Online Payment Gateway - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 07-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Exclamation Online Payment Gateway

Hi guys off topic,

What is the best online payment gateway for reselling shoes? This is not dropshipping.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Online Payment Gateway

Authorize.net in my opinion.. but they're the only true internet payment gateway I've worked with.

Once your application is approved it's smooth sailing unless you have a high chargeback rate. They cost $25/month if I'm remembering correctly.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
CapitalSneakerStore (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Authorize.net in my opinion.. but they're the only true internet payment gateway I've worked with.

Once your application is approved it's smooth sailing unless you have a high chargeback rate. They cost $25/month if I'm remembering correctly.
Is possbile they will froze my account? My minimum sell is $400 per shoes. Maximum $2000 CAD every month
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalSneakerStore View Post
Is possbile they will froze my account? My minimum sell is $400 per shoes. Maximum $2000 CAD every month
It's always a possibility but the chances would be lower than if you were using Paypal since you have to submit documentation during the application process describing the origin of your products and your business. It's not like Paypal where they only ask for documentation if they feel you're high risk. You have to provide that type of documentation up front during the application.

If your chargeback rate gets high when using Auth.net they will close your account and put you on the merchant account blacklist. They may "freeze" whatever payout balance you have if that happens, but the amount frozen probably wouldn't be much since payouts are sent to your bank account daily.

Auth.net is a lot less forgiving than Paypal when it comes to chargebacks but if you aren't defrauding your customers, that shouldn't be an issue for you unless you just deal with lots of scumbag buyers who start chargebacks trying to scam you.
aboelyoos (11-10-2019)
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's always a possibility but the chances would be lower than if you were using Paypal since you have to submit documentation during the application process describing the origin of your products and your business. It's not like Paypal where they only ask for documentation if they feel you're high risk. You have to provide that type of documentation up front during the application.

If your chargeback rate gets high when using Auth.net they will close your account and put you on the merchant account blacklist. They may "freeze" whatever payout balance you have if that happens, but the amount frozen probably wouldn't be much since payouts are sent to your bank account daily.

Auth.net is a lot less forgiving than Paypal when it comes to chargebacks but if you aren't defrauding your customers, that shouldn't be an issue for you unless you just deal with lots of scumbag buyers who start chargebacks trying to scam you.
Same with Stripe?
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

I've never used stripe so I don't know.
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I've never used stripe so I don't know.
You don't have problem with Auth.net? How much is your monthly volume?
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You don't have problem with Auth.net? How much is your volume?
They've always been fine for what we use them for. I've never been asked for anything from them, they've never closed or frozen my account, and I've only had a single chargeback in the whole time I've used them.

We had auth.net linked to our eBay account for about 2.5yrs before eBay got rid of merchant accounts earlier this year, so I'm fairly experienced with them. I still have my auth.net account open but we only use it 3 or 4 times a month now for wholesale customers with orders usually in the $1k(USD) range. It never did as well on eBay as Paypal but we would take in about $1500/month usually over ~100 orders with Auth.net on eBay. After factoring in orders outside of eBay we would process about $5k per month when our merchant account was still being used on eBay.

Since you submit all of your documentation before you accept any payments, I don't think you would have problems with document requests or stalled payouts unless your chargeback rate gets high. Chargeback % is pretty much the only account health/risk indicator they use.
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
They've always been fine for what we use them for. I've never been asked for anything from them, they've never closed or frozen my account, and I've only had a single chargeback in the whole time I've used them.

We had auth.net linked to our eBay account for about 2.5yrs before eBay got rid of merchant accounts earlier this year, so I'm fairly experienced with them. I still have my auth.net account open but we only use it 3 or 4 times a month now for wholesale customers with orders usually in the $1k(USD) range. It never did as well on eBay as Paypal but we would take in about $1500/month usually over ~100 orders with Auth.net on eBay. After factoring in orders outside of eBay we would process about $5k per month when our merchant account was still being used on eBay.

Since you submit all of your documentation before you accept any payments, I don't think you would have problems with document requests or stalled payouts unless your chargeback rate gets high. Chargeback % is pretty much the only account health/risk indicator they use.
For the last question what is Chargeback?
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
For the last question what is Chargeback?
Honestly man if you've never heard of a chargeback you aren't in the best position to start accepting direct credit card payments.

I recommend you Google it and familiarize yourself with what they are and how they work before you try to apply for a merchant account. There's too much detail for me to explain everything to you here, but in simple terms a chargeback is when a customer has their payment reversed by their financial institution. Either because they didn't authorize the original payment, they want to return an item and you haven't been responsive, they feel you ripped them off with deceptive sales tactics, or a number of other reasons.

With Paypal, they fight the chargeback for you (and charge a $20 fee) so you never have to communicate directly with any of your buyers' financial institutions. With auth.net or any other merchant account, you fight chargebacks directly by submitting your supporting documentation directly to the buyer's bank/credit card company.
Old 07-23-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

With Paypal, they fight the chargeback for you (and charge a $20 fee) so you never have to communicate directly with any of your buyers' financial institutions. With auth.net or any other merchant account, you fight chargebacks directly by submitting your supporting documentation directly to the buyer's bank/credit card company.

Paypal no longer fight for you,Paypal bot just ask you to submit your side of the story,then forward to his cc issuer and if you lose,you pay $20 chargeback fee.
If you are selling $400 shoes,be prepared for scams.
If you eat too many chargebacks,any payment processor could place a reserve or rolling reserve on your account,the worst is they wil close your account and refuse to do business with you .
They all share a database with your account history so the next processor would know your past history

Quote:
Please just get out of this thread, agent. I think OP already got the answers they were looking for. As usual your posts are filled with false information. Paypal does fight chargebacks for sellers. It's in their best interest to win as many chargebacks as possible. There are no chargeback fighting robots on Paypal's staff and that task will never be relegated to PHP scripts or whatever you define as "bots". Every single chargeback is manually reviewed (and appealed, if that's what you choose) by a Paypal rep and you're charged a $20 chargeback resolution fee whether you lose or win to compensate PP for the time they spent fighting your chargeback.
I have been using Paypal longer than any one of you and I know many eBAY sellers who have been with Ebay and Paypal ,they have lost chargebacks because Paypal just asked them to submit documents and pass on to the cc issuer,thats a fact,I am not making them up,I know from both sides of the fence.
I also know how AMEX handles chargebacks,they told me so.
You may have cases which you won,but there are many cases where the sellers just lost,so dont just say I dont know what I am talking about.
It is in Paypal best interest not to fight every chargeback,as if you lose,they will make you pay $20,resources are not limitless,why do you think it is so hard to talk to a human on the phone ?
THERE are a lot more chargebacks than Paypal can allocate resources to deal with,some are just abuses,besides Paypal does not get to decide ,it is the cc issuer,what should Paypal say?
seller has no tracking or signature confirmation but we love this seller,so please side with us?
Seller always pack carefully so it cant be broken?
Paypal is like Ebay,i has not seen the item,it can only go with facts,if INAD,shows tracking,if $750,show signature confirmation,if INR,get the money back from your insurer,if no insurance,tough luck.
If UA,show you have printed a shipping label,now in some cases,Paypal would add more to the case by showing how the buyer comes online that it is not UA.
Other than that,what can Paypal add?that your diamond tiara is from Queen Elizabthe II and no dime store special?
You Canon camera works perfectly and no way it can be damaged as it has watched you packed and shipped?
dont be so naive.

Bu then,it is in Paypal interest to win as many chargeback as it can,but it ha no ammunition but your documents plus whatever it can add,it cant add your tracking if you have no t racking,it cant put the broken pieces back together>
But the way the merchant account works, the more chargebacks you eat,the higher the fee,which could lead to reserve or rolling reserve or suspension.
But Paypal is huge,who does not want to do business with Paypal.?
In the early days,the merchant providers of Paypal were abhorred by the volume of chargebacks,reversals from Paypal and raised its fee,paypal did switch t o another provider.
I never say Paypal bot review the case,I mean Paypal bot will send you an email asking you to upload paperwork which they can pass on to the cc issuer.

my apology-
$750 signature confirmation is for ebay and Paypal,as far as AMEX is concerned,it is not needed to prove delivery

Last edited by TGMT²; 07-08-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Please just get out of this thread, agent. I think OP already got the answers they were looking for. As usual your posts are filled with false information. Paypal does fight chargebacks for sellers. It's in their best interest to win as many chargebacks as possible. There are no chargeback fighting robots on Paypal's staff and that task will never be relegated to PHP scripts or whatever you define as "bots". Every single chargeback is manually reviewed (and appealed, if that's what you choose) by a Paypal rep and you're charged a $20 chargeback resolution fee whether you lose or win to compensate PP for the time they spent fighting your chargeback.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 07-23-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I have been using Stripe for high dollar transactions. No problem at all. We really like Stripe. Smooth, fast, user friendly. People paying love it.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I have been using Stripe for high dollar transactions. No problem at all. We really like Stripe. Smooth, fast, user friendly. People paying love it.
Wow thanks for sharing. There no problem for you?
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Wow thanks for sharing. There no problem for you?
Zero. Made a Stripe account on Saturday Morning with a Business EIN. Instantly billed out $2200, $1800, $1000, $1000 They hold the first payment 7 days. After the 7 days you get daily distributions.

On another Personal Stripe, we ran $11,000 through it over two months and another business Stripe, $18,000

We like them and our clients do too.
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Zero. Made a Stripe account on Saturday Morning with a Business EIN. Instantly billed out $2200, $1800, $1000, $1000 They hold the first payment 7 days. After the 7 days you get daily distributions.

On another Personal Stripe, we ran $11,000 through it over two months and another business Stripe, $18,000

We like them and our clients do too.
How about if no Business EIN?
Old 07-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
How about if no Business EIN?
In USA, we have to give the last four of a SS number then. On EIN, last four and a EIN on corporations or LLC.
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
In USA, we have to give the last four of a SS number then. On EIN, last four and a EIN on corporations or LLC.
Here at canada no i register they don't ask but I'm scared start receiving money haha
Old 07-23-2019

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Same with Stripe?
Stripe is good to me like must be ,I use it with Shopify from years and they just pay in time ,
no anoids so far ,rather than another payment gate I don't say that begin with h and finish with ipay which I am very dissatisfied

Last edited by Pedroalva; 07-23-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroalva View Post
Stripe is good to me like must be ,I use it with Shopify from years and they just pay in time ,
no anoids so far ,rather than another payment gate I don't say that begin with h and finish with ipay which I am very dissatisfied
You put your Tax ID?
Old 07-24-2019

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 30%

Quote:
You put your Tax ID?
When I joined at stripe from Italy years ago they did not ask for
now despit it is quite a while that every time I log in there is a message that say I have to add it in but not done yet no action has taken so far,
don't know if you register now if would be mandatory