One rule for some members, another rule for others. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-06-2019

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 68%
Thumbs down One rule for some members, another rule for others.

How is this ebay member getting away with this?

Private seller.

Selling lots of brand new items, pictures have his mobile number on it and the listing description has his full mobile number on it.

When I try to list items with my mobile number in the description, I get a big warning message telling me I must remove this number before proceeding. It physically won't proceed unless I remove this number.

Furthermore, when I recently had a issue with talking to customers via mobile phone supplied via messages (i got restricted for it). I told ebay on the phone about this member and how they seem to allow him to operate like this as he's been doing it for the last 2 months. She asked for his username and guess what? all his listings still remain in place.

So how do some members get away with it?

He's also selling VeRo items, and nothing ever gets done. I've listed the same VeRo item and I got reported within 12 hours of listing it. I've been watching this guy for 2 months + and all his auctions remain active. I don't get it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-07-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: One rule for some members, another rule for others.

It's all a matter of how good a seller is at handling their customer service + how much money the seller is making eBay. Basically, your problem : profit ratio. If you're causing eBay more problems than you're worth you get canned. If you're raking in thousands a day for eBay and taking care of any issues that arise with buyers, you can go for years but inevitably will go down some day.

EDIT : This is business and there most definitely are different standards for different sellers.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (08-07-2019), james_112233 (08-07-2019), justinloz (08-07-2019), nickopedia (08-07-2019), rsot (08-08-2019), yankee (08-18-2019)
Old 08-07-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

There are some mega sellers on Ebay,they pay like $10k store subscription a month to Ebay,is he one of them?
Old 08-07-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

As Phaz said above, there are different standards for different sellers. Just because one seller can get away with selling some item doesn't mean you can. That's not the way it works on eBay.

OP: Stop wasting your time paying attention to what other sellers are doing and focusing on your own business. Make money and follow the rules.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
agatangit (08-08-2019), agent006140 (08-07-2019), ebaystealth1974 (08-07-2019)
Old 08-08-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It's all a matter of how good a seller is at handling their customer service + how much money the seller is making eBay. Basically, your problem : profit ratio. If you're causing eBay more problems than you're worth you get canned. If you're raking in thousands a day for eBay and taking care of any issues that arise with buyers, you can go for years but inevitably will go down some day.

EDIT : This is business and there most definitely are different standards for different sellers.
This seller isn't as big as me, he has just 67 feedbacks and is a private seller. Besides, ebay does not care about any private sellers, regardless if they're making £$£$£$£$ or not. Its the business sellers making big money they want. This seller also charges for postage, another thing ebay hate.

So your idea does not work in this instance. He's a tiny private seller breaking rules.

Last edited by J4G3D; 08-08-2019 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-08-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
As Phaz said above, there are different standards for different sellers. Just because one seller can get away with selling some item doesn't mean you can. That's not the way it works on eBay.

OP: Stop wasting your time paying attention to what other sellers are doing and focusing on your own business. Make money and follow the rules.
As I said he has just 67 feedbacks.

I am watching him because he's selling some products that I am, and he keeps undercutting me. He's also listing products that I cannot list without VeRo removing them within 24 hours.

If you PM me and check him out, he's breaking many different rules.

I am not just watching him, I have been constantly reporting him for 2 months solid. I have reported him via the report button on his auctions, via live chat, on the phone AND to VeRo in question. Funny thing is, VeRo replied to me saying to not buy one of the products he's selling, yet all those auctions remained active. And still are.

I have a small business and website selling some of these products, and I pay taxes. This guy probably isn't paying taxes, he's also on facebook selling the products dirt cheap, literally on all selling platforms undercutting me.

Last edited by J4G3D; 08-08-2019 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-08-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

The eb platform isn't fair for sure - that's the life of business.

Work on trial and error + experimentation to see what works for you.

Or change your niche.

Either way, I'm just saying that with all the effort you have done in trying to bring that seller down...you should be spending that effort on getting ahead or out of the niche into another...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

How do you know he does not have permissions and passed all ebay vetting processes?

It seems to me that you are jealous. I would focus on what YOU are doing and stop trying to ruin someone elses business.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (08-18-2019)
Old 08-08-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Probably uploading pics via 3rd party app. Easiest way to get around that.
Old 08-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
How do you know he does not have permissions and passed all ebay vetting processes?

It seems to me that you are jealous. I would focus on what YOU are doing and stop trying to ruin someone elses business.
Sorry? you comment is confusing.

The rules apply to every private seller.

He is a private seller with 68 feedbacks.

He is allowed to list his number on the listings.

I am a private seller with 120+ feedbacks.

I am not allowed to list my number on listings.

This has nothing to do with how much he sells compared to me. In fact he sells less than me looking at completed listings. Its impossible to "pass vetting" if he's blatantly breaking rules.

Besides, I am highlighting the fact that .......

Using the report button on the listings = Doesn't work.
Reporting the listings via live chat = Doesn't work.
Reporting the listings verbally to the EB team that deal with violating listings = Doesn't work.
Old 08-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

OP, I understand how frustrating it is to see other sellers get away with things you can't. You are not alone. I get it. You are upset at the double-standards that exist, and are trying to fix a broken system.

Unfortunately there is little you can do about it.

My question for you is: What should your next step(s) be? In other words, what are you trying to get out of this?

Do you have plans on making money for yourself? That's how most of us here help make a living. It takes work and effort, and we try not let little annoyances like this get in the way of that.
Old 08-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
OP, I understand how frustrating it is to see other sellers get away with things you can't. You are not alone. I get it. You are upset at the double-standards that exist, and are trying to fix a broken system.

Unfortunately there is little you can do about it.

My question for you is: What should your next step(s) be? In other words, what are you trying to get out of this?

Do you have plans on making money for yourself? That's how most of us here help make a living. It takes work and effort, and we try not let little annoyances like this get in the way of that.
Ebay have a report facility for a reason. I did suspect it was a bogus report facility to 'keep sellers happy'. But it does not work in the slightest. I guess there is nothing to achieve from this.

I am just highlighting how broken the system is.
Old 08-18-2019

Longevity: 37%

There are some other factors here too, he may be using photos he tweaked that the system can't pick up. His watermarks or how he is listing information in the picture may not be triggering the system. He may have other accounts that are bigger and this one is linked too. He could be verified on the vero items with another account.

My advice is find all the sellers of that item and compare their pictures. See what the accounts and listings have in common that "break" the rules and what ones don't. Then try to mimic the ones that seem to be getting away with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pinion For This Useful Post:
yankee (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4G3D View Post
Sorry? you comment is confusing.

The rules apply to every private seller.

Its impossible to "pass vetting" if he's blatantly breaking rules.

Besides, I am highlighting the fact that .......

Using the report button on the listings = Doesn't work.
Reporting the listings via live chat = Doesn't work.
Reporting the listings verbally to the EB team that deal with violating listings = Doesn't work.
This just is not the case. It is quite possible he is approved. Sales volume is irrelevant. I am the exclusive seller in a couple brands on ebay. It does not matter how many feedback someone has, they can not sell my brands without getting taken down. I can open as many accounts as I desire and sell the item. Nobody plays by the same rules and you really have no idea what their situation is by feedback.
My whole point in this is, every situation is different. it is not the same rules for every person. Business is a lot like politics. You have to know what to say to who and it really is about about what and who you know.

Last edited by yankee; 08-18-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-18-2019

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
This just is not the case. It is quite possible he is approved. Sales volume is irrelevant. I am the exclusive seller in a couple brands on ebay. It does not matter how many feedback someone has, they can not sell my brands without getting taken down. I can open as many accounts as I desire and sell the item. Nobody plays by the same rules and you really have no idea what their situation is by feedback.
My whole point in this is, every situation is different. it is not the same rules for every person. Business is a lot like politics. You have to know what to say to who and it really is about about what and who you know.
ok, but how do you explain his phone number being on pictures? Are you saying, someone can be approved for something like that?

You're right tho. No one plays by the same rules. I got my account back, because " i knew someone", despite policy being strictly against it.

That is pretty much what OP is complaining about. Obviously nothing will come from it. But hey, if he wants to gripe, fine. No one else will care, except for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
yankee (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
There are some mega sellers on Ebay,they pay like $10k store subscription a month to Ebay,is he one of them?
$10K a month store subscription? No way, impossible.

$10K a month to ebay in fee’s...yes I can see that. He is definitely getting away with lots of stuff if taking care of business.
Old 08-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Don't get too upset about anything coming from agent. His posts are usually misinformed, incorrect, misleading.. you name it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (08-18-2019), yankee (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Don't get too upset about anything coming from agent. His posts are usually misinformed, incorrect, misleading.. you name it.
Agent has been better lately, no?
Old 08-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4G3D View Post
In fact he sells less than me looking at completed listings.

Wait... so you're crying on here about a seller selling LESS than you?!
Old 08-18-2019

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Wait... so you're crying on here about a seller selling LESS than you?!
the point being made, was that he's a smaller seller, so using that as an argument for why he's allowed to do things, doesn't work. OP clearly is more diversified, or puts in more effort, so he sells more in general. That in no way takes away from his argument. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but dismissing him on that basis, IS wrong
Old 08-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
but dismissing him on that basis, IS wrong

That's YOUR opinion.

IMO, worrying about other sellers when you can be spending more time on YOUR OWN business practices.... is wrong!

I barely have enough time to run my own stuff, much less worry about someone elses.
Old 08-18-2019

But whatever... someone wanting to put their phone number in a listing is just asking for trouble, anyway.