MC019 eBay Listing Removed - What do I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-11-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default MC019 eBay Listing Removed - What do I do?

Dear xxxxxx(xxxxxx@xxxx.com),

Thank you for your recent listing on eBay. Unfortunately, we removed the following item(s):

010101010101 - DVD SET
010101010101 - DVD SET

The following information may help explain the reason for your listing(s) removal:

You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

Your eBay fees for this item have been credited to your account. All bidders on this item have been notified of its cancellation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Repeated violations of this or other eBay policies may result in the suspension of your account.

- Community members have expressed concern with the authenticity of previous items
- Insufficient description of the item or no photos of the item

eBay understands that it can be frustrating to have a listing removed. If you have further questions, you can take the following steps:

- Take eBay's brief tutorial on Intellectual Property Policies and VeRO. To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit: eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO
- Read the ended listings FAQ at eBay: Redirect
- Ask eBay a question using the link on the above help page

Your listing(s) may be eligible for relisting through My eBay. If your listing is eligible, you will see the listing in your Unsold Items page within My eBay. Listings that are not eligible for relisting will not be visible in the Unsold Items page.

To relist your item, log in to eBay, go to My eBay to your Unsold items, and select the item that was canceled -- it's highlighted with a yellow banner. Before relisting, please make any changes necessary to ensure that your revised listing is in compliance with the law and eBay policies. You might want to check your other listings for similar violations as well.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

H53932
----------------
That's the exact message I got (private information removed). They didn't tell me what I even violated and suspended me for 7 days. I called ebay support, the woman said it could be because a vero member reported something. I know its not my descriptions or images because they're both top notch. The ebay tech kinda hinted that it could be because I had problems in the past with other listings. These 2 items I listed have never gotten any complaints from customers, so it's like they're hanging me for previously unsubstantiated claims and I stopped selling the old products cause I realized they were crappy but now its like I'm on their hit list and I can't get away. I sent an email to vero in the hope that I could issue a counter-notice. This is what I got back, two canned responses;

BS reply #1

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting eBay in regard to your removed listings:

010101010101 - DVD SET
010101010101 - DVD SET

With regard to your item, I understand your concern about the listing
that we removed. Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly why it was
removed for security reasons. But I took another look at it, and I see
that we removed it because it had certain things in common with listings
that aren't allowed on eBay. Because of this, we won't be able to
restore the listing. The selling restriction will automatically be
lifted 7 days after the removal of these listings.

Please understand that it's against eBay policy to sell counterfeit or
unauthorized items. It's also illegal. We remove listings that violate
our policies.

-- Related Link --

Replica, Counterfeit Items, and Unauthorized Copies policy:
Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,
Yuri

eBay Customer Support

BS Reply #2

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your removed listings.

I apologize that you were informed otherwise, though our records
indicate that a rights owner was not involved with the removal of your
listings.

For a safer trading experience, eBay may remove certain listings. The
following factors were considered in removing your items:

- Community members have expressed concern with the authenticity of
previous items
- Insufficient description of the item or no photos of the item

To help you create more successful listings going forward, we encourage
you to review the site page Selling with Improved Results at:

Selling with improved results

Please also take time to review our policies:

Rules for listings – Overview
Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Aidan
eBay Customer Support

-END BS Replies

So I'm at a loss, they won't tell me what I've done wrong how I can fix what I may have done wrong or even if I've done anything wrong. They suspended me purely on supposition. One of the items I was selling was a major seller and I killed the competition on the price because I would always undercut them by 10-15$, so I know I was stealing some business, but hey thats business. I want to relist again and I plan to, but something tells me that I'm being targeted and it won't matter if I sell different dvd's or different products. They got me in their sites for that ebay account. I have a new account but it's slow going, I can't make the same money as quickly with no feedback. Any suggestions on how I can get around this or is my old account just plain screwed???

THANKS!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I believe you can still make just as much money with 0 feedback. I have done it plenty of times selling media such as dvds.
Old 09-11-2009

Longevity: 85%

If there is no mention of a studio or copyright owner mentioned in their reason for removing listing then its been another seller who has reported you, probably due to your lower pricing, i have come accross this many times and can be frustrating
Old 09-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
So I'm at a loss, they won't tell me what I've done wrong how I can fix what I may have done wrong or even if I've done anything wrong. They suspended me purely on supposition. One of the items I was selling was a major seller and I killed the competition on the price because I would always undercut them by 10-15$, so I know I was stealing some business, but hey thats business. I want to relist again and I plan to, but something tells me that I'm being targeted and it won't matter if I sell different dvd's or different products

A competitor has got revenge on you because you undercut him. But hey that's business. That's the likely reasons for the takedown. You can 'speak' by email to ebay for years & get no further ahead. What you need to do now is fight back.... read the forum, find the tricks. There are two sub-forouns, auction listings & veRo that will interest you: many other users have had similar expereniences with this suspension
Old 09-11-2009

Longevity: 86%
Send a message via Skype™ to gurik20

If you receive this massage after few hours it mines that "ebay machine found you". To resolve this problem do not fill up all description just fill up condition like brand new or used. Some times it it can be title problem, do not write "DVD" in title
Old 09-11-2009

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

As you mentioned that you list price is less than others.So the reason should be that they reported you to ebay.

I'm not sure whether the products you list(DVD?) are auothrised.If so,you may provide the information that can proof it in your desciption.Don't copy other people's stock images to as yours.Don't copy other sellers desciption either.

That way you will be good to keep doing the business.But if you are selling the unauothrised products.~~I don't know what to say.Raise your product the same as the other sellers.They might will not take action on you.
Old 09-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

Thanks for the responses. My items are all authorized and legit. eBay hasn't made any claims otherwise and my descriptions are not taken from other sellers on ebay. I usually just take stock descriptions for my dvd's like whats on the back of the dvd case along with the specs. My images I get from my supplier, whom I know wouldn't give a **** if I used them cause I make them tons of cash. This is so frustrating because I don't know exactly what the problem is so I don't know how to fight back.

Thanks anyway guys
Old 09-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Now you will find out because you have joined the forum. No stock photos, your own wording: seems that your listing is what might be attracting the pesky bots.

As I recommended read those subforums. The answers YOU want are there. Look for them. See what you understand and then ask questions again.
Old 09-16-2009
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

would you still ship an item that's paid for but got MC019 after the listing ended?
Old 09-21-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by saijin View Post
would you still ship an item that's paid for but got MC019 after the listing ended?
I would for as long as the payment is cleared.