My first return request on an item listed as no returns accepted - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-06-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default My first return request on an item listed as no returns accepted

Hi everyone!

I've recently started selling on eBay, 2-3 months ago.

I've sold a used PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), which was in working condition when removed.
As an end-user I have no ways to test its status, and I've clearly stated this in the auction.

Following was the item condition: “Item was removed from a working car wash system. I have no accessibility or knowledge to test it, but it was working fine at the time of the removal.”

Also in the listing: "I don't have any knowledge or skills to test the item, but it was working fine before removal. Therefore it's sold AS IS, no returns. Thank you for understanding!"

The buyer received it in August 6 and opened a return request on September 5, stating the item's power supply is loud and making noise.

Even though the item did NOT come with a power supply! It was only the PLC, nothing else.

What would you recommend to do to win this case? I can only choose from Accept return, give full refund, give partial refund or send message.

Have you ever experienced similar? How to send this to eBay for investigation?
In the eBay email they state: If you don't resolve this request by 12 sep 2019, you may be required to issue a refund without the item being returned to you.

I've replied to the return 2 messages, but I cannot do anything else.

Thank you for your help!

Update: Just checked, the user has PRIVATE feedback... what a serial scammer

Last edited by nandika; 09-06-2019 at 02:30 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2019

Longevity: 26%
Default Re: My first return request on an item listed as no returns accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandika View Post
Hi everyone!

I've recently started selling on eBay, 2-3 months ago.

I've sold a used PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), which was in working condition when removed.
As an end-user I have no ways to test its status, and I've clearly stated this in the auction.

Following was the item condition: “Item was removed from a working car wash system. I have no accessibility or knowledge to test it, but it was working fine at the time of the removal.”

Also in the listing: "I don't have any knowledge or skills to test the item, but it was working fine before removal. Therefore it's sold AS IS, no returns. Thank you for understanding!"

The buyer received it in August 6 and opened a return request on September 5, stating the item's power supply is loud and making noise.

Even though the item did NOT come with a power supply! It was only the PLC, nothing else.

What would you recommend to do to win this case? I can only choose from Accept return, give full refund, give partial refund or send message.

Have you ever experienced similar? How to send this to eBay for investigation?
In the eBay email they state: If you don't resolve this request by 12 sep 2019, you may be required to issue a refund without the item being returned to you.

I've replied to the return 2 messages, but I cannot do anything else.

Thank you for your help!

Update: Just checked, the user has PRIVATE feedback... what a serial scammer
I can't see what the problem is if it's an auction and the item condition is clear in the description. Normally eBay would side with you in this case. However, if your return address isn't yours you risk losing the whole sale and bringing unwarranted attention to your account. I would offer a partial refund, step over it and forget about it. Not doing this was my downfall on eBay. You need a thick skin dealing with online buyers. Don't forget to block them in preferences.
Old 09-06-2019

Longevity: 52%

My things is this- Anytime that you disagree with a customer, you risk negative feedback. It just depends on how important FB is to you. Even if you're completely in the right, it's almost guaranteed to get negative fb by refusing a return.
Old 09-06-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Your description just come to this-you have no way to test this but you are selling it as if it could work.
So buyer is filing INAD as it does not work,you can either give him a return shipping label and refund in full WHEN returned or just refund him and forget the return.
The only time buyer cannot open a case of INAD is if you list in a category called parts and salvage.
But then what if you ship him a rock instead of a non working laptop,can he file INAD?
Ebay buyers are cheapskate,they fish for things they need hoping it will work and save them money,so dont lead them on by saying things like it was working or it may work or pot luck today !
Old 09-06-2019

Longevity: 68%

There is no such category as "parts and salvage" and if you list an item "for parts/repair" absolutely a buyer can open a SNAD case and by default they WILL decide in buyers favor.

The only way to win this type of case is to call eBay. 9 times out of 10 they will say "you need to wait 3 business days before they can escalate, etc..". Try calling. If they say no then you need to wait the 3 days but it is very important you call eBay as soon as they open the 4th day and they will usually close this kind of case in your favor.

It is very clear since you say there was no power supply and the buyer claims the power supply is not working, etc... that this is a buyer remorse return.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Your description just come to this-you have no way to test this but you are selling it as if it could work.
So buyer is filing INAD as it does not work,you can either give him a return shipping label and refund in full WHEN returned or just refund him and forget the return.
The only time buyer cannot open a case of INAD is if you list in a category called parts and salvage.
But then what if you ship him a rock instead of a non working laptop,can he file INAD?
Ebay buyers are cheapskate,they fish for things they need hoping it will work and save them money,so dont lead them on by saying things like it was working or it may work or pot luck today !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cafonabob For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (09-07-2019), nickopedia (09-07-2019)
Old 09-07-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

It does not end there,buyer can go to Paypal and then his cc issuer,it is up to Ebay if it will protect you.
no return means seller does not want the item back.