Got the action required email for MP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 09-10-2019

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 52%
Default Got the action required email for MP

First off, dont do like I did and go and sign up immediately. I logged into another account I have and had the same email. I decided to consult chat if it is truly mandatory. The agent said it was not mandatory at this point.

So, back to original issue. I took the email as an urgent need and signed up for managed payments. The account is an llc/ein account I have had for years and a mega selling account. I filed it under MP as llc multi-member with the original information and ein. But on the second page asking for a 25 percent owner, I used real information initially not provided for the account. I added my info and new bank account. I really dont think this is going to work. Any experience on this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Got the action required email for MP

Worked for me but I didn't do multi member LLC (because mine are only single member).

What ended up happening is they updated the personal info on my account after I sent in the application. Nothing bad came of it.. they just updated the name on my account.

Now, what I'm really concerned about is trying to do the same thing on my other business accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
lyl797 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

That is pretty much how it works.
Old 09-11-2019

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefever17 View Post
First off, dont do like I did and go and sign up immediately. I logged into another account I have and had the same email. I decided to consult chat if it is truly mandatory. The agent said it was not mandatory at this point.

So, back to original issue. I took the email as an urgent need and signed up for managed payments. The account is an llc/ein account I have had for years and a mega selling account. I filed it under MP as llc multi-member with the original information and ein. But on the second page asking for a 25 percent owner, I used real information initially not provided for the account. I added my info and new bank account. I really dont think this is going to work. Any experience on this?
I also have a partnership llc, but I am the only partner at this time. What did you mean about the 25 percent owner? I am having the non matching paypal crap, and really want to do this shortly. Did they ask for SS's years ago? Just wondering if that is even an issue
Old 09-11-2019

Longevity: 88%

I got this too, and I have multiple eBay accounts.
Don't know if this would work, but here's how I figure....

I am gonna create DBA names under my LLC to match all my eBay accounts then get different EINs for these DBA names, using these DBA names to open bank accounts, then come back to eBay to go for MP ....

Do you think this will work for multiple eBay accounts ?

Any advice ?
Old 09-11-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl797 View Post
I got this too, and I have multiple eBay accounts.
Don't know if this would work, but here's how I figure....

I am gonna create DBA names under my LLC to match all my eBay accounts then get different EINs for these DBA names, using these DBA names to open bank accounts, then come back to eBay to go for MP ....

Do you think this will work for multiple eBay accounts ?

Any advice ?
It's not a bad idea. We'll need to hear from an expert on business entity creation to know if one LLC can have multiple DBA umbrella accounts under it with separate EIN's, unique addresses, phone numbers, etc.to avoid linking. I hear Ebay and/or Adyen is checking business owner info, so creating these in the few states that provide privacy would be a must.
Old 09-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Worked for me but I didn't do multi member LLC (because mine are only single member).

What ended up happening is they updated the personal info on my account after I sent in the application. Nothing bad came of it.. they just updated the name on my account.

Now, what I'm really concerned about is trying to do the same thing on my other business accounts.
Did your single member llc match your account name? Or were they different?
Old 09-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc104 View Post
I also have a partnership llc, but I am the only partner at this time. What did you mean about the 25 percent owner? I am having the non matching paypal crap, and really want to do this shortly. Did they ask for SS's years ago? Just wondering if that is even an issue
The second page came up after filing out the original account information for multi-member. The description mentions who is the 25 percent owner of the llc.
The Following User Says Thank You to vettefever17 For This Useful Post:
bjc104 (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019

Quote:
The second page came up after filing out the original account information for multi-member. The description mentions who is the 25 percent owner of the llc.
Did you put yourself as the 25% partner? I am the only partner, and just wondering how they came up with 25% to begin with. This is nerve wracking....
Old 09-11-2019

Quote:

The information you added on the second page is your real information, and that was banned? I am struggling with the second page, as they want the personal information and LLC, which kind of defeats the purpose of the LLC. I have a new address, but everything else the same. Hopefully it will work since ebay never had birth dates or SSN's in the past, so they won't link. My name is the same, but address has changed, which is also the same as the LLC. Any thoughts?
Old 09-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The information you added on the second page is your real information, and that was banned? I am struggling with the second page, as they want the personal information and LLC, which kind of defeats the purpose of the LLC. I have a new address, but everything else the same. Hopefully it will work since ebay never had birth dates or SSN's in the past, so they won't link. My name is the same, but address has changed, which is also the same as the LLC. Any thoughts?
No ban, yet. The account name changed to my real name. I have pending purchases from today. If you choose the multi-owner llc, they will want to know who holds the lions share. I dont think there is any way around it. I cant think of any way ebay would have my ssn, unless they purged paypal data. Then, I cant remember me giving them that.
Old 09-12-2019
Threadstarter  

I will be honest of what I suspect deep down about this transition. I think eBay is trying to bring in their big boy accounts and let them pass verification. They know who has sold a long time versus low sales and turnover. I hope it works out for everyone, but I believe they have looked at certain accounts for the "invitation period".
The Following User Says Thank You to vettefever17 For This Useful Post:
cafonabob (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

This is quite interesting vettefever17
Old 09-12-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
You'd be fine. I didn't get in trouble and I've had my personal info "banned" on eBay years ago.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
bjc104 (09-12-2019), Sausage (02-27-2020)
Old 09-12-2019

Longevity: 63%
Lightbulb Re: Got the action required email for MP

Quote:
I know eBay never had social. However I am almost confidant that when making new eBay account last year I had to give birthdate as well.
It's possible birthdate was required so when they tried to verify us to get limits raised etc they would likely need birthdate to Target a more complete verification when answering there questions.
When I called in to get limits raised they ask me a number of questions and I had to answer a number of them correctly.
My name is a common name. Most of the choice of answers were answers I was able to answer correctly.
I just don't think all questions would have data I would know without them having birthdate.
I did get verified and also limits raised then. Since then my limits get raised from time to time. I no longer call in. I don't sell enough to even closely get near my limit.

But I had a previous banned account and my answering correctly did not link me to the banned account
Old 09-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
I know eBay never had social. However I am almost confidant that when making new eBay account last year I had to give birthdate as well.
It's possible birthdate was required so when they tried to verify us to get limits raised etc they would likely need birthdate to Target a more complete verification when answering there questions.
When I called in to get limits raised they ask me a number of questions and I had to answer a number of them correctly.
My name is a common name. Most of the choice of answers were answers I was able to answer correctly.
I just don't think all questions would have data I would know without them having birthdate.
I did get verified and also limits raised then. Since then my limits get raised from time to time. I no longer call in. I don't sell enough to even closely get near my limit.

But I had a previous banned account and my answering correctly did not link me to the banned account
How long does it take to get approved and actually starting on the MP?
Old 09-13-2019

Quote:
Same day for me.
Was a super easy process
Old 09-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
Same day for me.
Was a super easy process

Same here.
Old 09-13-2019

Quote:
Nothing changed except how I get payments. It changed my listings over to correct payment methods for buyers
It said depending on. How many listing there is it can take some time, however mine was all very quickly as I did not have a lot of listings at that time.
It took about 5 days to receive my first payment to the bank.
I am very happy on managed payments.
Since being on managed payments I have many more sales but it's because I have added new things I normally wasn't selling prior
The Following User Says Thank You to leighanns520 For This Useful Post:
bjc104 (09-13-2019)
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
This is such a great point. Why go through all the LLC hoops when you have to give all real info to Adyen anyway? I know some have given ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but why do that when you will incur the same Paypal problems later on. Why not start off right. Why not just sign up with real info as an individual. Ebay/Ayden has you update to match real name anyway so names can be mismatched initially and then you just have to say ok to update to real name. No one on here has had a problem with giving real information. What I would like to know is once you get close to $20,000 then will they require you to add an EIN which of course is no big deal. My ebay account is a business account so technically I can change any info on there anyway first if I wanted to. I think it is better though to have ebay/Adyen ask to Ok an update to real name though.
Old 12-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenie View Post
This is such a great point. Why go through all the LLC hoops when you have to give all real info to Adyen anyway? I know some have given ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but why do that when you will incur the same Paypal problems later on. Why not start off right. Why not just sign up with real info as an individual. Ebay/Ayden has you update to match real name anyway so names can be mismatched initially and then you just have to say ok to update to real name. No one on here has had a problem with giving real information. What I would like to know is once you get close to $20,000 then will they require you to add an EIN which of course is no big deal. My ebay account is a business account so technically I can change any info on there anyway first if I wanted to. I think it is better though to have ebay/Adyen ask to Ok an update to real name though.
Interesting insight.