Paypal Small Claims Court - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-29-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Re: Paypal Small Claims Court

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPS2016 View Post
I am currently in the middle of small claims court action on a non stealth account. Paypal are holding 1.5K of my money.
I have successfully taken paypal to court twice previously and it's VERY satisfying.

If anyone needs any assistance or is thinking of doing the same. Feel free to post in the thread beolw

Are you trying to say paypal didnt settle with you for a lousy $1500 and actually took it to court knowing they would lose??? their lawyers would never in a million years do that. How much were your lawyer fees and court costs had you lost?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-29-2018

Longevity: 31%

That isn't an answer to my question at all and is just another strawman argument. Negative balances are unavoidable given the unpredictably of chargebacks. Everybody knows that.

I do not want replies from PayPal employees trying to defend their company or PayPal sympathizers.

Positive and helpful advice for me to use against PayPal only please.
The Following User Says Thank You to Venganza For This Useful Post:
NorthPoleWarehouse (10-03-2019)
Old 11-29-2018

Also, I am handling the client seperatly through a friend of mine that runs a collections agency and plan to write the client off as bad debt in the business taxes so I can get the money back that way if the collections fail to collect. I'm just trying to turn a negative into a positive as much as I can - Trying to milk it for all it's worth.
Old 11-29-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Whenever the law is involved, I'd always get an attorney at least for consultation for this type of things.

Have you thought about maybe just consulting for free with one?
Old 01-04-2019

Longevity: 30%

I need help to drag PayPal in small claim court. I sent a package to the buyer and there was an unauthorized case opened in PayPal. The package was delivered to buy after 4 days with signature. I sent it by USPS. Paypal reversed this payment saying I sent the email not to send the package. How can I keep checking my email? Moreover, they told there was no signature confirmation. I sent all the signature proof as well as a shipping label to service@paypal.com, chargeback@paypal.com; complaint-response@paypal.com but still they are denying saying the same thing. It is a high-value item of $1499.99. How to file a case against them in small claim court.
Old 06-17-2019

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
I am currently in the middle of small claims court action on a non stealth account. Paypal are holding 1.5K of my money.
I have successfully taken paypal to court twice previously and it's VERY satisfying.

If anyone needs any assistance or is thinking of doing the same. Feel free to post in the thread beolw

Help me I'm having the same problem PayPal cant release my funds cause of their system security check
Old 06-17-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurodh04 View Post
I need help to drag PayPal in small claim court. I sent a package to the buyer and there was an unauthorized case opened in PayPal. The package was delivered to buy after 4 days with signature. I sent it by USPS. Paypal reversed this payment saying I sent the email not to send the package. How can I keep checking my email? Moreover, they told there was no signature confirmation. I sent all the signature proof as well as a shipping label to service@paypal.com, chargeback@paypal.com; complaint-response@paypal.com but still they are denying saying the same thing. It is a high-value item of $1499.99. How to file a case against them in small claim court.
Take the scammer to court...... not PayPal.
Old 06-17-2019

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Contact paypal on Facebook.

I had a complex case that needed dealing with, customer services / business support were useless but messaging them on Facebook via direct messaging got my case looked at by somebody with common sense and it was finally resolved in my favour.
Old 06-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Always make reasonable attempts to amicably resolve your issue with PayPal first, and carefully document those contacts.

I can tell you based on prior experience dealing with legal matters, this will definitely be brought up if you go to court. The judge may even dismiss your case completely if you can't demonstrate you tried to resolve the dispute first.
Old 06-17-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Another thing you can do is find a class action suit and join them if you qualify.

This group usually pops up here and there
Old 07-29-2019

Update: Thanks so much for your advice SaiJin. I did just as you asked and can successfully say after all these months later...It was a success!
The Following User Says Thank You to Venganza For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
-------------
did Paypal really send you email not to send the package?
Review Paypal seller protection for UA,
you are protected if you have shipped to his address,not necessarily delivered,for Unauthorised transaction.
If you have used PAYPAL to print the shipping label,it should be part of your proof,you dont have to prove it has been signed for or delivered.
Go review the UA protection now.
Did you ship to the address in the Paypal email -you get cash?

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/u...ler-protection

what is the reason for restricting your account?
has the iphone been delivered?
It could be they check tracking the second time and still not delivered??

3) Go to my local small claims court and file the paperwork for damages. From what I understand, if they don't show up, I win by default.
----------------------
are you in CA?

what does your tracking show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman350 View Post
Paypal will be no more soon on ebay.
buyer can still use Paypal via MP.
What if buyer files dispute with Paypal,then MP would have to step in and get involved?
what if buyer uses a credit card via Paypal and then file chargeback with his cc issuer?then Paypal and MP will both be involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggaDonuts View Post
You weren't able to withdraw the money after 6 months or what? $1,500 doesn't seem like enough to go to court over but maybe thats just me.
OP is in UK,may be their small claims court is different.
In US,there are fees involved,spent half a day in a room 4 by 6 with the mediator and the other party with just a fan!
if no satisfactory result reached,then you go to the judge and he will hear your case.
if you win the case,the court is not going to collect that $$ for you,you have to do it yourself

so it is still in transit.
There is a limit on how many days Paypal/Ebay give us when tracking shows in transit.
Ebay will extend the date if intransit shows progress,meaning it is moving along !
You should ask your post office to track it for you.
In USA,our post office does talk to post office of other countries,you should ask if your post office can do same

if your account is in good standing,when you lose a case,you can appeal,but Paypal has closed your account,so it could be your account is no good,along with the tracking not showing it has been delivered.
someone may shed more light on it

0XP24577AU2765217-
is that from Czech to Greece?
Is your Paypal account a Czech account,
What address did you give Paypal?a Czech addess?
who is the shipper?
Sometimes Paypal robot cannot find the tracking number by going to the website,say your country post office or the shipping company you gave them

0XP24577AU2765217 cannot be tracked ,who is the shipper?

Paypal is telling you that you can appeal by going into your account,and fine the appeal button.
you can also go to paypal seller forum and ask,Paypal reps visit there.
You shipped on 3/26 and 3/30 it is in transit,so it should arrive sometime in April..

Last edited by TGMT²; 04-01-2020 at 05:06 AM. Reason: double posting merge
Old 07-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Please add the disclaimer "Warning paypal link" or something when you post links to these sits.
Old 07-29-2019

FYI: From what I've experienced and heard around the grapevine, PayPal usually does settle. Or at least they did with me anyways after the demand letter process that the attorney I consulted with guided me through.

Just adding in my own 2 cents there to the kettle. Carry on folks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venganza For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (07-30-2019), NorthPoleWarehouse (10-03-2019)
Old 08-12-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:

Please PM me, I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
Old 08-12-2019

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Contact paypal on Facebook.

I had a complex case that needed dealing with, customer services / business support were useless but messaging them on Facebook via direct messaging got my case looked at by somebody with common sense and it was finally resolved in my favour.
True.
Usually get in touch with paypal through facebook or twitter helps a lot!
Old 09-03-2019

I am posting this reply to respond to byronius maximus's pm to me since the website won't let me reply back through pm.

Great question! Forgive me for not responding sooner - Just came back from a last-minute vacation. As to your question, that depends on what you've done yet. If you've only threatened to sue them over the phone for example, then of course they're gonna try to bluff you the way you described. It's only when you show you're serious and willing to fight to the bitter end is when they start to sweat and buckle.

After my initial BBB complaint against them over my own issue failed (BBB really is just paid protection for the public image of them and other crony capitalistic companies but that's another story) I had acted on my final words to them of taking the issue to court.

They had initially ignored those words until I just asked around and researched local consumer attorneys around my area. Upon finding a highly recommended one that offered free consulting, I took my case to him along with my documentation on my interactions with PayPal surrounding the issue. Afterwards, he was more than happy to help me type up what's called a legal "demand letter" basically giving PayPal the ultimatum to either seriously address my issue in 30 days or I'd be seeing them in court just as promised. And after it was finished, I had it officially sent from his office to PayPal's legal department.

And then just as predicted by the attorney I worked with (Like clockwork) PayPal had called me up only a few days after receiving the letter and caved.

I'd explain better but as I mentioned previously, I had just got back from vacation (Literally a few hours ago) and I'm the walking dead right now lol. But I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask me more but I can't guarantee how fast I'll be able to respond - Been awfully busy lately. Good luck though against those scumbags and God's speed my friend. There needs to be more brave souls rising up against PayPal's business-as-usual BS. I'll be rooting for ya!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Venganza For This Useful Post:
blacklisted_by_ebay (05-21-2020), byronius maximus (09-03-2019), camouflage (10-15-2019), nickopedia (09-03-2019), NorthPoleWarehouse (10-03-2019), prodigyace (05-04-2020)
Old 09-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venganza View Post
I am posting this reply to respond to byronius maximus's pm to me since the website won't let me reply back through pm.

Great question! Forgive me for not responding sooner - Just came back from a last-minute vacation. As to your question, that depends on what you've done yet. If you've only threatened to sue them over the phone for example, then of course they're gonna try to bluff you the way you described. It's only when you show you're serious and willing to fight to the bitter end is when they start to sweat and buckle.

After my initial BBB complaint against them over my own issue failed (BBB really is just paid protection for the public image of them and other crony capitalistic companies but that's another story) I had acted on my final words to them of taking the issue to court.

They had initially ignored those words until I just asked around and researched local consumer attorneys around my area. Upon finding a highly recommended one that offered free consulting, I took my case to him along with my documentation on my interactions with PayPal surrounding the issue. Afterwards, he was more than happy to help me type up what's called a legal "demand letter" basically giving PayPal the ultimatum to either seriously address my issue in 30 days or I'd be seeing them in court just as promised. And after it was finished, I had it officially sent from his office to PayPal's legal department.

And then just as predicted by the attorney I worked with (Like clockwork) PayPal had called me up only a few days after receiving the letter and caved.

I'd explain better but as I mentioned previously, I had just got back from vacation (Literally a few hours ago) and I'm the walking dead right now lol. But I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask me more but I can't guarantee how fast I'll be able to respond - Been awfully busy lately. Good luck though against those scumbags and God's speed my friend. There needs to be more brave souls rising up against PayPal's business-as-usual BS. I'll be rooting for ya!
Glad to see your case had a positive outcome. Great job!

As I mentioned before, in most courts a "Demand Letter" is a requirement before you can even file a lawsuit. PayPal knows this, and this is why they take things quite seriously when you send them that. They know there is a real possibility of a suit being filed once they receive such a notice.

That said, this doesn't mean you should fire up a Demand Letter every time you get angry, either. You are best to get a consultation from an attorney (just as you have done) first.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2019

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Afterwards, he was more than happy to help me type up what's called a legal "demand letter" basically giving PayPal the ultimatum to either seriously address my issue in 30 days or I'd be seeing them in court just as promised. And after it was finished, I had it officially sent from his office to PayPal's legal department.

Thanks. I haven't talked to a lawyer yet, but from what I can gather so far the process for my situation is:

1) Send (by Certified Mail) a Notice of Dispute to Paypal's Litigation Department in San Jose, Ca. **I did this today

2) If they refuse to release my funds within 30 days of receiving that, I'll begin the arbitration process by submitting a "demand for arbitration" to the American Arbitration Association (www.adr.org)...I believe it is required to try arbitration before filing suit. If they still won't release my funds:

3) Go to my local small claims court and file the paperwork for damages. From what I understand, if they don't show up, I win by default.
Old 10-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronius maximus View Post
Thanks. I haven't talked to a lawyer yet, but from what I can gather so far the process for my situation is:

1) Send (by Certified Mail) a Notice of Dispute to Paypal's Litigation Department in San Jose, Ca. **I did this today

2) If they refuse to release my funds within 30 days of receiving that, I'll begin the arbitration process by submitting a "demand for arbitration" to the American Arbitration Association (www.adr.org)...I believe it is required to try arbitration before filing suit. If they still won't release my funds:

Any updates on this situation bro?
Old 10-03-2019

Quote:

You are my hero for sharing this with us, this is exactly what I needed to hear. I'm in this same situation that byronius maximus is going through right now about damages and acceptable use. They stole my money before the 180 days were over.

I called a friend after I saw what PayPal did earlier this week and my friend told me the exact same thing to call local consumer attorneys in my area and get that demand letter written up and sent to PayPal and they'll usually in all cases cave in and give us the money back immediately.

I'm going to send you a PM and even though you can't respond to it just follow what I say on it.
Old 10-14-2019

Longevity: 36%
Red face Re: Paypal Small Claims Court

Quote:

Does it cost you a lot for the lawyer to write you a demand letter and send it to paypal?

If it does not cost anything or just a little bit, I think many people would definitely give them a shot.