Action Required: *eBay name*, please register for managed payments - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-11-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Action Required: *eBay name*, please register for managed payments

Hi
My stealth account just got this email from eBay asking me to register managed payments.

Is this something I need to do or is it just a suggestion by eBay and I can ignore?

If I am required to register, is there any concern or work around I have to do?
I am just not sure what this thing is.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Action Required: *eBay name*, please register for managed payments

It's going to be mandatory very soon but according to another member who posted this morning, eBay told them through a chat session that it's not mandatory quite yet. It was in another thread with a similar title.

I got the same thing on two accounts. I'm kinda worried about it because I already had to give up my personal info when I went through the application on the 1 account I already have in. I have different EIN/LLC info for the other two accounts that got that message last night.. but I already know they're going to want my name and SSN to go along with those. I guess I'll see how it plays out over the next few weeks.

There's not really any special precautions you need to take.. just give them what they ask for. If you're using an LLC they'll want to know who owns it and your bank name needs to match your eBay name for payouts.
Old 09-11-2019
Threadstarter  

My stealth account is using an LLC too.
So they still want a SSN. Could I provide a family member's SSN who doesn't live with us?

Do I ignore this eBay email and take no action?
Old 09-11-2019

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It's going to be mandatory very soon but according to another member who posted this morning, eBay told them through a chat session that it's not mandatory quite yet. It was in another thread with a similar title.

I got the same thing on two accounts. I'm kinda worried about it because I already had to give up my personal info when I went through the application on the 1 account I already have in. I have different EIN/LLC info for the other two accounts that got that message last night.. but I already know they're going to want my name and SSN to go along with those. I guess I'll see how it plays out over the next few weeks.

There's not really any special precautions you need to take.. just give them what they ask for. If you're using an LLC they'll want to know who owns it and your bank name needs to match your eBay name for payouts.
Does ebay have any of our SSN's on the banned accounts? I thought it was paypal who needed the SSN when you sign up? Ebay shouldn't have the info anyway, and Adyen is the one collecting the info, correct?
Old 09-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtyle View Post
My stealth account is using an LLC too.
So they still want a SSN. Could I provide a family member's SSN who doesn't live with us?

Do I ignore this eBay email and take no action?
You might as well go ahead and do the application since it's going to be mandatory soon anyway. Ignoring them at this point would just make it look more suspicious when you are forced to apply, IMO.

I don't think giving a family member's SSN would work, but I don't know. It's been suggested here that eBay is checking into state websites to verify LLC owners, at least when they have doubts. I used my real name + SSN when I upgraded my account, then eBay switched the personal details on my account and let me in.
Old 09-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Well, I can't remember if I ever gave eBay my own SSN for the suspended real account. But my wife said she didn't give hers before so technically we could use our SSN but they don't match the business names on the LLC/eBay.
Old 09-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

If you gave anybody your SSN before it would have been Paypal, not eBay. Ebay never asked for SSN before they launched MP.
Old 09-11-2019

Longevity: 44%

Setup s business bank account now in the same name as your eBay store name. Ayden shouid pass it and ask for a bank statement from that new business account .. they are looking for the business bank account name to match your eBay storr name.
Old 09-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect View Post
Setup s business bank account now in the same name as your eBay store name. Ayden shouid pass it and ask for a bank statement from that new business account .. they are looking for the business bank account name to match your eBay storr name.
It's your business name on file with eBay that needs to match your bank account, not your eBay store name. All of my business accounts still have the original username they had when I purchased them here years ago.. I just added LLC info for tax purposes.

They're looking for the name on your bank account to match the legal name of your company that you give eBay during the application. An eBay account that gives the business name "Johns Supplies LLC" should be linked to a business bank account made by "Johns Supplies LLC".
Old 09-11-2019

Quote:
It's your business name on file with eBay that needs to match your bank account, not your eBay store name. All of my business accounts still have the original username they had when I purchased them here years ago.. I just added LLC info for tax purposes.

They're looking for the name on your bank account to match the legal name of your company that you give eBay during the application. An eBay account that gives the business name "Johns Supplies LLC" should be linked to a business bank account made by "Johns Supplies LLC".
That’s easy enough as it’s the business bank account that hasn’t been made yet... just make to the specs of the eBay account.

The trouble which now shouldn’t be the issue is the EBay name that can’t be changed which is the stealth name behind the business name .. now that’s something you can’t make for ye business bank as that’s still gotta be in your real name. So it’s just a case of entering your eBay business name along with your real name in the business bank account.

Last edited by yellowprintdirect; 09-11-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
You might as well go ahead and do the application since it's going to be mandatory soon anyway. Ignoring them at this point would just make it look more suspicious when you are forced to apply, IMO.

I don't think giving a family member's SSN would work, but I don't know. It's been suggested here that eBay is checking into state websites to verify LLC owners, at least when they have doubts. I used my real name + SSN when I upgraded my account, then eBay switched the personal details on my account and let me in.
If they simply switch your Ebay account details to match the information you put in for MP, I wonder if they would simply switch the Ebay name to the LLC entered for MP also? There's so much to learn on this subject before I would switch over voluntarily. Yankee provided some information on these forums on this very subject, hopefully he'll chime in with additional information and thoughts. Once someone has gone through MP "every which way but loose" and outlines a plan of action to sucessfully convert stealth accounts to MP, a new MP creation guide at $20 a pop would be the number one seller in the marketplace! One can hope and dream for such a useful tool as we're all going to need it sooner than later.
Old 09-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you gave anybody your SSN before it would have been Paypal, not eBay. Ebay never asked for SSN before they launched MP.
Sounds good then. Should we keep our SSN though as this account is stealth and using a LLC name not matching our names. I would rather open up an account with my real information like name, address, etc if I want to use my SSN. Thoughs on this?
Old 09-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Does this apply to business accounts only? or to personal ones as well? Cause from all I know in the years Ive been working stealth accounts they have no way to check and see the name of a bank account holder.
Old 09-11-2019
Threadstarter  

I am gonna wait sometime to act on this...kind of scary if it affects my eBay business as I only have 1 selling account atm and when I try it I will see if giving the EIN of the LLC will be enough

Last edited by xtyle; 09-11-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2019
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:

They're looking at your banking business account name? That doesn't make sense, are you sure about this ?
Old 09-11-2019
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Does this apply to business accounts only? or to personal ones as well? Cause from all I know in the years Ive been working stealth accounts they have no way to check and see the name of a bank account holder.
Agreed, I didn't think that was possible.
Old 09-11-2019

Longevity: 63%

I am in managed payments. I used real name. Over weekend I hit the threshold to ask to update bank info.
The name on bank account had to match name on eBay account.
My eBay only had first and last name. Bank account had middle initial. I had to add middle initial to eBay account and provide bank statement. After a couple hours it cleared through there system and I was all good again.
I have heard I will have to provide bank statement again at 10 thousand in sales
It did give me 4 weeks to update bank while account would be on hold and after that if not updated account would be suspended. I done it as soon as I got the notification email to do so
You are still able to sell but not get payouts until the info has cleared through ebay
The Following User Says Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (09-12-2019)
Old 09-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
I am in managed payments. I used real name. Over weekend I hit the threshold to ask to update bank info.
My eBay only had first and last name. Bank account had middle initial. I had to add middle initial to eBay account and provide bank statement. After a couple hours it cleared through there system and I was all good again.
I have heard I will have to provide bank statement again at 10 thousand in sales
It did give me 4 weeks to update bank while account would be on hold and after that if not updated account would be suspended. I done it as soon as I got the notification email to do so
You are still able to sell but not get payouts until the info has cleared through ebay
With this info
I can open a bank business account with matching LLC name and give that to eBay when the time comes to applying for MP.

Just to be safe I will open the business bank account ASAP.

Last edited by xtyle; 09-11-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
I just looked at the MP and started filling it out and stopped. I have a multiple member ( I am the only partner) LLC/EIN with a matching bank account for my LLC. They are still asking for my Name, Address, Birthdate, SSN. They want to know who has 25% or more shares in the LLC which of course is me. I do have a new address since being banned years ago. The phone number is different, computer and ip is different, address is different, bank account and business is different. I am having pp issues with the mismatch crap for the third year in a row, so have to do something now. I have an eby biz account with the LLC info on it, all matching. I am hoping for the best that they don't link this. I don't think eby would have ever had my SSN or Birthdate, but not sure on that one. Any advise?
Old 09-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtyle View Post
With this info
I can open a bank business account with matching LLC name and give that to eBay when the time comes to applying for MP.

Just to be safe I will open the business bank account ASAP.
They are still asking for the name, address, birthdate, SSN, after giving them the LLC/EIN. I didn't even get to the bank account info (LLC bank account matches), and just stopped filling it out. Not sure what to do now....grrrrr.
Old 09-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc104 View Post
They are still asking for the name, address, birthdate, SSN, after giving them the LLC/EIN. I didn't even get to the bank account info (LLC bank account matches), and just stopped filling it out. Not sure what to do now....grrrrr.
You’re giving Ayden all real info just don’t change anything on your eBay Stealth. It’s only the business bank that has to match that of the eBay business name.
The Following User Says Thank You to yellowprintdirect For This Useful Post:
bjc104 (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
Can you explain this in more detail and also provide the messages they sent to you requesting this?