Will I be suspended for being Below Standard for 6 months? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-14-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default Will I be suspended for being Below Standard for 6 months?

Hi guys, here's the rundown. In December 2018 I couldn't pay my EBay bill so they suspended me from selling. I just paid the bill (it's now August) and I can sell again, yay!

Since I hadn't been selling for January-July, I had 0 sales. Since the Seller Dashboard looks at the last twelve months of sales, the small number of defects from the end of 2018 has put me Below Standard since April. These were four "Case closed without seller resolution" defects from October-December.

EBay has warned me via e-mail that if I'm still Below Standard in two months I may get restricted or suspended. Since the defects are from last October-December, it's mathematically impossible for me to compensate not selling for seven months to make enough sales to bring my average up.

So I just want to know - will I be permanently banned in two months? Will I just have my selling limits reduced temporarily and then have to get them raised later?

That account is under my real name and I've had it since 2001, though it was banned for seven years from being a non-paying buyer (yes, you used to be banned for that. BTW I didn't mean to be a non-paying buyer I was way younger.)

Any help would be appreciated, I'd hate to lose this account!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2019

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Will I be suspended for being Below Standard for 6 months?

What eBay is looking for is regular good sales shipped on time and no buyer resolution cases found against you. If you maintain this then your metrics will improve in that time and they will be OK with it.

Your selling limits may be reduced if you have had the account reinstated and the old limits are showing as they were. They will probably put them down on 20th August.

What you are up against is that your listings will not show high in the searches as they do that when you are below standard.

One way around this is to promote your listings and get high search placements which will get you the sales you need to improve your metrics.

You have to show eBay that you are willing and ready to try and be a good seller.
Old 08-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Also consider building backup accounts on a rotation
Old 08-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
What eBay is looking for is regular good sales shipped on time and no buyer resolution cases found against you. If you maintain this then your metrics will improve in that time and they will be OK with it.

Your selling limits may be reduced if you have had the account reinstated and the old limits are showing as they were. They will probably put them down on 20th August.

What you are up against is that your listings will not show high in the searches as they do that when you are below standard.

One way around this is to promote your listings and get high search placements which will get you the sales you need to improve your metrics.

You have to show eBay that you are willing and ready to try and be a good seller.
Thanks, so is selling limit reduction the main penalty? They probably wouldn't permanently ban me? I don't really care if they limit me to 10 items as long as it isn't a permanent ban and I can get the limits raised later.

The 4 "case closed without seller resolution" defects are becoming a higher and higher percentage of my sales every month, because my 2018 sales are dropping out of the calculation, and I have almost no 2019 sales. I'm trying to sell with promotion but my sales are still really slow, probably because of Below Standard.
Old 08-16-2019

Activity: 9%

As your account was suspended for a while they are looking back for the past 12 months.

As you build up sales the look back period for your metrics will go to 3 months so the past resolution cases will drop off when you have 3 months sales in putting you above average
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Short Answer.

Maybe.
You just never know, i had a few accounts years later, i received a random email from ebay saying i could sell again. Happens, always pay your fee's . You never know!
Old 08-20-2019

They will not suspend you, as long as you keep improving> Or at least, don't get worse. That's all they want to see. What does ebay care? They make an extra 4% FVF and your search results will be much lower.
Old 09-08-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

I heard it is 5% now,can anyone confirm?
Old 09-10-2019

You can yes, on a larger account non stealth, it was below standard, due to open case, and as case had been on account for over 3 months the reps said they couldn't remove, the system wouldn't allow it, it would take 12 months, sadly this caused ebay system to automatticaly ban my account for 3 consecutive months of non performance, even after calling support many many times getting assurances it will be fine, it was totally automated permaa ban, which took 2 other non stealth accounts with it as linked.