Different Platforms, Product Sources and More Planned. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 06-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Arrow Different Platforms, Product Sources and More Planned.

So Ive been away from these forums some time. Used to have a nick here without posting much at all. I bought 3 eBay/PP in like 2013 then tried using them couple years later and they were dead. My fault? Been looking for ways to do ecommerce aside from selling second hand stuff I come across.

I have some very good ideas. This thread may be long so hopefully I can give back in the way of information somehow. I do have some issues now. I got my eBay back and have sold on it successfully. I want to possibly do more there. My ideas seem vague at first, but Im narrowing my focus as we speak. Trying to get away from analysis paralysis/shiny object syndrome too.

Platforms of Interest:
-eBay (Paypal Processor)(High fees, but good outlet)
-Amazon (Amazon Payments)(Hate competing on the same listing=competing on price)
-Shopify (Stripe based processor) (Excellent choice, but needs traffic sources of ones own)
-Etsy (Not really Considering it to sell on since it would have to be crafted-I believe. 3D printer ideas anyone? LOL. Definitely may dropship jewelry from here thoough.)
-Other: Craigslist/ FB Marketplace would be the mail classifieds now and ets not forget apps...

I started pondering a long time ago ways to make money with ecomm. Now that I have income Im nearing towards taking real action. Heres some ideas...

-Local Product Flips (Cars/Appliances/Cracked Phones/Scrap Gold/Lowball Offers on small electronics)(Craigslist Mainly)(Storage Lockers? Estate Sales?Other?-Not too commonplace in my area)
-Fix faulty Lots of Electronics (off/on eBay)
-Books: College books are updated every year, the used college book market is huge. Offer to buy used books from college people. $$ (I prefer not to deal in person though!)
-Make things (Too time consuming!!)
-Retail Arbitrage: I keep hearing about this from people, but dont think I care to run around everywhere. Some products related to Gaming Ive seen built in profits for, but never took action after waiting 3 hours in line for a Wii one time. I tried to order 10-20 Occulus before and got declined for my bulk order by the site (Online).

Heres some better ideas IMO...
-Custom formulated Supplement/SkinCare/Whitening Products (Oh YEAH! But HUGE initial investment) (PLR products will be backend)
-Dropshipped products (Ali-Sites/Etsy/High Ticket)
-Jailbroken/Programmed Type Electronics
-Informational Products and Leads (Unlicensed/Freeware/Free Info Sources?)
-*Collectibles (Havent seen much winners on my own research, have found one coin with a potential $100 markup with source from EU)

Choosing a niche is highly important, but Im having an issue picking a dropshipping niche that has good components, such as; useful, evergreen, trendy, solves a problem, needs continuity and so on.

Im saving for $5,000 in funds to launch ecommerce business. Im going to get a good name, LLC and setup. Then will likely start with Shopify as my platform. Been going through loads of information on forums/courses and wherever I can obtain it. I think my next step after I get a firm grip on the PPC traffic knowledge is to invest in some product software (even there is too many options!). I have decent income, so soon I will test the waters on things until I get it to work.

As for funds Ill have to:
-Pay upfront or float product costs
-Pay monthly Host/Domain/Apps/Platform fees
-Pay for traffic or Influencers

Now, as for traffic the most platforms have their own coming in. I dont know SEO, especially these days. I am however studying Copywriting and PPC in depth in my spare time. Instagram S.I.'s are hot too now. Getting Marketing Certifications now as we speak.

Im definitely seeing Shopify being my main hub with Ebay/Amazon and other outlets playing a secondary one. I know theres also BTC related solo sites you can built on Selly, but cannot think of many things those users need. Can have Crypto COIN App for Shopify anyways. Almost rather would not as the price is not 2010 prices and it fluctuates too much.

As for Shopify, does anyone know the minimum Credit score for their Stripe Payment processor? Would 620 range be safe? I did their online chat but they did not provide clear answer. One reason I like Shopify is because Id own the list for backend profits. I dont know how well theyd work with Supplements though, that may require its own seperate processor as I read! Jeez

Those are some ideas for product sources and platforms I will sell on. I almost dont want to deal in small things under $30 unless it has good margins, the volume of orders would almost kill me at first.

Now starting out Ill probably do dropshipping on Shopify for trendy things. Ive heard to stay away from watches, electronics, trademarked/licensed things.

This sounds like a lot, and, yes it is. Im wanting to become a world traveler some day. Ecommerce sounds like a chance at some freedom for that. Ecommerce is the main income generator Im trying to obtain, but there are also other ways I can profit along the way with it.
-Freelance marketing services (from knowledge obtained along the way!) Think PPC/Copywriting/Social Media Management and others. You can triage other peoples services and manage their output.
-Journey blogging (Why not create a passive income stream from work already done to help others-somewhat atleast!)
-Build Social Influencer Accounts that promote my products
-Build a course around my journey blog
-Create a Charity to pay myself as president and give back a portion of gross receipts

I have a couple other businesses planned. Mainly Im into passive/semi-passive businesses and remote work.

Where to next? Wait and see.

Last edited by EcommerceObsessed; 06-27-2019 at 01:57 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Different Platforms, Product Sources and More Planned.

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth
Old 07-03-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Different Platforms, Product Sources and More Planned.

It sounds like a lot of work,I would just list on the most popular venues and let them worry about driving traffic,maintaining the site and collect the money for you-Etsy,AMZN and Ebay.
Ebay would not allow retail arbitrage,although I still see many who are still around .
Ebay has a category for electronics called parts and salvage,buyer cannot file item not as dsecribed with Ebay if they bought the item in that category,some sellers prefer to list their used electronics there to avoid any hassle .
But it does not mean they cant file with Paypal or their cc issuer
You may want to review each site buyer and seller protection and what items do not qualify for protection,what is INR,INAD and UA.