help pls been told hide location by Paypal even use ipburger - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-19-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default help pls been told hide location by Paypal even use ipburger

Is there anyone met the same problem as me ?

Try to make a payment by Paypal , but can`t .
When I contact paypal customer service .

First question been asked :Are you using a VPN or any kind of hosting network?
My answer is : NO
And customer service asked :The security system is picking up that your internet provider is hiding your location and is not letting the payment through as a precaution.

Is there anyone can help with it pls
I have bought the IP burger VPN , and login normal as I did everyday .
But happened today .
Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2019

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: help pls been told hide location by Paypal even use ipburger

What kind of internet connection you using?
Old 06-19-2019
Threadstarter  

I am using sky wifi broadband
Thank you .
Old 06-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

It sounds like you tried sending payments too early in the life of your account. When you called in the rep noticed your VPN usage, bringing unnecessary negative attention to your account.

How old was your account? Did it have plenty of sales activity before you tried paying for something?
Old 06-19-2019

Longevity: 49%

Did you recently change your IP to IPBurger ?
Old 06-19-2019
Threadstarter  

No , bought IPBurger first and then start login ebay and paypal with the Fresh IP address
Thx
Old 06-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

This happens. Anyone can tell if you are using a VPN or not if they look.

I would wait a few days and try again.
Old 06-19-2019
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Yes, agreed with yankee. You're moving too quickly with the account.

With a new IP, especially a VPN you should take at least 2-3 days for PayPal to get used to the IP address before sending/receiving and making any account accounts.

If you login with a unknown VPN and start making changes right away without this short period there is a chance of temporary blocks.

What you should do is login with the new IP, view a few pages and log out. Do it for another day and by the 3rd day you should be fine.
Old 06-21-2019

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post

With a new IP, especially a VPN you should take at least 2-3 days for PayPal to get used to the IP address before sending/receiving and making any account accounts.

If you login with a unknown VPN and start making changes right away without this short period there is a chance of temporary blocks.

What you should do is login with the new IP, view a few pages and log out. Do it for another day and by the 3rd day you should be fine.
Could not agree more.

PayPal and many other sites in general are able to see VPN usage in their system. The key here is to build up cookies and a history of logging in and out of PayPal to make it seem like you're a genuine, new customer.

If all of a sudden you make a PP account on a VPN and start receiving and sending payments in and out of your account it will look very suspicious to PayPal, this is where limitations come into place.

They have "soft" limits on new account (basically the fraud system detects activity on newly registered accounts/where there's hardly any transaction history) so try to keep logging in every 24 hours (browsing different areas of PayPal once logged in) and after a few days you can explain to them that you're connected to an office and you do not have any idea what a VPN is.

Playing dumb will favour you instead of you explaining to them that you're using a VPN to remain anonymous. They're more likely to see you as a potential thread - anonymity to PayPal raises suspicion. Emails they send are along the lines of:

"After careful consideration we are no longer able to allow you to use our features" - they mention that you're basically a threat to the company

Best of luck OP!
Old 06-22-2019
Threadstarter  

thank you for reply
So whichmeans there is no point to use VPN ? Or VPN is fine as long as they don`t check your account , when they check the account , they know everything ?
Thank you .
Old 06-22-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It sounds like you tried sending payments too early in the life of your account. When you called in the rep noticed your VPN usage, bringing unnecessary negative attention to your account.

How old was your account? Did it have plenty of sales activity before you tried paying for something?
Thank you for reply .
This account is 3month old , I have sent payment little by little during the 3 month . do have plenty sales activity .
Thank you .
Old 06-22-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
This happens. Anyone can tell if you are using a VPN or not if they look.

I would wait a few days and try again.
thank you for reply
So whichmeans there is no point to use VPN ? Or VPN is fine as long as they don`t check your account , when they check the account , they know everything ?
Thank you .
Old 06-22-2019

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirdude View Post
Could not agree more.

PayPal and many other sites in general are able to see VPN usage in their system. The key here is to build up cookies and a history of logging in and out of PayPal to make it seem like you're a genuine, new customer.

If all of a sudden you make a PP account on a VPN and start receiving and sending payments in and out of your account it will look very suspicious to PayPal, this is where limitations come into place.

They have "soft" limits on new account (basically the fraud system detects activity on newly registered accounts/where there's hardly any transaction history) so try to keep logging in every 24 hours (browsing different areas of PayPal once logged in) and after a few days you can explain to them that you're connected to an office and you do not have any idea what a VPN is.

Playing dumb will favour you instead of you explaining to them that you're using a VPN to remain anonymous. They're more likely to see you as a potential thread - anonymity to PayPal raises suspicion. Emails they send are along the lines of:

"After careful consideration we are no longer able to allow you to use our features" - they mention that you're basically a threat to the company

Best of luck OP!
thank you this makes sense and from reading around this is some great usefull advice.. its helped me for sure!
Old 06-27-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post

Thank you for your reply .
The paypal account and IP are not new .
They are about 3 month old. and I have made payment little by little from one month to now .
Thank you