Google's upped their profile game - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 07-08-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Google's openly building a profile on you

A salty redpilled arrogant "ex-google tech lead" (lol) college grad made this video showing some of the stuff google and chrome has got on people now (after unknowingly agreeing to it a while back) *cough* Personally I did not care about it but what they've done since then is kind of creepy.

In google's privacy settings you can find a profile on yourself, where you've been (phone tracking), what your searching and viewing habits are, and the kicker is they are working with amazon to track your purchases. They got my age and interests right.

As far as "Google Coin" I couldn't find anything about it without digging deeper and reading between the lines, but if google ever actually did release a coin, they (like facebook) would not only have incredible amounts of data (not as good as alibaba) but they'd also control a proprietary currency separate from the US dollar. In other words they'd know what you buy, when you buy it, where you buy it and then they (or facebook) groom people into using their currency leading to stuff like "What's paper money, dad?" Personally I think precious metals are like what paper money will be like for kids in the future. You can't do anything with it, can't eat it, sleep on it, it's heavy, how do you transport it out of the country with you... I think it would be a nice thing to have in a time of temporary hardship, but since then there are so many new regulating bodies that control and buffer any kind of severe deflation or inflation and economic crash storing metals was something pushed at society to keep the economy internationally stable.

From a psychological point of view, Mark Zuckerberg is a rebellious "woke" entrepreneur himself, and I'll say he has no problem taking authority away from those he might think could oppose the success of his company, especially when trying to compete (like in selling profiles on people). The "fuel" for these tech companies are starry eyed college grads willing to work long hours and live in high rent districts chasing the american dream. Without these energetic dedicated youths throwing money back into the system, the system doesn't function, and the city literally collapses. So there's no stopping these companies, they've got massive amounts of data analyzing silicone valley techies willing to jump through hoops to prop these giants up.

Go incredibly far into the future, I don't see how once human society has completely mastered a global economy that a few giant companies like Walmart version 2.0 on steroids wouldn't control everything you can buy. That is at least without resistance from government and monopoly laws. You could say these companies could be like a religion, a self-authorizing body powerful enough to challenge the government with it's influence over people. The largest companies are banks, oil, automobile and tech, and tech companies are trying to be banks - not "wallets" but banks.

Last edited by Sunspot144; 07-09-2019 at 01:39 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-09-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Google's upped their profile game

true,gold is bulky and hard to transport.
But gold in crisis is worth more,back in old days,a Chinese man wearing a gold necklace made of 24K gold will remove one bead to buy a bag of rice plus more .
During the Gulf War,Kuwaiti citizens in neighbor countries found their credit cards no longer accepted in stores and their MC/VISA cards no longer work at ATM,but their gold ring,gold jewelry can be sold to get local cash
There comes a time when store of value would be grains,antibiotics,chicken which lay eggs,goat,cow with cow milk,steer,bandaid,rubbing alcohol,soap,fresh water,salt,sugar,oil,fuel,gas,blankets,can openers (manual),not cryto currency or gold or IOU from Sam or diamond,saphire,ruby
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Sunspot144 (07-10-2019)
Old 07-09-2019

Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Google's openly building a profile on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post

In google's privacy settings you can find a profile on yourself, where you've been (phone tracking),
I didn't read all you wrote, but I'm semi-okay with this part.

I use it to log into my dad's account and see where his phone is, and where he's been, when I can't get a hold of him after a few days.(70 some years old, lives by himself, without neighbors up in the Appalachian Mountains)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (07-09-2019), Sunspot144 (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Logical use case scenario. Parents track kids with GPS apps now, kidnappers are easier to find, person is lost in woods/city, etc.

The data being collected online isnt far off from Minority Report. Throw in iris and fingerprint scanner tech from smart phones and targeted advertising could mean walking into the mall and being greeted by a hologram that says your name and tries to sell you a Hawaiin shirt. All because in google someone searched something like best times to take a vacation or how to stay motivated. Google just follows where you go on search and could easily predict what you may be wanting without you really knowing you even do yet.

The machine learning on FB knew I was interested in becomming a sniper for the military, not just military but specifically a sniper. That was at least 1.5yrs ago now but just showed up in my FB feed yesterday.

Maybe people have nothing to hide, but use case scenario when Target was collecting data at checkout when you sign up for their coupons, they sent a young future mother baby fliers to her home mail. Her father had no clue, but now he did. What if it were something else personal you did not want revealed should a scenario like that happen. Just invasive imo.

Last edited by Sunspot144; 07-10-2019 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Programmers are a weird bunch. Most are at least. Im not perfect. They sit in front of screens giving code commands to a computer and expect it to do just that. Very little outside social contact sometimes, which I think can skew perceived repercussions of the stuff being developed. But "who cares"! Just now saying stuff like whoops the planet really is warming up, maybe we should do something about it during these increasing number of hurricanes and rising sea levels. Have to somehow make money off global warming. Hurricanes are good business for construction companies.

Last edited by Sunspot144; 07-10-2019 at 05:19 AM.
Old 07-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
I didn't read all you wrote, but I'm semi-okay with this part.

I use it to log into my dad's account and see where his phone is, and where he's been, when I can't get a hold of him after a few days.(70 some years old, lives by himself, without neighbors up in the Appalachian Mountains)
Thanks for the morn chuckle
Old 07-10-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Thanks for the morn chuckle
It wasn't a joke lol
Old 07-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Yer dad already sounds cool. In the mtns no contact, me vs elements.
Old 07-10-2019

I grew up there. I still love it!
Old 07-14-2019

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

**** Google, Facebook and Amazon.