Need advice on new ebay and paypal account verification? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 08-29-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Need advice on new ebay and paypal account verification?

I am located in Australia, so i would like to limit discussion within oz.

my seller account was suspended month ago, seeing no hope to reinstate as ebay refused to communicate anymore with me, I am thinking setting up new ebay and paypal account.

I have searched this forum. Understand that to verify a paypal account, a valid bank account with any account name is possible as long as BSB and account number is accurate. (pls correct me if I am wrong here). So verifying paypal won't be a big issue here as I have new address, new bank account.

My biggest issue is with ebay seller verification, I hope to know:

1) Can I use a master debit card to verify my ebay verification? If yes, must the card owner name be real?
2) If I don't have credit card at all, can I simply use my home fixed line or a verified paypal account to get me verified on ebay? --- I note that a lot of threads discussing employing call forward, etc to avoid using home fixed line, I am wondering why? Will ebay verify the owner name ect on the phone number? I am about moving home, so could have a new phone number under my name with the new address, is it safe to use? (will ebay find out the phone number owner name and link to my suspended account?)

Thank you all. I appreciate your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-29-2009

Longevity: 86%

1) yes you can use master debit card to verify....but i am not sure if they can check the name or not...have wondered about that myself.

but 2) i can answer fully:

YES you can use new phone number to verify ebay...they wont check name its registered to, dont worry..its just an automated 4 digit pin. (if you do things right then many times u WONT even get that call and they let you sell....but dont take that chance and make sure u have a working number and keep it as long as u can)

i think the purpose of forwarding is the volume. people have more then 1 ebay account......say u wanted 10 ebay accounts....its not practical to apply for 10 fixed lines very costly as well. so instead forwarding is a good option.

But i personally use VOIP services to rent numbers out...much much cheaper then the real thing and u can recieve the calls on ur computer or on a handset whichever suits u best.

Additional Notes: I suggest you buy the stealth guide it has a lotta useful information.....or you can always read the forums just will find the information is scattered in 1000's of threads...

make sure you dont screw up your new account by having the old flash cookies stored, u need to have a separate windows User account to avoid that.
The Following User Says Thank You to fairgo For This Useful Post:
cpasydney (08-29-2009)
Old 08-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%
Lightbulb

Hi mate, thanks for answering my queries. I do hope there are more oz ppl can join in the discussion. Most of the threads in this forum are related to overseas only and I don't think they apply to ebay oz, like virtual card, etc.

I have actually browse through the book, but still cannot ascertain whether name of the credit /debit card really matters for "ebay" verification. The book only mentions virtual credit card with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name / address but what about real credit/debit card with a number that has never been used but the name has been used in a suspended account?
Old 09-03-2009

Longevity: 85%

I'm very sure that if you use any information at all on a suspended account a red light flashes on the eBay bot, and the new account is now a target for suspension, or at the very least more heat from eBay.
Old 09-03-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpasydney View Post
... what about real credit/debit card with a number that has never been used but the name has been used in a suspended account?...
Real card & different number are both fine. About the name, you would need to be a little careful on that. If your name is a very popular one, you have a pretty good chance to win. If it's kinda unique, better not use it again. You can also use a nick name.
Old 09-05-2009

Longevity: 94%

From my experience when opening a new account always use a 'clean' computer, I always try and use an email from bigpond,optus etc not a free one normally I do not get asked to verify if i use free email address (gmail hotmail etc) I always seem to be asked to verify when opening a new account either by phone or card number. I have avoided using the phone verification and go a card its easy enough to open a bank account with a debit card attached and this will do the trick. In Aus any address name combination will work to verify your account with a card. With ebay/paypal starting to use 3rd party data bases to help verify account holders it is a very good idea to use a real address and even a name that is linked to that address hit the white pages but do not use the full name of anyone associated with that address as you could very well make problems for them. With a paypal account they want you to verify with a bank account and in Aus you need is a working bsb and account number the name is not used in our system. Keep in mind that Paypal are confirming details once you have a certain amount money come into an account (I got asked after $2000 in credits had gone through my account) I am working on a work around for this little problem I will not supply copies of documents that have been 'played with' in photoshop a little too naughty for me. This is all based on my experience and has worked well for me for what seems like ages...
Old 09-09-2009

Longevity: 89%

I think once your paypal acc verified and linked to your ebay acc you can start selling without any other verification?
Old 09-09-2009

Longevity: 94%

Thats right, to list on Australia only you do not need to have a verified paypal account but without a verified paypal account you'll be restricted to what you can sell, you will also need to link a payment method to your ebay account so they will get their fees
Old 11-21-2009

Longevity: 83%

guys if you want a virtual credit card join neteller. I have a real debit card and virtual card I live in Australia and everything was applied for and done within Australia. You could also join a freelance site like getafreelancer and apply for cards this way again whilst being in Australia.
Old 02-03-2010

Longevity: 90%

I worked in credit card dept of an Aussie bank for 4 years, business and consumer cards. Ebay can not tell your name and address from the card number for privacy reasons, nor can any other merchant who take payment from crdit cards.

Imagine if merchants could get your details from a credit card then there would be some attacks on people. For example night club owners could find punters who did damage in the club through the card and bash them. People who visited brothels and paid by visa could be found and extorted from.

This was the case 4 years ago when i was a bank worker.

I hope it is still the case.
Old 03-14-2010

Longevity: 81%

buy a virtual card from virtualvcard.com.au

name doesn't have to be right. In NSW you can go to a 7/11 or a post office and buy a $50 prepaid visa gift card these work well for ebay and paypal. Name on card don't have to match.

Also Telstra has a service called multinumber. it allows you to have 2 phone numbers on the one line for an extra $6 a month. (it will ring different to your normal number (like morse code)

This can be changed daily too. just ring up and tell them your getting a nuisance call and can you get a new number.
The Following User Says Thank You to glenmore79 For This Useful Post:
sia (06-20-2010)
Old 03-22-2010

Hi im brand new here and must say, Damn i stumbled onto a winner of a forum. Im an Aussie, and used to sell alot on ebay a few years ago until, obviously my account got suspended. Wish i found this forum then, instead i told them to stick it.

Came back to it late last year, and its the same old bull****. Having items pulled because an established seller (selling the same stuff) reports you with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ crap. Have just bought ebaystealth and am reading over it now. Bloody genius.

So i wanting to get about 3 or 4 independent accounts running at once, and read the sections on IP's, User Accounts, cookies etc, and im able to follow it all (well i hope so, have done a bachelor of IT) but im also a pretty forgetful person, and i would slip up on something like forgetting to change the IP.

Is there any disadvantages of a setup like this, considering i currently do not have a account suspension. Trying to eliminate potential slips up until i have routine down pat;

Primary account on my home desktop - broadband
Second account on dedicated netbook - dial up
Third account on dedicated netbook - dial up
Fourth account on dedicated netbook - dial up

I work as an IT hardware tech also and have access to many computers, so setting these up on a bench would be very simple. Then just logging on to each account from its own dedicated netbook, as i figure that would eliminate the need to worry about cookies and ip address, even with switching the same phone line into each netbook, as dialing into bigpond for each would create a new ip.

Lastly, do you need a landline to verify on ebay AU? No work around for that? Sorry if i missed it somewhere.

Anyway, just wanted to say gday, and i love the work of this site. I hope to contribute what i can, as i can see myself spending many hours on here. Best get back to reading ebaystealth
Old 03-22-2010

Longevity: 82%

Hi,
I'm in the same boat:( but I'm getting started again and I have used my mobile as verification.
I haven't had a call yet, but I haven't started selling yet either. So I'm hoping it will be fine.
Old 03-29-2010

Default lan line and router

guys i wanna know

1 ) can i used my ols lan line "suspended" on a new fresh ebay,paypal,computer,ip add,MAC add. account with everything new besides the lan line phone?

2 ) also how do i change my router MAC settings im on windows 7 with a netgear router/modem ?
Old 04-06-2010

I have my paypal account verified with the bank deposits thats not an issue, i dont have it linked to my ebay account which is now suspended under section 9 I also have a limit on my paypal account which i have sent in drivers license and bank statement do you think i should link paypal to ebay to try and lift the section 9
Old 06-18-2010

Longevity: 80%
Default ebay seller verification

For this i use a pre-paid visa gift card obtained from Australia Post. They have different values cheapest being $50.00 + $4.95 for the card. You have to wait 24hrs before being able to use though. I then log into my new stealth ebay account and choose the credit card option as verification. make sure you put your new name that you have used on your ebay registration in as the cardholders name though. Then you can start listing. With the bank account jsut go into your local branch and ask for another savings account or log in online and set one up (Bank Sa lets you do this). Verify paypal with it but change your name so it matches your ebay account when putting the information into paypal and wait the 3 days then log back in and put your deposits amounts in and your verified. I haven't found a virtual bank account yet because i wish to be totally stealth so if any one has any ideas let me know.
Old 06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie1966 View Post
For this i use a pre-paid visa gift card obtained from Australia Post. They have different values cheapest being $50.00 + $4.95 for the card. You have to wait 24hrs before being able to use though. I then log into my new stealth ebay account and choose the credit card option as verification. make sure you put your new name that you have used on your ebay registration in as the cardholders name though. Then you can start listing. With the bank account jsut go into your local branch and ask for another savings account or log in online and set one up (Bank Sa lets you do this). Verify paypal with it but change your name so it matches your ebay account when putting the information into paypal and wait the 3 days then log back in and put your deposits amounts in and your verified. I haven't found a virtual bank account yet because i wish to be totally stealth so if any one has any ideas let me know.

Hi,

I want to konw if this gift card has your actual name on it? When verifying your pay pal accoutn with the pre paid cc what name do you use? I got a recent reply from Pay Pal stating:

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

You may add another credit card on your PayPal account under a different
name for as long as you have the same last name. When you go under the
credit card section and you will add another credit card, you will see
that the last name is being grayed out and the first name field is the
one that can only be changed.

If the credit card is under a totally different name, it would not be
advisable for you to add that card in your profile as most of the card
issuers would decline the request to use the card.
Old 06-19-2010

Another card you can now use is the prepaid mastercard from woolworth/safeway. Costs $2.95 for the card and min amount of loading $20AU. Works for both payla and ebay, then you just need a bank account to complete verification in paypal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackhorse For This Useful Post:
sia (06-20-2010)
Old 06-20-2010

Smile Pre-Paid Gift Card

whatever name you used on your new ebay registration you put as your card name. Ebay cannot check if the card number and name matches up jsut that it is an active card. Same goes for paypal.
Old 06-20-2010

Do I have to use the same name and details as in ebay when creating a Pay Pal stealth Account?
Old 06-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@sia, yes. It is important to have matching ebay/paypal details.

This note from paypal you mention all the time is just to deter people from being stealth. It's a little game they play. It's OK ( at the moment ) to have a different name. If you use a virtual card for stealth purposes you just put the ebay name down. That way you've done just what paypal asked lol.
sia (06-20-2010)