Pay ebay fees/shipping? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Pay ebay fees/shipping?

Can you pay ebay fees and shipping fees from the Paypal balance? I will have mine available in 21 days and wondering if by then it would be too late. (don't have shipping fees right now). I know you guys are going to say "get a prepaid debit card" but Can I use Capital One Eno Virtual Card to pay with avs mismatch (only zip code match) or is that super risky? I got the 1000 items/$25,000 limit so I don't want to screw this up. Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Pay ebay fees/shipping?

If your paypal is able to do it, I don't see why not.
I've been doing it for a while now.

There are some accounts that can't hold balance though
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

What do you mean?
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

That's a pretty misleading comment since no USA accounts are able to spend their balances anymore without SSN verification.

@dav - I've always done postage outside of eBay (stamps.com) so I can't answer that part of your question, but I can say for certain you will not be able to pay your eBay fees with your Paypal balance. But if you have a bank account linked to Paypal for withdrawals, Paypal will automatically pull the payment from your bank account when you go to pay. And that's been working fine for us on all the accounts we sell on for several months now. So just make sure you're leaving enough money in the bank account linked to your Paypal to cover your eBay fees and you'll be golden.
Old 07-23-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

There are Ebay hold and there are Paypal hold.
If this is an Ebay hold,Ebay will release $$ for shipping,cant recall how much but so much for domestic and more for overseas .
call and ask if it were Ebay,call anyway
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

So I can't pay my ebay fees directly from my paypal balance???
Old 07-23-2019

I think if you are suspended by Ebay,Ebay will be able to get its fee from your Paypal account.
But you cant use your Paypal balance to pay Ebay fee.
if you cant use PAYPAL to pay for shipping and Ebay wont release $$,then you would have to go to USPS.com and use a credit card.
Or go to a physical post office and ship your item,pay cash,come back and upload your tracking to your order
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3192m View Post
So I can't pay my ebay fees directly from my paypal balance???
No, not anymore.

But like I said - it's no problem paying with the bank account attached to your Paypal. You have to attach a bank account to your Paypal anyway since you have to withdraw and you can't spend any $ in your Paypal. When you go to pay your fees it's still processed by Paypal, except it defaults to your bank account as the funding source because your Paypal balance isn't available to be spent.
Old 07-23-2019

It sounds like he just sold a high ticket item on Ebay and Ebay/Paypal is withholding that payment up to 21 days.
He cannot use the sales proceed in his PAYPAL account to pay for shipping this item and he did not link a bank account,he wants to link a card which may not be accepted by Paypal.
Either he does not have a bank account or cannot link that bank account or have no fund in that bank account.
Ebay will release a small sum for shipping,like $13 for domestic and $35 for overseas,all he has t o do is to call Ebay.
Or he just have to cough up some cash and go to the postoffice,ship with tracking and then upload tracking to his order.
As for paying his Ebay fee,when he links his bank account ,he can transfer his Paypal balance (after 21 days or less) to his bank account,then use Paypal to pay his fee.

Last edited by agent006140; 07-23-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
It sounds like he just sold a high ticket item on Ebay and Ebay/Paypal is withholding that payment up to 21 days.
He cannot use the sales proceed in his PAYPAL account to pay for shipping this item and he did not link a bank account,he wants to link a card which may not be accepted by Paypal.
Either he does not have a bank account or cannot link that bank account or have no fund in that bank account.
Ebay will release a small sum for shipping,like $13 for domestic and $35 for overseas,all he has t o do is to call Ebay.
Or he just have to cough up some cash and go to the postoffice,ship with tracking and then upload tracking to his order.
As for paying his Ebay fee,when he links his bank account ,he can transfer his Paypal balance (after 21 days or less) to his bank account,then use Paypal to pay his fee.
Trust me, Its nowhere near high dollar figure. I have a card and virtual bank account linked. So once the funds are released I can't use the paypal funds to pay ebay fees, future shipping fees, or just leave the money on paypal to make future purchases instead of withdrawing to a bank?
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3192m View Post
Trust me, Its nowhere near high dollar figure. I have a card and virtual bank account linked. So once the funds are released I can't use the paypal funds to pay ebay fees, future shipping fees, or just leave the money on paypal to make future purchases instead of withdrawing to a bank?

No, not anymore. You'll need to make those purchases outside of Paypal.