 06-16-2019
just_smile

Depends what you're planning on doing?

If its just to recieve payments from customers , I'd use electrum desktop wallet.

If you're wanting to use an exchange as a ramp on and off,Then you will need to do some research. See what's best for US based guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
rsot (06-16-2019)
Old 06-16-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i'm trying to figure out how to add to my website to collect payments. When you to your typical shopify site, altho mine is not shopify, you can see a paypal button where customers can click to pay. I want to use that for bitcoin payments. i hear coinbase can do that with your woocommerce site. What was it about coinbase that was so bad in your experience?
Old 06-16-2019
just_smile

Coinbase are essentially paypal of the crypto world. They can and will shut you down for any activity they don't like. Their customer service is non existent. If you ever have any issues and need their help, you are f*cked. They can lock your money up and you have no recourse other than legal action etc.
Old 06-16-2019

Longevity: 32%

if you have a registered company, and it is available for your country, i can vouch big times for coingate as a payment processor!
didn't have a single issue with them all these years since i first found them

you can accept payments in woo/other shop systems, create custom links you send to customers, they will pay with the current exchange rate so you will never loose money through exchange rate fluctuation when you set it to collect payments in € or [insert FIAT currency here]

they accept 50+ currencies which you don't need to have a wallet for, just make KYC and attach your bank to cash out automatically on schedule.

i am not affiliated with them, but i like their service and the fees are the lowest i found when i decided for them (1% last time i checked some weeks ago)
The Following User Says Thank You to backamblock For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (06-16-2019)
Old 06-16-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So, if coinbase steals your money because of the types of things you do or sell, then what's the point of collecting money through crypto? I thought crypto was supposed to be anonymous? No refunds to customers (especially if you sell semi-risky stuff), except under the SELLER's discretion right? If this was not the case, then what's the point of using crypto? I can just have paypal hold my money lol.

Account sellers on here, why do you use crypto? for anonymity am I correct?
Old 06-16-2019

wait... did i miss something here?

coinbase is an EXCHANGE, how would you ever come to the conclusion to use it as a WALLET ? if you need a wallet, get a wallet, when you need to exchange it, send it to your exchange "wallet"ish but insecure thing and exchange it

yes that's the main selling poing of crypto in the real world. but also for no(t woth mentioning) transaction fees, no "buyer" protection, fast and easy payment and also the fact that it can not be stolen by neither government nor other people if you treat your wallet a little bit cautious

edit.. no personal experience with coinbase, bitfinex never ripped me off tho

Last edited by backamblock; 06-16-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I’m trying to use bitcoin as a payment for my website, but if they don’t let me use stealth information, what’s the point that’s what I’m saying.
Yes, it does have less buyer protection, but buyers take that risk for buying the “riskier” products and they know that. So I’m asking what plugins I can use for my website and most people say coinbase. So I’m here to ask what others are saying.
Old 06-17-2019

Longevity: 28%

It is pretty hard to bypass their KYC check: You have to use their app to take a selfie WITH your photo ID.
Old 06-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
I’m trying to use bitcoin as a payment for my website, but if they don’t let me use stealth information, what’s the point that’s what I’m saying.
Yes, it does have less buyer protection, but buyers take that risk for buying the “riskier” products and they know that. So I’m asking what plugins I can use for my website and most people say coinbase. So I’m here to ask what others are saying.
if i understand you correctly, you need a solution for 2 problems:
1. be able to receive bitcoins without much of a hassle
2. convert them to FIAT without much loss

if you don't want to use coinbase and kyc for your risky sales, there are a lot of services out there who will do that other than coinbase. coinbase makes its money from exchange rates, other services you will have to pay monthly or a percentage of the transfers.

if you only want to tackle one of both problems at a time, your chances of success are MUCH higher.. just get a wallet to receive btc payments, set up a cron job in your shop to update exchange rates every minute and there you go.
then you just use an exchange like coinbase/bitfinex/coinmama etc to exchange the btc to fiat in your real name with your real kyc info, no questions asked.

i can build you a bot for this easily, which will check for payment on your wallet (without private key access) and mark order as paid in your shop. if you want it can also send the btc payment to the exchange as soon as it is confirmed and ready to transfer, so you wont loose on exchange rate

i hope you get that the exchanges as a company HAVE to do the KYC stuff as soon as they exchange your btc to fiat, otherwise they're screwed legally because of money laundering

Last edited by backamblock; 06-17-2019 at 05:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to backamblock For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (06-17-2019)
Old 06-17-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok, so I can setup a wallet plugin type of thing for my website/woocommerce that will accept bitcoin. From there, I can use the bitcoin and exchange it for real cash in my own personal information, using services such as coinbase, and coinbase would have no idea what I sold, can I do that? That's a viable option?
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
backamblock (06-17-2019)
Old 06-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Yes, that would work.

Sorry for jumping in. Thread title caught my attention since I've been seeing "stealth" coinbase accounts for sale for years. They're made with phake ID's..

Still though, no reason to use one of those if you're selling legal stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-10-2019)
Old 06-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yes, that would work.

Sorry for jumping in. Thread title caught my attention since I've been seeing "stealth" coinbase accounts for sale for years. They're made with phake ID's..

Still though, no reason to use one of those if you're selling legal stuff.
agree, don't make thinks more complicated than needed, stick to KISS principle and you'll be fine.

if you're legal, just replace coinbase with coingate and you'll stop having problems
Old 06-17-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

What's KISS principle? Anyways, what kind of wallet plugin do u folks recommend? I'll have a look around youtube or google search to see what others use for receiving bitcoin payments on their woocommerce website.

What I said post #14, I would imagine that no one would get my real info in terms of what I do. Customers don't know my personal information (which is the most important when you think about it), and the company that gives me FIAT currency for my bitcoin, they wouldn't know what I'm selling, so they wouldn't be jack asses like Paypal and refund the money to customers who cry when they try to open a return case against me. The company that gives me FIAT currency, even though they know my personal info, that's ok, since they don't know what i'm selling.
Old 06-17-2019

KISS is "Keep it stupid simple"

with coingate, no customer will get your real info. all they see is a page where they will be able to pay to some random wallet with their crypto of choice.
i guess you shouldn't use it for ilegal stuff because coingate still knows who you are, but customers will never know.

otherwise, there are some websites where you can create self-updating payment links with your wallet address and the FIAT amount to receive in it.
or you can just use the built in "bank transfer" plugin and instead of bank info, you insert your wallet address.
Old 06-17-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

What is your opinion on blockonomics? Also, can I just use google wallets to store my bitcoin if i use coingate or blockonomics? I mean, all the other non industry standard would have me wary of keeping, say 400 dollars worth of bitcoins in it.

Last edited by glacier922; 06-17-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-18-2019

Longevity: 34%

I can say for 100% certainty. I do not and will not sell risky products on eBay. I actually love what I do and I love making my customers happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
I mean, we're all stealth and we're selling somewhat "risky" products right? I wouldn't want coinbase to know what i'm selling on my website and know who I am, is that correct? Or is everything have to be in your real name? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to franklinshauna For This Useful Post:
backamblock (06-19-2019)
Old 06-18-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

That's why we use crypto lol.
Old 06-19-2019

i guess the fact that we are using stealth accounts makes the whole thing risky in itself, doesn't it?

for blockonomics, i never had experience with it, so i can not give you advice here. Two things i notice from looking over their website:
1. they offer first 10 transactions for free, but fee after that is the same as coingate
2. they only accept BTC, which could be a minus for some

and how do you mean store in google wallet? do they accept btc now? 0.o

edit: if you want your money to be kept in BTC, i would rather work with a custom bot and the address watcher API of blockonomics