Anyone ever use American express gift cards - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-05-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Arrow Anyone ever use American express gift cards

We are setting up new accounts and have read on here green dot is not working with paypal now. At the local cvs they have american express gift cards that cost 3.95.Has anyone here tried using one of those to set up a new ebay or paypal account.thanx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-05-2007

hi, I did use my $25 amex gift card I bought from safeway supermarket to set up both ebay account and paypal account. it was working but, that account stiill got suspended after a moth of good selling... not sure why, you think amex has something to do with it? but it's a giftcard it has no info on me...?
Old 08-06-2007

Longevity: 98%

The best card to use hands down is the Visa All Access gift card. It's one of the only ones you can just go online and register.
There is another Visa called Vanilla which you have to call up and register.
The same is with the Amex; it's kind of a pain to have to find the number to call and register your John Doe name, but it does work, I've used them a few times.
I must be on my 100th ebay account by now. The worst is when it gets blocked like 11 at night! Most places do not sell the card after that time so I have to wait until the next morning to get another.
Old 08-06-2007
Threadstarter  

So you can just go to the store ,buy one of the all access gift cards,go online and register the card ,put in your john doe name and address then use that info and card to register your seller account.
Does the gift card require a ss number like the reloadable one does.Will they accept a bogus ss number.Thanx alot
Old 08-06-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufrain View Post
So you can just go to the store ,buy one of the all access gift cards,go online and register the card ,put in your john doe name and address then use that info and card to register your seller account.
Does the gift card require a ss number like the reloadable one does.Will they accept a bogus ss number.Thanx alot

Yea, what dufrain said.
I would like to know what are the best cards to use and what major stores/outlets are they available at?
Also is there a way to have funds from your sales transferred to the gift card?...like using a checkout service or alternative to Paypal and what types of rates to they charge?
What do you do when the initial amount is spent and you are using this card to pay your seller fees? Is there a fee whenn funds are added or withdrawn from the card.
Thanks for all the help, I wish I had found this site sooner!
Old 08-06-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Yea, what dufrain said.
I would like to know what are the best cards to use and what major stores/outlets are they available at?
Also is there a way to have funds from your sales transferred to the gift card?...like using a checkout service or alternative to Paypal and what types of rates to they charge?
What do you do when the initial amount is spent and you are using this card to pay your seller fees? Is there a fee whenn funds are added or withdrawn from the card.
Thanks for all the help, I wish I had found this site sooner!
Well there's google and bidpay but each have their own problems. No service is perfect.
Old 08-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsack View Post
Well there's google and bidpay but each have their own problems. No service is perfect.
Care to elaborate?
Old 09-02-2007

Thumbs up

can you post the customer service number for vanilla card so we can register the card for online purchases (with address info)?

thanks!
Old 09-02-2007

www.vanillavisa.com but its just like amex and dosent have the name or addy associated with it so you can t use it like a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cc to register a seller acct.
Old 09-02-2007
Threadstarter  

anotherebayhater Do all access cards still work to make new ebay accounts ,I saw on here some people were having trouble with them,thanx
Old 09-02-2007

i ordered three a few days ago to set up new accts i havent recived them yet but ill update when i do/ also i dont order from all accesss. but i do use the giftcards you can attach ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info to
Old 09-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fabricator View Post
There is another Visa called Vanilla which you have to call up and register.
The same is with the Amex; it's kind of a pain to have to find the number to call and register your John Doe name, but it does work, I've used them a few times.
I must be on my 100th ebay account by now. The worst is when it gets blocked like 11 at night! Most places do not sell the card after that time so I have to wait until the next morning to get another.
Okay I called the vanilla visa domain registration number and they transferred me to a real person at Vanilla Visa (as the phone number on the website is only an automated number). The real person told me flat out that: The card is not active for online, they cannot activate it for online, they cannot assign a name address, phone number, zip code, etc. and their cards do not work online and there is nothing I can do. The cards get nothing but declines online even without any address verification codes or card code checks.
Old 09-10-2007

Longevity: 99%

works like a charm to me...
Old 09-10-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Okay I called the vanilla visa domain registration number and they transferred me to a real person at Vanilla Visa (as the phone number on the website is only an automated number). The real person told me flat out that: The card is not active for online, they cannot activate it for online, they cannot assign a name address, phone number, zip code, etc. and their cards do not work online and there is nothing I can do. The cards get nothing but declines online even without any address verification codes or card code checks.
The same was told to me.
Old 09-10-2007
Banned

I just used mines online yesterday
Old 09-11-2007

Like I said, All Access Giftcard is the way to go. With Vanilla and Amex you have to call and register your info.
Old 01-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

I read the posts here. Did not see the question answered. Do they work? I got a bunch of them around my area. Are they able to be assigned to an adress?
Old 01-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Vanilla works fine online just not at every merchant.
Old 01-29-2008
Banned

Longevity: 94%

I can sell you my account so you don't have to waste the time of doing this, you will get suspend again if you are using gift card or vcc I am sure. PM me for more details
Old 03-13-2009

Longevity: 90%

VanillaMastercard.com lets you register info easily online now..... its all I use and I've used like 20 successfully for ebay and pp

Plus they sell them everywhere here now... the drug store i saw them with all the other 'gift cards' trend

I am in Canada but it shows they have it usa too the vanilla mastercard

It's nice cause you can use one set of name address then go back and change to a different one with the same number easily
The Following User Says Thank You to chostin For This Useful Post:
pleasehelpme (05-11-2009)
Old 03-13-2009

Longevity: 95%

I read somewhere that Vanilla didnt work for ebay maybes its changed. But amex giftcards work fine for ebay and even paypal accounts to gain expanded use numbers
Old 03-13-2009

Longevity: 91%

True, I lifted my 500 limit on PP with Amex gift card the other day with no problem.