Issue with adding bank and security check on brand new 2 year old accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 08-26-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Issue with adding bank and security check on brand new 2 year old accounts

So I never had this issue before. it seems PayPal is getting tough on adding bank accounts. So I had bunch of two year old accounts that fresh I never did anything on. Fresh banks accounts and for some reason I am getting a security check which they need to verify public record or they limit the access when I add bank by manual process. These accounts were brought on forum 2 years ago. Never did anything with them until now. I forgot to mention I had bank accounts added on these accounts before but it was 2 years ago on these accounts but never did anything with them. I was trying to add a fresh bank account.

Any help would be great or advice. I just started again with the stealth. Need to add more stealth to my holdings. The stealths I current ran have lasted since 2010.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Issue with adding bank and security check on brand new 2 year old accounts

Btw I am talking about the USA.
Old 08-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Issue with adding bank and security check on brand new 2 year old accounts

Quite a few members have had this issue, including me. Paypal purposely makes it more difficult to add a bank account to older Paypal accounts because it doesn't look like something natural that a regular user would do.

There's two workarounds that I've seen tossed around on this forum:
1) Add a VCC to your account. Then wait a month and try to add the bank account again. If you're lucky, Paypal will ask you to verify your full CC (VCC) # as a means of verification and will let you add the bank account afterwards.
2) Call in, give the automated phone system your account + routing #, and have the bank account added that way.

Personally I've had success with #2 but it was several years ago now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
cafonabob (09-23-2019), JamesNorth101 (08-26-2019), littleredengine07 (08-26-2019), nickopedia (08-26-2019), nodeal (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

If you have previously added a bank onto the account, then adding a second bank triggers this security request.

Adding onto what phazors said, also add a working phone number. Sometimes their verification changes and you can bypass it by having an email sent + text message to your phone. My accounts seem to be switching back and forth between 3 types of verifications:

1. allowing me to verify via confirming vcc + text, 2. email code + text, 3. Email code + requiring database questions be answered.

Not sure what triggers one request vs the other, there really seems to be no consistency behind it that I can find. I will have an account that asks to send a text + email code, then I will just let it sit to the side without adding a bank or doing anything, and then 1 month later that same account will now require me to receive an email code + answer database questions to add the bank.

When going through old pay pals, some need database questions answered, while others just let me receive a text. But nothing is constant, one month later all accounts might need database questions, or just a text message. It is very strange.

As mentioned above, try your luck with calling in to have it added through the manual system. That can work as well, I have had success recently. However, from what I experienced, if you get the "We can't process your request, please try again later" message when adding a bank, then calling in to add a bank will not work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (08-26-2019), phaz0rz (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019
Threadstarter  

It looks like my old accounts are toasted. Times really change fast. FYI I experimented with my old accounts for the instant got limited in 1 minute. This is kind of concerning. I feel they are positioning themselves to be payment processor which means more verification and problems ahead.They losing the eBay contract in 2020-2021 to Ayden.
Never understood them making so hard for average sellers to sell. Even traditional payment processors don't care that much as long as it's not a chargeback.
Thanks for all the great info guys.appreciated it.
Old 08-26-2019
Threadstarter  

@phaz0rz and @nodeal. Need your opinion. Should I just call it a day with these 2 year old accounts. I don't have the numbers anymore but just emails. I don't want to end up wasting anymore valuable time and resources such as Bank accounts/VPN. Start fresh with new accounts?
Old 08-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

I would try phaz0rz first suggestion if I was in yours. It may not work, but its worth a try for a nicely aged account IMO.
Old 08-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
@phaz0rz and @nodeal. Need your opinion. Should I just call it a day with these 2 year old accounts. I don't have the numbers anymore but just emails. I don't want to end up wasting anymore valuable time and resources such as Bank accounts/VPN. Start fresh with new accounts?
Call PayPal using a spoof service so your number shows as the same one registered to your account. Go through the automated system to have your bank added (no need to talk to an actual rep, at least not here in the states).

If this does not work, then on at least one these accounts I would add a VCC (make sure you confirm it), and a phone number (make sure you confirm it). Wait a week and see what happens when you go to add a bank from your account again.

If it still doesn't work, put the account to the side, log in every week or so, browse around build cookies and keep trying each month. In the meantime you can work on other fresh accounts while this one sits on the side. IMO it is worth investing in an active phone number and VCC (both minimal costs).
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

It triggers because you have a 2 year old PP account that you didn't do anything, then you started adding a financial institution "bank" into it.

They wanna make sure it really is you. Don't keep trying over and over again per day.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
stealthnorris (04-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

nodeal said it better than I could have.
Old 08-26-2019

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Quite a few members have had this issue, including me. Paypal purposely makes it more difficult to add a bank account to older Paypal accounts because it doesn't look like something natural that a regular user would do.

There's two workarounds that I've seen tossed around on this forum:
1) Add a VCC to your account. Then wait a month and try to add the bank account again. If you're lucky, Paypal will ask you to verify your full CC (VCC) # as a means of verification and will let you add the bank account afterwards.
2) Call in, give the automated phone system your account + routing #, and have the bank account added that way.

Personally I've had success with #2 but it was several years ago now.
So I have a bank acct attached to a limited paypal with $254 in it and they wont transfer without ID??
Old 08-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I had this problem this week.

I tried to add a Bank Account to an aged account, and I received the Security box asking me to verify via text to my mobile phone.

I kept trying to add it on the same day and eventually it accepted it. I am sure in my case I was lucky. I do think trying over and over again on the same day is risky. In my case I was not bothered if I lost the account.

As others have said, I think it is a case of building up cookies and being patient.

I would retry every week. I would not bin the account.
Old 08-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
So I have a bank acct attached to a limited paypal with $254 in it and they wont transfer without ID??

What do you want me to do?
Old 08-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
It triggers because you have a 2 year old PP account that you didn't do anything, then you started adding a financial institution "bank" into it.

The key thing here is not the age of the account, it is that OP had a bank previously attached to these accounts. Not that age and inactivity doesn't cause its own set of problems, but if you are trying to add a second bank to the account, this security verification problem is guaranteed to occur whether the account is new or old.
The Following User Says Thank You to nodeal For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-26-2019
Threadstarter  

thanks nodeal. Yeah I wonder if you use these accounts for buying. Then attach it. You think it will trigger a security check. Its really ridiculous. No security checks when you buys stuff. As soon as you sell stuff omg its damn Fort Knox. It's absolutely absurd. I am looking to try out a few things with these ones. Will keep everyone updated. but it seems 2 screwpals in RIP. Asking for ID.
Old 08-26-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

I hear you. They are becoming even more ridiculous.

Adding a new bank to replace an old bank shouldn't be hard, but they find all the excuses in the world to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (09-22-2019)
Old 09-22-2019
Threadstarter  

Give everyone update. So I tried with another batch 2 year olds that haven't been limited or have a BA attached. Still got the instant limited. I am drawing conclusions now that either you have to attach a BA right after the account made or within a month. Is my assumption wrong?
Old 04-23-2021

Activity: 34%
Longevity: 24%

Wondering if anyone can get an updated answer to this problem?

Does adding a VCC and waiting a week to add the new bank account work?
Old 04-26-2021

Activity: 34%
Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
If you have previously added a bank onto the account, then adding a second bank triggers this security request.

Adding onto what phazors said, also add a working phone number. Sometimes their verification changes and you can bypass it by having an email sent + text message to your phone. My accounts seem to be switching back and forth between 3 types of verifications:

1. allowing me to verify via confirming vcc + text, 2. email code + text, 3. Email code + requiring database questions be answered.

Not sure what triggers one request vs the other, there really seems to be no consistency behind it that I can find. I will have an account that asks to send a text + email code, then I will just let it sit to the side without adding a bank or doing anything, and then 1 month later that same account will now require me to receive an email code + answer database questions to add the bank.

When going through old pay pals, some need database questions answered, while others just let me receive a text. But nothing is constant, one month later all accounts might need database questions, or just a text message. It is very strange.

As mentioned above, try your luck with calling in to have it added through the manual system. That can work as well, I have had success recently. However, from what I experienced, if you get the "We can't process your request, please try again later" message when adding a bank, then calling in to add a bank will not work.
I was asked database questions today (5 days after adding VCC)

If i waited a month from now, is there a chance they will verify using text,email or confirm VCC instead of asking the database questions?

Or will it always be database questions from now on?