New ebay account. Why ebay didn't ask for phone verification&credit card details - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default New ebay account. Why ebay didn't ask for phone verification&credit card details

Another confising. I just sign up with ebay. However everything was done just right after I complete the form (filling name and details).

Why don't they ask me to verify the phone, credit card details????

It seems like I can start selling now (but I won't until I make sure everything is completed)

Or I have to link this ebay to my new paypal first? then they will ask me about this step?

I am really confused now. Or they change their rules again?

(This happened once in the past but at that time I was new to stealth account trick so I just went ahead selling items and verify my paypal afterward. However there was no problem with that account at that time.but still got paypal limit due to £1,700 eu laundering money scheme and they asked me to post the copy of passport to them to lift limit. I decided not to post any document because the feedback is not that high. So I dumped that account and created new one which I still need to verify so many steps).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2009

Longevity: 89%

On eBay UK, right?

In USA, Normally they would ask the verification when people click the "Continue" or "Submit" button when listing the very 1st item.

Which category did you list the item?

Last edited by bluemoon999; 08-26-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Add country
Old 08-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Oh....really

I have not listed any item yet. but as I remember ebay will ask you to verify everything just right after you sign up. or I am wrong? I have not tried to list anything yet because I want to make sure this is ok. I am afraid there will be a problem later if I don't complete such step.

By the way, on the previous account that ebay did not ask for phone verification and credit card, I sold stamps which cost about £10. At that time I can list the item straight away after sign up.

ps: yes, ebay.co.uk
Old 08-26-2009

Longevity: 91%

This link should do it: ebay seller account - Google Search*

Or you could try listing an item and it will prompt you to add credit card, phone #, paypal, etc.

*Link is directly to Google
Old 08-27-2009
Threadstarter  

I have tried to list an item and yes they ask me for phone verification.
However after it's done, I can just list that item.

Also when I tried to add credit card, there is no step that ebay will debit money from my credit card to verify identity as they asked me before with my previous account.
Old 08-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypark View Post
I have tried to list an item and yes they ask me for phone verification.
However after it's done, I can just list that item.

Also when I tried to add credit card, there is no step that ebay will debit money from my credit card to verify identity as they asked me before with my previous account.
Hi,

You only do the phone verification and add a debit / credit card as you try to submit your first listing. On Ebay.co.uk, it's best just to use the Paypal account to pay the fees when setting up the seller account.

If you have listed an item, make sure that you have a fully verified and confirmed Paypal account linked to the Ebay account or else your Ebay account will be suspended very quickly (usually within a few days). Trust me on this one - I lost four accounts this way.
Old 08-27-2009
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your reply.
Yes I registered ebay account after my paypal account is verified and confirmed. I have done all before I register ebay account.

However, in my previous account, when I signed up for ebay account, they debited my money from credit card. Then I had to verify those amount of debited money to ebay.

but why when I sign up new account recently, there is no that kind of process?

ps: yes, I linked my paypal to this new ebay and choose to pay the fee by paypal.
Old 08-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypark View Post
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I registered ebay account after my paypal account is verified and confirmed. I have done all before I register ebay account.

However, in my previous account, when I signed up for ebay account, they debited my money from credit card. Then I had to verify those amount of debited money to ebay.***

but why when I sign up new account recently, there is no that kind of process?

ps: yes, I linked my paypal to this new ebay and choose to pay the fee by paypal.

*** You don't do this on Ebay. To my knowledge, you've never had to do this. I think you may be confusing this with the debit / credit card confirmation process on Paypal.

It does appear like you're good to go.