Got the invite for managed payments today from ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 08-07-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Got the invite for managed payments today from ebay

So, I finally got the invite for managed payments ( Ayden).
I have questions. I know I want to do this but my concerns are:
Will I not be able to sale on eBay until I am approved for Ayden managed payments?
If I can not sale while getting my approval, how long does it take?
I generally have sales daily. How long before I will see payments hit my bank?
Currently I use instant transfer from PayPal, and normally it is received right away. However from time to time I may get the delay for review on withdraws.
Is obtaining approval and providing documents simple to do. It will be all my real info.
My address on id tho is different than actual address now.
The address on id card is same address as from my suspended account. Will I have issued with this?
That's all I can think of at the moment.
Thanks everyone in advance for help answering my questions
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-08-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Got the invite for managed payments today from ebay

Well got signed up last night. Nothing has been asked for yet. I had to give social security number and bank account. I had a sale and it shows me payment is processing but not available just yet. I know it will take longer for withdraw than PayPal was
Old 08-08-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

A full ssn? Did they give you other options or specifically ssn?
Old 08-09-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
It asked for individual or business and I put individual and had to put full social security number. Also had to add bank account to get paid and it said name on account must match bank account. It also stated documents may be requested to confirm identity. As of now I have not had to show any documents.

I had sales and it took less than 24 hours for the processing of first payment.
It went to available payout last night and when I checked this morning it had moved to payout and was sent to bank.

I received an email from eBay stating they had done payout and expect it in 3 to 4 days.
I did notice it shows sales processing and also in that record of sales there is also holds. Mine was processing. Not sure if the hold is used for new eBay sellers like PayPal uses at eBay's request for new accounts. Luckily no hold as eBay account is over a yr old.

No issues with lack of sales as sales have remained steady.
So far pleased. Very easy to transition.

This is real account not stealth. Have been previously banned in eBay and PayPal about 5 years ago.

Glad its all done well going through because just recently PayPal started asking for tax info.

When I got invite it, when I clicked to start it kept saying I couldn't do managed payment until I got the invite, however I did get invite.
I finally realized I had to go in and remove global shipping in My listings and gave it about 15 min and tried to sign up for managed payments and it let me at that time.
Currently global shipping is not available and any global shipping orders have to go through PayPal.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
drebintech38 (08-15-2019), jtiddy (05-08-2020), nickopedia (08-13-2019), yankee (08-14-2019)
Old 08-13-2019

Longevity: 78%

why guys. Why do you want to do this.
Old 08-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Looks like once Managed Payments is fully implemented, it will be the end of "stealth" accounts as we know it. I'm pretty sure identity verification is employed, and they are also not allowing non matching names for the bank.

Unless PayPal continues to be an option for sellers past 2023, this doesn't look too good.

Of course, one could always choose the corp (LLC) route to create the account, but that's not "stealth", either.
Old 08-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
why guys. Why do you want to do this.
This actually was my best move. Lately PayPal had been asking for tax documents.

Money from sales were being held more frequently.
Funds were bring held by PayPal when transferring to bank ( the security reviews).
At times a buyers fund was held until one day after delivery. PayPal message suggested high risk item. Sold same items for over a year but now they become associated with high risk.
This move was a good thing as with how my account was going. I felt it was not going to hold up much longer. I bowed out before getting limited or permantely limited.
It may not be for every seller but it is right for me.

As of now no issues with managed payments. I received today sales from Thursday Friday and Saturday. Yes not as fast as PayPal but I feel safer with eBay managed payments.

One day I may realize it was a mistake for joining the managed payments instead of waiting to be forced into jt. But for now I am good and pleased.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
bobdedy (09-17-2019), ebaystealth1974 (08-15-2019)
Old 08-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I think you did the right thing OP. I've been in for a couple of months now. It was really slow at first but now that Paypal has been added as a payment option, it's starting to pick up. If I put some work into that account I could probably bring it up to the same sales level as my eb/PP accounts.

One thing I'd like to point out since you're in - refunds are buggy AF in managed payments, so be careful. Always check to see if you have any cancellation requests before printing labels for the day, because if you print the label while the buyer had a cancellation request open, you'll lose the ability to cancel the order (always been that way) AND you lose the ability to refund the buyer (hasn't always been that way). I had to call eBay about this and they told me I would have to void my shipping label, then have the buyer open an INR case in a week to get their refund. That was the only way they could come up with for me when I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I chose the business account option (unlike OP who chose to register as an individual). Instead of being asked for my full SSN, I was asked for my full EIN and my full SSN.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 08-14-2019 at 08:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Manda86 (10-07-2019)
Old 08-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
This actually was my best move. Lately PayPal had been asking for tax documents.

Money from sales were being held more frequently.
Funds were bring held by PayPal when transferring to bank ( the security reviews).
At times a buyers fund was held until one day after delivery. PayPal message suggested high risk item. Sold same items for over a year but now they become associated with high risk.
This move was a good thing as with how my account was going. I felt it was not going to hold up much longer. I bowed out before getting limited or permantely limited.
It may not be for every seller but it is right for me.

As of now no issues with managed payments. I received today sales from Thursday Friday and Saturday. Yes not as fast as PayPal but I feel safer with eBay managed payments.

One day I may realize it was a mistake for joining the managed payments instead of waiting to be forced into jt. But for now I am good and pleased.
and you think, ebay, of all companies, is going to treat you nicer? That they aren't under the same Tax regulations, that paypal is, and won't require tax info from you? One day when you realize the mistake, ebay won't actually let you switch back to paypal. That's one of the downfalls of this. YOu can't just try it. Once you sign up, THAT IS IT.
Old 08-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I like Manged Payments. It is not like they reinvested the wheel here. One of the worlds largest payment processors and also, one of the most fair is behind Manged Payments.
Old 08-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
and you think, ebay, of all companies, is going to treat you nicer? That they aren't under the same Tax regulations, that paypal is, and won't require tax info from you? One day when you realize the mistake, ebay won't actually let you switch back to paypal. That's one of the downfalls of this. YOu can't just try it. Once you sign up, THAT IS IT.
It is because they could not add a SS number to the paypal account.....
Old 08-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
eBay thus far, with operating this account has been nice to me and have been helpful.
I would only expect to see Ebay not be nice in the instance I screw my account up.

I had a previous account and lost it 5 yrs. I gave PayPal my tax info then and therefore with this new account I was unable to provide PayPal with my tax info. At least with social security number. I also applied and received an ein to upload to paypal to complete there request of tax info. Even after providing the ein, I was was having more holds till delivery and the security reviews when trying to transfer my PayPal balance to my bank.
I know they are becoming more strict and no longer wanted to worry what would be next.

Of course I am aware they share the same tax regulations. I gave ebay managed payments my social security number for the tax info. However, I am unsure why you think I would believe that I thought I would not have to provide the tax info.

I also don't know why you think I would try to bow out and try to get out of managed payments when I see I made a mistake and want to go back to PayPal. I am very aware I can't go back and change my mind. Thus far I don't see a reason to want to deal with PayPal again. I don't use stealth and if my account got limited I would no longer have my online business. I would lose money and if I had to go stealth I could risk linkage of some kind and lose more money if that got limited. So right now managed payments sounds pretty sweet to me.

Are you in managed payments? They are seeming to work seamlessly for me. One day all eBay sellers will be in managed payments.
The Following User Says Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
drebintech38 (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
It is because they could not add a SS number to the paypal account.....
Exactly Yankee!
Old 08-15-2019

Longevity: 34%

All eBay sellers will progressively be required to transition to managed payments in the coming months.

We may not have much time left.
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

One thing that have not heard anything about is how refunds/returns will be processed under Managed Payments?

With PayPal if you didn't have funds in your account, your PP balance would go into the negative to cover those refunds/claims.

How will this be done under Managed Payaments? Will the money be pulled out of your bank account? if so, will this be done as soon as a return/claim/dispute comes in? Is there any control over this?
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
One thing that have not heard anything about is how refunds/returns will be processed under Managed Payments?

With PayPal if you didn't have funds in your account, your PP balance would go into the negative to cover those refunds/claims.

How will this be done under Managed Payaments? Will the money be pulled out of your bank account? if so, will this be done as soon as a return/claim/dispute comes in? Is there any control over this?
1 thing I can say for sure - sellers have very little control over refunds in managed payments so far. I couldn't even refund a buyer by cancelling the order last week. eBay instructed me to leave the order unfilled, tell the buyer to open an INR case, and refund them that way.

A refund would only be pulled from your bank account if you haven't had enough sales that day to cover the refund. It works like a merchant account. You have a rolling balance of all payments received that settles daily at the end of the day. If you send any refunds during the day they come from your rolling balance of collected payments by default. If you haven't taken in enough payments to cover the refund then I'm sure eBay will dip into your bank account.

I can't answer the 2nd part of the question, but I assume the refund wouldn't be pulled until the case has been resolved by the seller or eBay. I say that because they're now giving us the option to send partial refunds on returns. So it wouldn't make sense for them to pull the full refund as soon as a request is open.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 08-16-2019 at 08:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (08-16-2019)
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
eBay instructed me to leave the order unfilled, tell the buyer to open an INR case, and refund them that way.
wth... do we receive any sort of strike for that? Seems like a generic azz solution!
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
wth... do we receive any sort of strike for that? Seems like a generic azz solution!
I'm guessing not since I refunded almost immediately after he opened the case. It's only a defect if eBay has to get involved, right?

Still, I'm sure it could kill an account if you had to do that 100 times in a week for some unforeseen reason. I told the eBay rep in the chat "eBay still has a lot of work to do with managed payments, don't they?" and the lady didn't respond. They probably know what they're doing.
Old 08-16-2019

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
I told the eBay rep in the chat
When the hell did they enable eBay chat for us?
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

I unno. It just shows up as an option in the sidebar in seller hub sometimes.
Old 08-16-2019

Quote:
I'm guessing not since I refunded almost immediately after he opened the case. It's only a defect if eBay has to get involved, right?

Still, I'm sure it could kill an account if you had to do that 100 times in a week for some unforeseen reason. I told the eBay rep in the chat "eBay still has a lot of work to do with managed payments, don't they?" and the lady didn't respond. They probably know what they're doing.
Umm, no. Ebay is NOT a fan of INR cases. That was the main reason I got my account restricted. Because of INR cases. Mainly international buyers, that couldn't bother to wait, and ebay with their absurd shipping estimates.

Ebay forcing sellers to do INR cases, is insane. But that's ebay for you.
Old 08-16-2019

Thanked 1,099 Times in 1,035 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

Ebay estimated the delivery date for overseas shipment,is this not your case?
if you find it not to be acceptable in y our case,you will have to use a different shipper or shipping method.
or block some countries or regions which take too long to clear customs or delivery,eg Brazil ,Russia,India,Africa

Last edited by agent006140; 08-16-2019 at 11:30 AM.