PayPal or Ebay hold ?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default PayPal or Ebay hold ??

This hold by ebay is illegal....
It is time to file a class action suit !!
Lets get the ball rolling !!
Let me explain.

Paypal has everyright to hold funds as a banking center I concur with this.
however..... it is not Paypal holding the funds, it is Ebay.

Paypal is following directives imposed by Ebay the hold is being intitiated on the Ebay side I know this to be fact after arguing exstensivly with both parties.
It started when I opened a new account under a new name for an expanded business last month.
I have been current with ebay since 2004 I am a powerseller with 100% feedback rating and lauded by Paypal for having a steller record.

When I open the new account the first 2 order no problem, the next all in a row have been held by ebay.Ebay say this is random hold and that Paypal is doing it. This is false
It is not random either!! and ebay is doing it, ebay does not have the authority to hold funds as they are not a banking center.
They are illegally hold funds and are telling Paypal to hold funds for them, this is illegal.

I tell what they are doing...... Ebay has lost many sellers due to thier backward policies that protect buyers and leave sellers flapping in the wind....
Paypal processes 1000 transactions per minute....now.... the longer they hold it the more money they can make on interest...

Interest......ing eh?

Since Paypal is owned ebay, ebay is making money on the interest for the orders they are telling paypal to hold.
Not only is this illegal it is "Theft by Deception"
They are stealing yours and my money for up to 21 days while they draw interest...while forcing us to pay for product without the funds we have earned with our selling prowness......

Does anybody here get a free ride from Ebay???
I don't and there are many times ebay makes more than I do because they take value on the whole amount instead a percentage of just the profit like.... we all get....

Do you feel Offended.
I do!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Personally I don't feel offended.

I know the In's and Outs and Pro's and Con's of the PayPal and Ebay game.

And I have decided its way more in my favor to use them as opposed to walking away.
Old 09-09-2009

There's been a lot of bitterness regarding PayPal 21 day hold for some time now. And if something could be done legally to stop them, it would have been done by now IMO. We around here try to deal with it the best we can, but it's really not worth you getting so upset about it.. Just expect it, deal with it and live with it. You get your money released as soon the feedback is left or tracking 3 days after tracking number shows delivery of your items. Its almost never 21 days, really.

Last edited by Lyda; 09-09-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Default Revolution!

I think perhaps they have everybody fooled to think there is no recourse by telling everybody it is Paypal holding the funds.

If they imply it is Paypal holding the funds they are lying.
Do you do business with liars ? It is bad business for both parties.

If Ebay told the public they were the ones holding the funds I wonder how many new ebayers would sign up..... a lot less I think....

As long as we all stand by and let them make money on our money they are making money off.... they will continue to bully the people they are making money off.

I am not upset..... I am Offended that they think they can fool everybody, as it seems....they are!

I have processed 100s of 1000s of dollars with Paypal they have made 1000s per month off my back now ebay wants more..... it is greed.... and that is why I am offended.
Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

It simply just cost to much too sue the big giants and the point is that ebay has tons of lawyers. Do you expect to win over a multimillion dollar company.
Old 09-09-2009
Administrator

There is nothing wrong with being offended. I myself feel that eBay and PayPal have a lot of unfair practices.

But don't expect to find a lot of sympathizers here on this forum. People here want to be on eBay and go through extreme means to get back and stay there.
Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum,Offended.

Your opinion is valued but here the majority have chosen to fight fire with fire. We each have a right to do what we want to do.
Old 09-09-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Default Trust No One !

I like eating at Taco bell, if I found a roach in my taco I will complain.
That does not mean I would never eat at Taco Bell again it just means I will not eat at that Taco Bell again.

I use ebay but I have three other major websites.

Ebay was my first line of entry to the web, because of this I feel a connection to ebay.They are my hobby.I used to love them but with power comes greed and they have overstep thier line by lieing to me.
If you are gonna hold my funds tell me up front don't blame the other guy when you.... are ....the other guy...

I understand check holds we have them all the time due to out of state purchases but....my bank does not say it is not them holding it... the manger will call me and say "hey man we have a 7 day hold due to this check amount and the location of orgination" No problem, I understand and due to my excellent record with my bank, most holds are released early, they return my loyalty to them by working for me.

What does ebay do for me, no loyalty, no working with me and big fat lie to boot!

Oh yeah....They called me today..... This year they will increase the guidelines for powersellers this year in Jan, more rules, more ratings...why.... greed... If they can now knock a few people out of the powerseller program they make more money... the powerseller that falls below the 4.7 rating will loose his powerseller discount.....hence >>>> Greed!
This means that one client that has an item delayed because the UPS truck gets a flat tire and they cannot understand that.. You/Me have no control over UPS.... or they do not care.... can knock you right out of the powerseller program with a poor rating...

The point is I gave my loyalty to ebay for years they return it with a falsification of the facts, they are not only lieing to me but they are lieing to the SEC,FCC and the everybody they tell this to.

They have lost my trust.

As long as we all sit around and do nothing they will keep greeding thier way into our wallets.
Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Welcome to the forum,Offended.

Your opinion is valued but here the majority have chosen to fight fire with fire. We each have a right to do what we want to do.
Read this post,Offended.
Old 09-09-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Read this post,Offended.
I did but I do not understand how it is meant. To fight fire with fire would mean to start a firebreak to burn the fuel that the primary fire will feed off so it comes under control.

From my view this an improper analogy.
I do not see any backfires....and ebay is way out of control....
I am attempting to build a firebreak, how better to attempt it with none other than firefighters.

So...my observation of fighting fire with fire is bringing a cheater to task or they will keep cheating....by draining thier cheatablity to disallow the cheating....ebay is cheating people out of thier money with false facts.

A simple summation with even simpler facts.
Old 09-09-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

Heck Bean, you are from Downunder you should revile oppression more than most.
Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

tbh, Offended, at this point you do not want to understand anything that has been said to you. I perceive you are on a mission because of ebay/paypal. You are here looking for coverts. I respectfully say to you that you are not likely to have the sympathy of many here. I made that point in the last line of my first post to you. THAT was the salient point.

That then becomes problematic because if you continue 'preaching' it crosses over to spam. The forum does not do spam. Your posts have been read but I recommend you consider stopping NOW
Old 09-09-2009

If I found a roach in my taco, I would never eat in any Taco Bell ever again. They all get supplied from the same source.

Last edited by Lyda; 09-09-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2009
Banned

Default Cut the fella some slack

hallo folks mcdougal here. I was insulted by the finest at ebay rightly so today.
I'm inclined to say the offendd fellow's got a point they did the same blasted thing t me.
me think's it time to put a aile under thier arse's

It's hardly my place t say but from the post by the stringbean guy he's working real hard t keep folks from posting er.

Perhaps some ya need some good ole fashion manners there Greenbean.
Leave it to a Scot to talk plain to an aussie, ya sound tuff but your words say your not a day over 16, grow up there ya bloke and treat your fellow humans with some respect.

The offended fellow's got some spine to confront the powers.
Keep it up friend.
Old 09-09-2009
Administrator

Did someone say Taco Bell?

That sounds good...I'm on my way! LOL

Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Anyhoo, ya'll know that I am nothing if not patient and tolerant. BUT our wee friend metoo is OFFENDED. So they can both poq from the forum.

Epic fail, metoo.
Old 09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
hallo folks mcdougal here. I was insulted by the finest at ebay rightly so today.
I'm inclined to say the offendd fellow's got a point they did the same blasted thing t me.
me think's it time to put a aile under thier arse's

It's hardly my place t say but from the post by the stringbean guy he's working real hard t keep folks from posting er.

Perhaps some ya need some good ole fashion manners there Greenbean.
Leave it to a Scot to talk plain to an aussie, ya sound tuff but your words say your not a day over 16, grow up there ya bloke and treat your fellow humans with some respect.

The offended fellow's got some spine to confront the powers.
Keep it up friend.
Maybe you should practice a little more understanding of your English and maybe than you would be less "insulted rightly so".
First post and attacking a member who took her time to explain thngs the way they are and not the way OP wants them to be.
Hope it is your last too...."rightly so"!
Old 09-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Ok time to close a thread...