This is hilarious........... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-05-2019

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 68%
Angry This is hilarious...........

So, Listed some alloy wheels and tyres (used) on ebay. Had it on there for 3 months no interest. Then I get a message from a potential buyer who wanted to view them first.

I told him that he must buy via ebay. He insisted he will view them first and then buy via ebay. I agreed. He came, he checked them, he didn't like them and he left without them.

6 days later I ended all 84 of my listings early at the same time as ebay had a new £1 FVF offer out (private account deals) and relisted everything under this offer including the wheels instantly.

Now I get a account restriction for "selling outside of ebay".

Explained to the absolute dead end job idiots the situation. But they are standing their ground and will not un-restrict my account. They say, talking via telephone outside of ebay is against their rules and thats the reasoning. I told them I understood that now, but no sales were outside of ebay and there was no plan to sell outside of ebay. Since the fee would of been £1 im hardly going to avoid it.

So, im restricted for 7 days from buying/selling and messaging anybody back. What kind of ridiculous business is this where you can't reply back to potential buyers?

On top of all this, they advised, any disputes opened within these 7 days will result in them automatically being granted in the buyers favour and they'll get a instant refund. Really? REALLY REALLY?

What a train wreck this company is turning into.

Last edited by J4G3D; 08-05-2019 at 09:20 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-05-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Re: This is hilarious...........

Why did you end 84 of your listings?
Nvm I just saw it.
How long is your restriction.
Old 08-05-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist View Post
Why did you end 84 of your listings?
Nvm I just saw it.
How long is your restriction.
7 days.

This is the second time they've restricted me for "selling outside ebay". The first time I actually did sell outside of ebay. But this time I hadn't planned to and most importantly I didn't. What will be next if i get in trouble for the exact same thing again?

I told these idiots, how can i control and force the buyer to hit the buy it now when he's insisting to view them first? They need to use some common sense and take into account the evidence in front of them before restricting people.
Old 08-05-2019

Longevity: 78%

Funny, because they allow phone numbers for car sales.... Because, you know, people actually want to see a car first before buying.

Also, from ebays 2018 fall seller update. I guess they changed their mind?

Quote:
Provide your customer support phone number to answer buyers' questions before the sale

Sometimes buyers have questions about items they would like to purchase on eBay. While buyers and sellers aren't allowed to share or request direct contact information prior to completing a sale for the purpose of making offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay, a new pilot program allows you to help buyers make purchase decisions. With the new pilot program, your customer service phone number will be visible to buyers on desktop before the sale. You can opt into the feature within "Manage communication with buyers" in your account settings.
Old 08-05-2019

Oh, and I had this happen to me before. Person left their phone number on a message. I didn't even reply. The listing ended after the 30 days, and I got restricted, because the listing ended, which means I must have sold it. Even tho it ended on it's own, weeks after the guy sent me the message... Unlike you tho, they allowed me back. So just call some more and get someone to release it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
J4G3D (08-06-2019), Lucynda (08-08-2019)
Old 08-06-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Oh, and I had this happen to me before. Person left their phone number on a message. I didn't even reply. The listing ended after the 30 days, and I got restricted, because the listing ended, which means I must have sold it. Even tho it ended on it's own, weeks after the guy sent me the message... Unlike you tho, they allowed me back. So just call some more and get someone to release it.
I spoke on live chat, got nowhere, so spoke on the phone, also got nowhere. They are insistent... if a buyer sends their number, thats the sellers fault. Its one hell of a flawed backwards business model. I do get why they do it, its obviously, but at the same time, common sense is required to establish who is selling outside of ebay and who isn't. In my case, my message telling the buyer that he must buy through ebay after viewing went on deaf ears. Dumb ass employees.
Old 08-06-2019

Usually I write them back, saying what you said. I THOUGHT that was supposed to help. Gets not.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
J4G3D (08-07-2019)
Old 08-07-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Usually I write them back, saying what you said. I THOUGHT that was supposed to help. Gets not.
You cannot write back since the contact was via live chat and on the phone, they were not budging.

I have just found a way to email them, so I've sent it all across in writing. Lets see if they can open their eyes and realize the truth. If not, screw them.
Old 08-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4G3D View Post
You cannot write back since the contact was via live chat and on the phone, they were not budging.

I have just found a way to email them, so I've sent it all across in writing. Lets see if they can open their eyes and realize the truth. If not, screw them.
I meant write back the customer.
Old 08-07-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

Op said he did sell the first time,so they decided that he must have sold the second time when the buyer came to his house.
what some sellers do is to urge the buyer to buy one item,so he can have his email address,send him an invoice for the rest or give him home address for him to drop by and look at the rest.
You can always refund him the first item if he does not want it.
Old 08-07-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Op said he did sell the first time,so they decided that he must have sold the second time when the buyer came to his house.
what some sellers do is to urge the buyer to buy one item,so he can have his email address,send him an invoice for the rest or give him home address for him to drop by and look at the rest.
No buddy,

I mean, when I first got told off by ebay for selling away from ebay, I really did sell away from ebay, but it wasn't for this item in question and it was 6 months ago.
Old 08-07-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I meant write back the customer.
Ahhh right, i got you.
Yeah, TBH I think this whole situation was flagged on their system because I ended the listing early a few days later (To relist it again). They sensed it was because I sold it away from ebay (because of the context of the messages)

That is when it got flagged.

As a top tip to others, if you sell away from ebay, leave the auction running, do not end it! also, put the price up to something ridiculous so that nobody buys it and let the auction finish on its own.

That way it will not get flagged.

Another top tip..

If a buyer wants to view, don't give them your number. Let them give you their number. But you must leave the auction running if you sell outside of ebay and have no plan for the buyer to buy through ebay. This was my mistake, by ending the listing!

Last edited by J4G3D; 08-07-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing. Ebay doesn't get to have every single future sale from that customer. They only deserve the first sale. I've been doing this forever and never an issue.

It's funny, paypal has made it even harder to see the email address on the transaction page.