Info from private eBay managed payments forum - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 08-22-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Info from private eBay managed payments forum

Seen this tonight on the private managed payments forum.

Info may help some that have been asking about matching info

08-22-2019 05:29:30 PM
Wanted to see if anyone is/was in the same boat....

Signed up for MP, fine for 3 or 4 days. Then got a warning banner that info didn't match up, please update. That was 10 days & appx 10 phone calls ago.

Basically boils down that the IA SOS only has our Registered Agent(lawyer you filed the LLC) posted on the open website(not an official form, not an IRS form). Had several reps have me change this & that to try & get it to go thru but no dice. Other details to it, but ebay is holding 3k in funds without a clear solution given. Just seems that there's something else but can't get a straight answer.

Getting some unsettling info from reps that I've talked to & some pretty non committal answers. Anyone else out there dealing or have dealt with this issue?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Info from private eBay managed payments forum

Sounds like theyre sooooo not ready with this payment solution of theirs.
At this rate we wont have to worry about this thing for years.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
cafonabob (08-23-2019)
Old 08-22-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Just came here to post this.... So ebay is checking ownership of business on state websites etc. Definitely not good news for people who thought they were just going to make LLC's to bypass this.

Quote:
Problems with Verification
theluckyfin1
theluckyfin1
Adventurer
08-22-2019 05:29:30 PM

Wanted to see if anyone is/was in the same boat....

Signed up for MP, fine for 3 or 4 days. Then got a warning banner that info didn't match up, please update. That was 10 days & appx 10 phone calls ago.

Basically boils down that the IA SOS only has our Registered Agent(lawyer you filed the LLC) posted on the open website(not an official form, not an IRS form). Had several reps have me change this & that to try & get it to go thru but no dice. Other details to it, but ebay is holding 3k in funds without a clear solution given. Just seems that there's something else but can't get a straight answer.

Getting some unsettling info from reps that I've talked to & some pretty non committal answers. Anyone else out there dealing or have dealt with this issue?
Old 08-22-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I'm sure eBay is checking the LLC members or manager to be one of the account holders. Good luck using the name of your RA, as eBay is likely to know the difference.

It's no shock that eBay has been checking names a lot more with 3rd parties now. This is the status quo.
Old 08-23-2019

Longevity: 68%

So grandpa cleans out junk from his garage and instead of having a yard sale the grandkids suggest to list it on eBay. Or this spam we get "see how much is your old phone worth?"

I get it, you will need to upload a copy of your id and link a bank account to withdraw funds but SSN? For a new customer to sell $250 worth of Halloween crap or their old phone nobody is going to share their SSN. They are out of their minds.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cafonabob For This Useful Post:
Camaro2SS (08-08-2020), nickopedia (08-23-2019), prodigyace (09-04-2019), renzini (08-26-2019), slokor (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob View Post
So grandpa cleans out junk from his garage and instead of having a yard sale the grandkids suggest to list it on eBay. Or this spam we get "see how much is your old phone worth?"

I get it, you will need to upload a copy of your id and link a bank account to withdraw funds but SSN? For a new customer to sell $250 worth of Halloween crap or their old phone nobody is going to share their SSN. They are out of their minds.
The problem is that when it comes to selling online, even for a few things laying around the house, most reputable websites ask for SSN. It seems to be the direction things are moving towards.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (09-15-2019), Camaro2SS (08-08-2020), phaz0rz (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob View Post
Agreed with nick and nodeal. Almost every other e-commerce site out there that operates in USA is already getting SSN's, and they're all doing fine. A lot of them are outpacing eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Wishful thinking but far from the truth. They're saying it becomes mandatory in USA next year and I don't have any real reason not to believe them.
Old 08-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
I think it is being expedited. I am guessing within a year. I have moved many of my accounts over flawlessly and will move the remainder in the months to come. Non of this is reinventing the wheel. This company is huge and has been around for a really long time. It is magnitudes easier than amazon and it is long over due IMO

It will make stealth a lot harder for small sellers and some people over seas. It is unfortunate for many good small sellers. It will also make it a lot harder for scammers and such and IMO, that is very good.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (09-05-2019)
Old 08-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

yankee, are all of your entities setup as corporations? I know you talk about s-corps a lot. It's been a while since we've talked about this and I need a refresher when you have time. You're the only one here with multiple accounts in and working, so far.
Old 08-23-2019

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I think it is being expedited. I am guessing within a year. I have moved many of my accounts over flawlessly and will move the remainder in the months to come. Non of this is reinventing the wheel. This company is huge and has been around for a really long time. It is magnitudes easier than amazon and it is long over due IMO

It will make stealth a lot harder for small sellers and some people over seas. It is unfortunate for many good small sellers. It will also make it a lot harder for scammers and such and IMO, that is very good.
They are already starting to require it by October. I just made a post.

How exactly have you managed to work with the new system? A lot of time and money to setup stuff?
Old 08-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post

How exactly have you managed to work with the new system? A lot of time and money to setup stuff?
I guess "a lot" is relative and a matter of perspective.

I do not share a lot of this stuff here because, well, I do not want it abused and when I do share, oftentimes it get deleted anyways or so it seems.

I will say, if you can run etsy, you can easily run managed payments. I would start digging up some old posts in the etsy section from banned members.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (09-05-2019), kinsey (08-27-2019)
Old 08-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
yankee, are all of your entities setup as corporations? I know you talk about s-corps a lot. It's been a while since we've talked about this and I need a refresher when you have time. You're the only one here with multiple accounts in and working, so far.
We will catch up soon and yes, I almost exclusively use S-corps. Miss matched names on banks are usually ok. If not, it is simple to fix. Editing information has not been a problem. So if you get a notice that a name or number etc is not right, it is a relatively easy edit.

Get familiar with the incorporated State's registry and what it shows although, there was something else not quite right if they looked this up I believe anyways.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-23-2019)
Old 08-26-2019

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 77%

I have 4 S-Corp divided in 10 eBay accounts 2 eBay accounts per Corp.

eBay names are all in my real name but not PayPal, anyhow the business name in PayPal is the real Corp name with EIN Number attaches for each PP account.

This is a legal business with invoices, original products etc.

My biggest concert is to add SS to managed payments for each eBay account. Also in one of the 4 PayPal account the system is asking for beneficial owner and i have until Oct 14th to add it.

I have two nationalities when I put the American PP ask for SS when I put my other PP is asking just for passport or ID. I don’t know what to put or how to proceed.

Anybody knows if I will have problems with all my accounts if I add same SS for 10 eBay accounts?

All accounts have completely different products.

US selller located in USA

Last edited by renzini; 08-27-2019 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-27-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzini View Post

Anybody knows if I will have problems with all my accounts if I add same SS for 10 eBay accounts?
It's a very easy link that eBay can see - risky
Old 09-01-2019

Longevity: 59%

Does Adyen share the information with Ebay, and if not it would seem that we could have one account with our own SSN.
Old 09-05-2019

I spoke with eBay Managed Payments Rep and you can have more than 1 accounts with same SS I don’t know exactly how many but I told rep that I have 2 and said that is fine.
I don’t think is a problem having 20 as long as all are legit business.
Old 09-05-2019

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%

Ebay does not care how many accounts you set up with same name and address and SSN,
I have 6 for selling and I use the same PAYPAL ACCOUNT to accept payments for all 6 accounts.
Some sellers have north of 20/30 Ebay accounts
But with Managed payments,do you set up one account for all your ten Ebay accounts?
If so,then all your sales proceeds will be lumped together and send to one bank account?
Old 09-06-2019

I asked eBay rep for 2 eBay account with MP and she said no problem. I think that is fine for all eBay accounts you have with same MP
Old 09-06-2019

Longevity: 35%

Answer is if you end up with an account ban on one account for whatever reason its not stealth if same SS number linked.

They will slam all accounts just like Paypal does

S corp question when you use this.....what do they ask ? Still a person with SSN or not required.

Please for the people using S corp

Thank you
Old 09-07-2019

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzini View Post
I asked eBay rep for 2 eBay account with MP and she said no problem. I think that is fine for all eBay accounts you have with same MP
I suspect that using this method, once one Ebay account goes down, they all go down. The key is to MP is to discover a way to still run multiple unlinkable Ebay accounts. Multiple member S-Corps with an umbrella of business entities beneath it seems to be the best way forward. It's expensive and time consuming, so this may not be feasible for smaller sellers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steveo036940 For This Useful Post:
renzini (09-08-2019)
Old 09-07-2019

Longevity: 28%

how does it work for european accoutns with ayden?

is there any verification needed to use it?
Old 09-07-2019

Longevity: 35%

So they will not accept the Registered Agent with MP even if it matches Bank Acct address.....all banking done online anyway... would like to know soon as I have to move to MP and want to set up correctly.

Multi member Corporation the only way/???