Can someone clear the air on feedbacks? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 08-20-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default Re: Can someone clear the air on feedbacks?

OP,
You've put a lot of time and effort explaining that the feedback system is flawed. Just look at the feedback forums on Ebay and you'll find countless others stating the same thing. As others have mentioned here in this thread, feedback doesn't mean much if anything. If you offer a great price or have the margins to promote your listing to the top, you're gonna sell your stuff no matter what your feedback number states, 100%, 98%, 80%, it does not matter, people are going to buy. This subject is just beating a dead horse, kinda surprised I took the time to reply, but dude, in the time and effort that you've taken to fill up this thread, you could have easily went on your Ebay account to lower your price a nickel below a competitor and sold a bunch of crap....regardless of the stupid, flawed, useless feedback rating on your account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steveo036940 For This Useful Post:
oatmeal (08-20-2019), yankee (08-20-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%

I like this thread topic.
But here's the reality - 90%+ of the buyers don't care about the feedback system.
So long as you have the CHEAPEST price, eBuyers will buy your products - PERIOD.
When i was new to eBay, i always thought having a damn 100% feedback is must in order for me to sell fast, i even offer crazy discounts just for the buyer leave a positive to my account.
But later on,you'll realize that no matter what your feedback rating is, people will always buy the LOWEST PRICE listed.

Last edited by WEI; 08-20-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEI View Post
I like this thread topic.
But here's the reality - 90%+ of the buyers don't care about the feedback system.
So long as you have the CHEAPEST price, eBuyers will buy your products - PERIOD.
When i was new to eBay, i always thought having a damn 100% feedback is must in order for me to sell fast, i even offer crazy discounts just for the buyer leave a positive to my account.
But later on,you'll realize that on matter what your feedback rating is, people will always buy the LOWEST PRICE listed.
Agreed, but more like 99.9%+ of consumers don't care
The Following User Says Thank You to Steveo036940 For This Useful Post:
yankee (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
This is good, thanks. I didn't know that. If this is indeed true, then that's a good sign. Thanks for mentioning that.
Hop on your phone app and check it for yourself.

Most buyers don't read descriptions, MUCH LESS feedback at the bottom of the page
Old 08-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Hop on your phone app and check it for yourself.

Most buyers don't read descriptions, MUCH LESS feedback at the bottom of the page
Phone app is no bueno for multiple accounts on the same phone, just for OP info
Old 08-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Good grief. I cant believe this dumb thread is still going but lets keep it going and maybe the thread will get better feedback.....

Really, what is the point of it?

You like feedback, most people dont even know what feedback is. So, keep managing for feedback and not make any money.

I myself, I am going to keep on focusing on transactions that produce profit.

Good luck to you and your 99.9% feedback and I will keep my 98-99% profit machines going.....

I make most of my income off of 2-9 month old accounts. Almost non of my stealth accounts make it to 9 months old before I close them up. Reason being, SMALL ACCOUNTS GET MORE SALES!!

Just to clear that notion of yours that big accounts are better and that feedback matters at all to the vast majority of people.

When I buy, i search best price and location closest. I never ever ever look at feedback and the majority are the same way.

Last edited by yankee; 08-20-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
OP,
You've put a lot of time and effort explaining that the feedback system is flawed. Just look at the feedback forums on Ebay and you'll find countless others stating the same thing. As others have mentioned here in this thread, feedback doesn't mean much if anything. If you offer a great price or have the margins to promote your listing to the top, you're gonna sell your stuff no matter what your feedback number states, 100%, 98%, 80%, it does not matter, people are going to buy. This subject is just beating a dead horse, kinda surprised I took the time to reply, but dude, in the time and effort that you've taken to fill up this thread, you could have easily went on your Ebay account to lower your price a nickel below a competitor and sold a bunch of crap....regardless of the stupid, flawed, useless feedback rating on your account.
Haha, well, if you know me (most of you don't), you will find that I write A LOT. I am infamous on the internet for the dreaded WALL OF TEXT. Yes, that's me. Actually, I have a lot of other things to gripe about not ebay related. I tend to find the flaws in everything really really well. I'm serious, it's like a gift. You should read what I have to say about traffic "speed bumps". My rant on that would go on for 50 pages.

Maybe I should get into blogging to make money since I write a lot and am good at stirring up debate, discussion, and getting people all worked up. That seems to be a talent of mine, but for me, I'm not trying to annoy anyone. I'm just being me and it seems to work very well! Haha
Old 08-21-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Good grief. I cant believe this dumb thread is still going but lets keep it going and maybe the thread will get better feedback.....

Really, what is the point of it?

You like feedback, most people dont even know what feedback is. So, keep managing for feedback and not make any money.

I myself, I am going to keep on focusing on transactions that produce profit.

Good luck to you and your 99.9% feedback and I will keep my 98-99% profit machines going.....

I make most of my income off of 2-9 month old accounts. Almost non of my stealth accounts make it to 9 months old before I close them up. Reason being, SMALL ACCOUNTS GET MORE SALES!!

Just to clear that notion of yours that big accounts are better and that feedback matters at all to the vast majority of people.

When I buy, i search best price and location closest. I never ever ever look at feedback and the majority are the same way.
So my point is why does ebay even have a feedback system then? If it's such a mute point, why do they bother to stamp it right next to our names so that the whole world can see you are lower than the next competitor?

Like I said, in the real world, you don't see a rating next to the name of banks, apple, samsung, any company name. And that's a good thing isn't it? You wouldn't want all your customers seeing that.

Also, I have a tip for you when you reply to someone. You have a lot of experience and good points to share which I am open to reading, but once you start a reply with a personal insult or jab at the person or what they wrote, they will pretty much shut you down and not even bother to listen to what you have to say after that. Don't make it personal. Don't throw around judgment. Maybe to you it's a stupid thread but to others, they may be thinking similar things and wanting to know the answers, too.

And like I said in the beginning (my first reply to your first reply), I hope you are right because that's good news for me. I simply shared that in my experience, negative feedback was never a good thing and no feedback was not the best feedback but positive feedback is the best feedback (esp. when you are supposed to get it but they are too lazy to bother).
Old 08-21-2019

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
So my point is why does ebay even have a feedback system then?

Back in the day, it used to be a very important metric. But when they came out with this TRS horseshiit, it lost it's value. And is now basically meaningless.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaystealth1974 For This Useful Post:
yankee (08-23-2019)
Old 08-25-2019
Banned

Longevity: 64%

I will say if you have like 10 feedback and 1 or 2 are negative its definitely not a good look and can slow down sales
Old 11-26-2019

Longevity: 39%

Have you tried promoted listings?
eBay tends to want everyone to pay for better rankings
Your sales might go up
May have nothing to do with feedback
Old 01-09-2020

Longevity: 64%

top rated seller is much more important than feedback, the problem for small sellers is bad feedback usually means bad dsrs so they arent top rated sellers.

New accounts get higher visibility as well even without feedback so its important to keep more than one account on the go.
Old 04-25-2020

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
So my point is why does ebay even have a feedback system then? If it's such a mute point, why do they bother to stamp it right next to our names so that the whole world can see you are lower than the next competitor?
Because it makes buyers feel more secure in their purchases (the small percentage who bother checking) and it also makes them feel like they have a power over the seller. It makes me laugh when buyers try to use negative feedback as leverage to get what they want (when what they want is unreasonable of course), I usually just reply explaining that feedback is meaningless so by all means write whatever you want
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
BangkokBetty (06-26-2021)