eBay is removing prohibited items much more quickly now. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-12-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: eBay is removing prohibited items much more quickly now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
it is not they dont care,but they just cant stop them from listing.
you know free listing,100 ,200 if not enough,just ask !
I tracked it for 3 months. I reported 100 listings. Blatantly ⊗⊗⊗⊗ high end products. I rechecked every month and reported the listing again. 3 months later, not a single one removed. My account is a big account too, so it's not like I was just some schlub off the street.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 34%

The eBay report function does nothing as far as I could ever tell. Even reporting with multiple accounts, I never got anyone removed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leader2dark For This Useful Post:
james13v (08-12-2019), nickopedia (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

as much as I understand about the counterfeit stuff, you both seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

Just be careful you don't report the wrong person
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
dpestish (08-19-2019), nickopedia (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
as much as I understand about the counterfeit stuff, you both seem to have a lot of time on your hands.

Just be careful you don't report the wrong person
yeah, because they will know it was me out of the millions of other ebay users LOL.....

And this is my business. It's my industry. I spend hours on ebay every day searching and BUYING inventory. I'm sorry if taking time to report the counterfeits that comprise half my search results, bothers you so much. It doesn't take much time, and is done while I'm conducting my business, which is searching on ebay.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks
Old 08-12-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Those who always think they are right may harm innocent people thus I mentioned :"Becareful youdon't report the wrong person" meaning innocent people.
This comes to show your way of thinking is :"I don't mind hurting people because I can get away with it".

methinks

=)

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-12-2019 at 04:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Valhalla1 (10-06-2020)
Old 08-12-2019

eh, lol sure sounded like you meant don't report the "wrong" person, as in the one that I'll pay the price for. Trust me, I don't report innocent people. Ever. I am 100% sure every single time. The amount of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ I MISS, is staggering. If I label something ⊗⊗⊗⊗, I KNOW it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I can't always tell when a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is ⊗⊗⊗⊗, such as the example I just got in the mail. $400. It looks sooo real. A layman would have been fooled by this for years. I'm both impressed, and very scared, that they have gotten this good. I never understood why they always make little mistakes. Almost like it's on purpose. Why can't they ever truly duplicate something?
Old 08-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

There are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (phony) items that are just as good as the original.
For example there are some types of high end timepieces that are so good, not only are jewelers fooled, but even the authorized resellers. There is one category I deal in that has items indistinguishable from the original. That item does come from China and it's scary to think they have gotten that good.

Although I share your concern about ⊗⊗⊗⊗ in your supply chain, this is a worldwide problem. I'm also concerned by the number of counterfeits in the categories I sell in as it creates problems for legitimate sellers as a whole.

Unfortunately eBay receives tens of thousands of reports on items per day, and they can't possibly remove them all. It's just not possible as they don't have the manpower to do so. In matters where eBay has been given legal notice (such as Notice of Infringement/Copyright) under their VeRO program, they are legally required to act. Not doing so would make them complicit of a far more serious activity if they didn't do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
WEI (08-14-2019)
Old 08-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
There are ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (phony) items that are just as good as the original.
For example there are some types of high end timepieces that are so good, not only are jewelers fooled, but even the authorized resellers. There is one category I deal in that has items indistinguishable from the original. That item does come from China and it's scary to think they have gotten that good.

Although I share your concern about ⊗⊗⊗⊗ in your supply chain, this is a worldwide problem. I'm also concerned by the number of counterfeits in the categories I sell in as it creates problems for legitimate sellers as a whole.

Unfortunately eBay receives tens of thousands of reports on items per day, and they can't possibly remove them all. It's just not possible as they don't have the manpower to do so. In matters where eBay has been given legal notice (such as Notice of Infringement/Copyright) under their VeRO program, they are legally required to act. Not doing so would make them complicit of a far more serious activity if they didn't do so.
that's actually what I'm talking about... Tag heuer, to be exact. This one seller has sold a ton of them, apparently. REAL Swiss movement... If you brought this to a watch maker, to get the battery changed, they wouldn't be able to tell you it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I'm an expert, and it took even me awhile to figure out. Little details here and there were off. The easy one, was removing the bezel. They didn't bother doing the standard click mechanism. Kept it old school like from the 70's and 80's with the click wire, rather than a flat click ring.

EBAY LINKS. Beware.

check this guy out.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAG-HEUER-L...YAAOSwkl9dTq3Y

It's scary real. Only if you're a dealer, that handles this specific model, often enough, would you be able to tell from the outside, or even if you open the case. As you said, even dealers can be fooled.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019
Threadstarter  

The guy does not seem to be selling much stuff...

No point to argue over who anyone bothers to report. The report function on eBay does absolutely nothing. If an item is taken down, it has nothing to do with a normal user report.

Vero / Rightsholder reports are a different situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leader2dark For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (08-13-2019)
Old 08-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

The report button on eBay is more of a placebo than anything else. Just like crosswalk buttons at a light, the close door button on elevators, etc. You can "report" all you like, it's unlikely to result in anything being done. I speak from experience.
Old 08-13-2019

Longevity: 37%

The "close door" button always works for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
james13v (08-14-2019)
Old 08-13-2019

Quote:
The report button on eBay is more of a placebo than anything else. Just like crosswalk buttons at a light, the close door button on elevators, etc. You can "report" all you like, it's unlikely to result in anything being done. I speak from experience.
Umm. Cross walk buttons DO work. Some are placebos. Some traffic lights stay on almost continuously, until a button is pressed to make them aware that someone is crossing, especially intersections that have sensors to alert if there are cars waiting coming from the other direction. If there isn't, the light stays green, until a car is there, or the cross walk button is pressed. Elevator buttons, in many cases, are meant to be used by the person that has the KEY. They are not meant to be a placebo, just because people are ignorant of their function. There ARE situations of all those things, and even office thermostats, that are meant to be ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but they are the exception, and not the rule.

So does the report button work? You can't say it doesn't. We just don't know the parameters. How many different people have to report it before it's flagged? We don't know. I just don't think they are about individual reports. Someone told me before that they were part of some expert program, that ebay had, that gave their reports more credence, even if they are the only ones to report it. But hell if any of us actually know what the hell ebay does or doesn't do lol . This whole forum is just guessing and wishing and hoping. We could be all taking placebos
Old 08-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
The guy does not seem to be selling much stuff...

No point to argue over who anyone bothers to report. The report function on eBay does absolutely nothing. If an item is taken down, it has nothing to do with a normal user report.

Vero / Rightsholder reports are a different situation.
are you referring to my post? Because, he's selling $1000's worth of ⊗⊗⊗⊗. On this account alone. Who knows how many other accounts he has. He could be on this forum for all I know, buying dozens of accounts to sell his stuff. He could be you, for all we know

He's ripped off dozens of people out of $100's. And based on his feedback, no one is the wiser. He just got unlucky that he sold to an expert. Or a fool. Guess it's all relative...
Old 08-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
are you referring to my post? Because, he's selling $1000's worth of ⊗⊗⊗⊗. On this account alone. Who knows how many other accounts he has. He could be on this forum for all I know, buying dozens of accounts to sell his stuff. He could be you, for all we know

He's ripped off dozens of people out of $100's. And based on his feedback, no one is the wiser. He just got unlucky that he sold to an expert. Or a fool. Guess it's all relative...
This guy you linked is not selling 1000s WTF you talking about?

https://www.ebay.com/usr/fastbeat0?_...p2047675.l2559
Old 08-13-2019

Quote:

wtf YOU talking about. In his sold alone, he's made $7200. And that's just from the past 16 days!!! He has sold an average of $450 PER DAY. Looks like every 6 months, he goes at it, and then takes a break.
Old 08-13-2019

same with this guy. Pretty sure it's the same guy actually .
https://www.ebay.com/sch/watchcompan...p2047675.l2562

He has the same kind of watches.
Tag 1000
Tag Link, specifically the WJ series.
Tag Formula 1
aquaracer WAF series.
and Longines conquests.
and omega quartz

And this guy sells in the $10,000's....., if not $100k+ in just the past 2 months.

Last edited by james13v; 08-13-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2019

Quote:

So are we going to discuss "WTF I'm talking about", after you tried calling me out?
By the way.
I found yet another seller, selling the same few types of watches. Another by the way. YOu have to press "worldwide" under item location. So this is a straight up international conspiracy now. Croatia. UK, and now germany.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tradenvint/...c&LH_PrefLoc=2

Last edited by james13v; 08-14-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

It all comes down to the ability to spot these foo-foo items based on a photo, or some clue(s) in the listing. It takes someone intimately familiar with those items to make that determination.

As mentioned above regarding the timepieces, there are some really REALLY high end stuff out there that fools even industry insiders who handle them every day. I don't sell watches, but quite familiar with some other classes of collectibles such as Numismatics (coins) and Philately (stamps). In this field, there are some items that are literally 1:1 copies of the original; they can fool the experts at the certification houses. That's how far things have gotten now, and are getting even better with the rapid advancement in precision metallurgy, electroplating, and printing.

eBay is just not allowing the most common items they believe to be the most counterfeited by just anyone. Hence, there is a list if such items they will remove no matter if they are truly authentic. Since eBay can't tell the difference either, they err on the side of caution and just remove them anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
james13v (08-14-2019), mediainspiron (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019

Quote:
It all comes down to the ability to spot these foo-foo items based on a photo, or some clue(s) in the listing. It takes someone intimately familiar with those items to make that determination.

As mentioned above regarding the timepieces, there are some really REALLY high end stuff out there that fools even industry insiders who handle them every day. I don't sell watches, but quite familiar with some other classes of collectibles such as Numismatics (coins) and Philately (stamps). In this field, there are some items that are literally 1:1 copies of the original; they can fool the experts at the certification houses. That's how far things have gotten now, and are getting even better with the rapid advancement in precision metallurgy, electroplating, and printing.

eBay is just not allowing the most common items they believe to be the most counterfeited by just anyone. Hence, there is a list if such items they will remove no matter if they are truly authentic. Since eBay can't tell the difference either, they err on the side of caution and just remove them anyway.
I'm speaking to an ebay exec. I'm hoping he can do something about this. lol I'm still really hoping I can be considered an expert at some point. Say what you will, but ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ruin our industries. They taint the market. They scare people from buying on ebay. I constantly have people asking me if something is real. even tho my title, my description, and my disclaimer, say my stuff is real. and I've been selling for years. I used to tell them " check my feedback. Not a trace of suspicion." But now? I don't know. These guys have better feedback scores than I do... So clearly it means nothing anymore.

I don't blame them tho. They have good reason to suspect something on ebay is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
Old 08-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm speaking to an ebay exec. I'm hoping he can do something about this. lol I'm still really hoping I can be considered an expert at some point. Say what you will, but ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ruin our industries. They taint the market. They scare people from buying on ebay. I constantly have people asking me if something is real. even tho my title, my description, and my disclaimer, say my stuff is real. and I've been selling for years. I used to tell them " check my feedback. Not a trace of suspicion." But now? I don't know. These guys have better feedback scores than I do... So clearly it means nothing anymore.

I don't blame them tho. They have good reason to suspect something on ebay is ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
I agree that this is a problem for sellers and the industry as a whole. It causes all sorts of issues.

1. Sellers who have their items removed simply because eBay or someone else doesn't have the credibility in your items.

2. Buyers who question the authenticity of your items.

3. Bad press about counterfeits circulating that makes people nervous to buy, thus affecting sales.

4. Buyers who do buy and are not familiar with the item, but decide in their own mind it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

This creates a ecosystem with a lot of built-in paranoia, and for good reason. Sad, but that's where things are going due to more than a few bad actors.

The solution, if there is one is HOW to weed the BAD sellers from the GOOD ones? I think eBay could be doing a BETTER job vetting sellers in that area.
Old 08-14-2019

Quote:
I agree that this is a problem for sellers and the industry as a whole. It causes all sorts of issues.

1. Sellers who have their items removed simply because eBay or someone else doesn't have the credibility in your items.

2. Buyers who question the authenticity of your items.

3. Bad press about counterfeits circulating that makes people nervous to buy, thus affecting sales.

4. Buyers who do buy and are not familiar with the item, but decide in their own mind it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

This creates a ecosystem with a lot of built-in paranoia, and for good reason. Sad, but that's where things are going due to more than a few bad actors.

The solution, if there is one is HOW to weed the BAD sellers from the GOOD ones? I think eBay could be doing a BETTER job vetting sellers in that area.
my first account, and my entire life at that time, was ruined by ebay. I was selling high end watches. Ebay suspended me, saying " we are not sure, if you're sure, if your watches are real". Why? Because I had a disclaimer saying " authentic or 100% of your money back". In their stupid minds, "why would I offer money back, if my items are real...."

Funny enough, I finally got that account back, 10 years later lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (08-14-2019), nickopedia (08-14-2019), Valhalla1 (10-06-2020)
Old 08-14-2019

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
So are we going to discuss "WTF I'm talking about", after you tried calling me out?
By the way.
I found yet another seller, selling the same few types of watches. By the way. YOu have to press "worldwide" under item location. So this is a straight up international conspiracy now. Croatia. UK, and now germany.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/tradenvint/...c&LH_PrefLoc=2
Leader2dark is arrogant because he makes a lot of money selling high end electronics. I would ignore him because he thinks he is too cool for everyone else. he probably is a fat bald loser in real life...