Can't add bank to PayPal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-13-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Can't add bank to PayPal

I was reviving an old eBay account that hasn't been used in a couple of years. I slowly built it back and made a couple of sales. Upon attempting to transfer some $, I realized that there was no longer a bank account on the Paypal account at all. Strange, because it should have had an account linked. I tried to add the (PNFP) account back, but it just said "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later".
I tried a few times over the next week, but it never worked. I opened a fresh new (PNFP) account, but I got the same thing. I opened another new (PNC) account and it's still doing the same thing. "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." Anyone dealt with this before?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Can't add bank to PayPal

Does this account have a real phone # attached?
What type of IP address are you using?
Old 08-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Yes it does. Tethering from my phone, as always
Old 08-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I recall a post from someone on this forum that suggested adding a new VCC might help with the adding a bank error. I have no confirmed this myself, however.
Old 08-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

This happened to me about a year ago and I wound up giving up. I was trying to add a checking account from a CU that I use for several stealth accounts (so I know the CU account wasn't the problem). The stealth account I was trying to add it to was over 2 years old and had never had a bank account attached.

I never went as far as calling in (which worked for me in another scenario) but after attempting several times to add the bank account online, I gave up and considered the bank account burned.

My educated guess would be that they purposely make it very hard to add bank accounts to aged Paypals because they know their micro deposit verification method is flawed, and adding a new bank account would be one of the first things a would-be hacker would do if they're trying to steal all of the money out of a PP they hacked.

Do you have experience calling in and having the automated phone system add your bank account for you? I got that method to work for me one time when I was having a hard time adding a bank. Probably worth a shot in your case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
mediainspiron (08-13-2019), nickopedia (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%

you cannot add the same account to more than one Paypal account,you cannot add the bank account linked to a Paypal account which is closed.
if you want to use that bank account,you have to remove it first before you close your Paypal account.
if Paypal keeps having problem with that bank account,like NSF or not being able to access it,it will disable that bank account,no need to keep trying and trying.
Paypal is not a bank,it is Paypal's bank where your Paypal fund is kept,tries to access your bank account.
If you go to Paypal forum,there are folks who said they cannot add their bank account because their Paypal name does not match bank account holder name,the names have to match exactly,johnnie is not John,Molly is not Maureen.
Only on this forum,some believe name does not matter?
Old 08-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Add a VCC to the account and make sure you keep the number on it working and active. Log in to the account periodically and click around throughout pp. Attempt to add the bank every now and then.

Usually in 1-2 months this error will go away and they will let you add a bank, but they will still have a security prompt where they want to confirm your identity. Typically emailing you a code, texting you a code, or confirming your VCC number. Usually a combination of these things is needed to satisfy them.

This error is annoying and time consuming, but from my experience it does eventually go away. My guess is logging on for the first time in a long time with limited activity is what is triggering it.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (08-13-2019)
Old 08-15-2019
Threadstarter  

This is not my first rodeo and most of what you mentioned does not apply at all. I know that name doesn't matter at all for PNFP, PNC, HSBC, BB&T, USAA and Suntrust, as these are the banks that I use with no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
you cannot add the same account to more than one Paypal account,you cannot add the bank account linked to a Paypal account which is closed.
if you want to use that bank account,you have to remove it first before you close your Paypal account.
if Paypal keeps having problem with that bank account,like NSF or not being able to access it,it will disable that bank account,no need to keep trying and trying.
Paypal is not a bank,it is Paypal's bank where your Paypal fund is kept,tries to access your bank account.
If you go to Paypal forum,there are folks who said they cannot add their bank account because their Paypal name does not match bank account holder name,the names have to match exactly,johnnie is not John,Molly is not Maureen.
Only on this forum,some believe name does not matter?
Old 08-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all input. I'm going to try to connect my new bank account my signing in online, once they get me my online banking info. I'll keep this thread up to date.