Hypothetically could I use a separate cellphone for each stealth? And do nothing else - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 07-03-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Hypothetically could I use a separate cellphone for each stealth? And do nothing else

Ok so I had paid for the Stealth Book like last year when I was getting a little nervous about getting hit with two vero strikes in a week.... Long story short my main eBay accounts still alive and kicking but I never got around to creating backup stealth accounts.

My question is.... can I just make this process simpler and buy a unlimited data plan, get a new phone and operate the account strictly off my phone? My main account is basicly entirely run off my iPhone currently, I might log in to a desktop once a weeek but I could not use a desktop at all no problem. Let’s say I have 3 iPhones laying around that need to be activated, I go out and buy 3 different sim kits from mint mobile, disable WiFi on the phones and run 3 accounts on three phones with 3 different sims. Would this be a problem if I only use the phone to access my eBay account and never log on anywhere besides the dedicated mobile device? Can I use the eBay app if I go this route? Everyone says stay away from the app but if I had a dedicated mobile for each account why would using the app be an issue?

If I got 3 iPhones with 3 new sims that covers,
3 separate phone numbers for account verification
3 separate Dedicated IP addresses
I could register the SIM cards under 3 separate names
Use the 3 phones to set up 3 PayPal accounts
Get 3 bank accounts and I’m good to go?

Am I missing something. I mean I can see this setup being a tad expensive compared to using a mifi device and running different user accounts on a laptop tethered to the mifi but in my situation I have access to a never ending supply of iPhones and mint mobile data plans are dirt cheap plus I’m already use to running my entire eBay store off my phone as is... what am I missing here?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-03-2019

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: Hypothetically could I use a separate cellphone for each stealth? And do nothing

Yes that is what I do. iPhones at least have a new IP address and MAC address that is set to the iphone. So you can put your same sim card in it and that will change the mac address and IP address. I have 9 phones for 9 accounts right now
Old 07-03-2019

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: Hypothetically could I use a separate cellphone for each stealth? And do nothing

You don't even need 3 new sims, you can use your sim card, just only use data and don't connect them to your IP address.
Old 07-03-2019
Threadstarter  

So the IP adress isn’t generated from the sim/data plan but from the phone itself? Hmmm didn’t know that. I’m headed to the store to grab a sim kit and try it out....

Jaykarrels Do you use the eBay app? Or your browser?
Old 07-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykarrels View Post
Yes that is what I do. iPhones at least have a new IP address and MAC address that is set to the iphone. So you can put your same sim card in it and that will change the mac address and IP address. I have 9 phones for 9 accounts right now
Thank you for the reply...
Are you using the eBay app or only the browser?
Old 07-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Avoid using the eBay app in general.
Old 07-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykarrels View Post
You use paypal too in each one?
Old 07-03-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 29%
Send a message via Skype™ to bman707

I sure miss the cha Ching noise I always got on my phone lol

Fresh Secure US/UK/Canada IP Address : https://secure.ipburger.com/aff.php?aff=191
Old 07-03-2019

Longevity: 35%

Yep cha Ching. I have 8 eBay. 8 PayPal and 8 phones 1 eBay/PayPal per phone. I use app on them all. Using phone data and never connecting to WiFi. Can be a pain but I know nothing about computers.
The Following User Says Thank You to bhuzz For This Useful Post:
Fiattdi1 (08-19-2022)
Old 07-03-2019

Longevity: 28%

I thought about this also, but thought "it's just too easy" to work. VPNs (the fresh dedicated ones touted here on the forums) are causing some issues as of late. It's not the IP numbers themselves, but PayPal and/or ebay detection of a VPN I suspect is causing ID requests and suspensions. They just don't trust accounts made with a VPN as much as they did just months ago. Time and money is at stake and these lost accounts are adding up to just that.
Can some of the senior members here chime in on what would be the best network to purchase separate phones and plans? (Best chance of not having abused phone number and or recycled too-much ips? Also, iPhones are discussed here, but I hate apple operating system and love android. Would this work also?
Any help on this subject is appreciated
Old 07-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Why though? I could understand if you were trying to operate multiple accounts on one device but if you only have one account per device why would the app be an issue?

I’m still skeptical on using one SIM card but I did order myself a sim kit from mint mobile (10gb data per month for 25.00) and I’m going to see what happens when I insert one sim in to one iPhone and then into another. I’ll tape your word for it that you get a new ip each device but I’m just unsure about the SIM card itself having some type of unique identifier that eBay looks for... I’m going to try and ask around reddit and other iPhone forums and get to the bottom of it. If you only need one SIM card then that’d be tit because I have about 35 iPhones in my office.

Even if I need a SIM card plus data plan per device like I said mint mobile only cost 25.00 a month for 10gb. I chew through just about 10gb of data on my current phone that I do 99 percent of my eBay work on aswell as a **** ton of YouTube streaming so I think 10gb is more then enough per account. 25.00 per account doesn’t seem to bad to me.
Old 07-03-2019
Banned

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Stop it.

Read the thread next time before posting. He said he's using a different phone per account.
Old 07-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthandbeautysupply View Post
Why though? I could understand if you were trying to operate multiple accounts on one device but if you only have one account per device why would the app be an issue?
True - if only one account per device, the app isn't an issue. As long as you keep yourself diligent to one account per device.
Old 07-04-2019

Ok so I’ve got a diff cell phone for my stealth acc buy I’m having trouble linking a Visa card to pp I bought a Prepaid one didn’t work? What am I doing wrong