EIN Address + Registered Agent Info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-26-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Exclamation EIN Address + Registered Agent Info

Hey guys, so I've tried scanning the forums assiduously as much as I could on this before posting and have put off doing it for 2 weeks now.

Scenario: I want to register an EIN to set up an LLC in a state that is tax beneficial (e.g. Delaware) using a registered agent that will forward mail to me, while living in another state and doing business in a 3rd state.

Question(s):

1. When filling out the EIN application it asks the following:

Please select the state/territory where the business is physically located.
Do I put the state of the registered agent, my actual home state (of my real address) or the state I will be selling from?

2. It asks, "Where is the LLC Physically located"

Do I put the state of the registered agent, my actual home state (of my real address) or the state I will be selling from? And do I put their phone number, my real phone number or my Google Voice/Stealth phone number?

3. This one needs a screenshot..🤦*♂️

• a - In the above - again - do I put the County and State territory of the registered agent, or my address or the state im selling from.
  • b - What do I put for State where articles of organization are filed?
  • c -What do I put as the LLC start date, is there any pros or cons for putting it sooner or later, e.g. the day after Tax filing deadlines or something?

I would SERIOUSLY be grateful for and appreciative of any help and advice you could offer!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: EIN Address + Registered Agent Info

The state of incorporation will be the state where the LLC is domiciled- it does not matter where you are physically located.

I spend nearly 100% of my time outside the state where my LLC's are. The start date is typically when you officially filed.

Just be sure the name on your corp matches exactly on the EIN application with the IRS, as a mismatch could cause you issues later on.
Old 07-26-2019

Longevity: 28%

Some registered agents allow you to use their address as your place of business and some don't. That said, if a registered agent does allow your company address to match his, one has to wonder just how many LLC's operate at the same address? Horrible if it'll be or has been abused and will cause linking. Same address and/or phone number links everytime...and so many choose Delaware for obvious reasons, so be careful
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steveo036940 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (07-27-2019), nickopedia (07-26-2019)
Old 07-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
Some registered agents allow you to use their address as your place of business and some don't. That said, if a registered agent does allow your company address to match his, one has to wonder just how many LLC's operate at the same address? Horrible if it'll be or has been abused and will cause linking. Same address and/or phone number links everytime...and so many choose Delaware for obvious reasons, so be careful
The addresses you use for the entity can of course differ what you give to eBay or PayPal. Just so as long as you don't use the same address repeatedly, such as for the same Registered Agent. This is one reason I choose to use a re-mailing/postal service as the "official" address on my LLC's instead of some RA who might have hundreds or even thousands of entities on record with the Secretary of State's office.