Suspended Ebay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-29-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Suspended Ebay account

I had my account suspended today and I have no idea why. I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on it as ebay has yet to respond.

So about a week ago I made a new account (5 days ago to be exact). Today I log in and add a couple items to my watch list. I go to bid on one and it get a screen about not being able to place a bid at this time. I don't remember it exactly because I figured it was just a glitch. Go back to ebay's main page and it says my account is now blocked and I have this alert in the message area and the same thing forwarded to my email.
Quote:
MC115 FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - User Agreement

Hello ----- (----@---.com),

As part of eBay's security efforts, your account has been suspended pending additional account verification. To appeal this suspension, please go to:
Suspended accounts

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use eBay in any way, including using existing accounts or registering new accounts. Any remaining listing fees are due right away and will be charged to the billing method you selected.

We understand this may be an inconvenience for you. However, keeping the marketplace safe is our top priority.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

This action was taken in accordance with the "Abusing eBay" section of the User Agreement. Review the User Agreement here:
Your User Agreement

H12490
This is what I don't get, what exactly did I do to "Abuse eBay"? Now I will add that this is a second account. My main account is shared with my wife and as I was buying a gift for her I didn't want her to see it so I made a seperate account. Is that what flagged my account for suspension? After reading these forums I'm a little scared to log in my first account because I don't want it suspended too. Until this I have never had an account suspended or even a negative feedback.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum, TM

ebay are handing out these MC115 suspensions frequently these days. Bear with me while I explain in more than 100 words
You have accountA which has certain markers about it: name, address, phone number and cookies, flash cookies: all of these give ebay an identity. Now you come along and make accountB. Maybe this time instead of completely duplcating name address, phone number, you have a slight variation. But those cookies & flash cookies are there as well. ebay bots go 'warning warning': what is the story? So they send the (generic) MC115
It is not that you have done anything dishonest but the fact you have
not 'used' the ebay system the way they want it done.
Solution: if as you say your main account is in good standing, give them the information to prove you are who you say you are.
Any problems. feel free to send me a pm
envylicious (05-22-2011)
Old 05-25-2010
ted3869

Longevity: 0%

how did you resolve this 115 issue?
Old 05-25-2010

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted3869 View Post
how did you resolve this 115 issue?
You can't resolve it. The account is gone unless you want to reply to this email and then be ready to provide all the documentation they are going to ask for (a state Id, bank statements, invoices). I don't think you have something to lose here. Just create another stealth account taking all right steps.

Last edited by ptenchick; 05-25-2010 at 11:39 AM.