"Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy it now" not working - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-08-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Re: "Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy it now" not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecolder View Post
Ok, after playing arround all day it looks it is clear what is going on with that error. Would be nice if someone would double ckeck it.

First of all, this is not a problem with ebay or paypal and not about accounts created after september 1st. At least partly.
THIS IS ABOUT YOUR VCC.

Today i have started up for selling on 6 accounts in total. Small items which i later cancelled as i was doing this just for a test. All my EB accounts are registered on ".com". All are 1-4 weeks old. 3x of them has mastercard prepaid on paypal and 3 of them has VISA prepaid.

All EB+PP sets with mastercards worked just fine and allowed to list with "requare immediate payment" with no problem. Even in EB settings tab "paypal account" i can see a link like this:
"Your eBay account is linked to this PayPal account for purchases: X...X@gmail.com Unlink accounts." <---NOTE that there IS your half blanked paypal email.

While all EB+PP sets with VISA on paypal did NOT allowed to list with "requare immediate payment" option. Also on their EB settings there is a note whitch is little bit bifferent:
"Your eBay account is linked to this PayPal account for purchases: Unlink accounts." <---NOTE that there is NOT your half blanked paypal email - just no email at all, just a button which allows to unlink accounts.

Also now tried to link two more EB and PP accounts with VISA but did not listed anything and in EB settings can see a note "Your eBay account is linked to this PayPal account for purchases: Unlink accounts." No half blanked pp email there... I suspect thous are gonna be problematic accounts which will not allow to requare immediate payments.

However two fresh accounts with mastercard but no listings yet says:
"Your eBay account is linked to this PayPal account for purchases: X...X@gmail.com Unlink accounts." and somewhy after today i think thous are going to be good.

Coinsidence or what?!

Some of you could double check this method and post results.
where do you get your mastercard vcc's from?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-08-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⊗⊗⊗⊗nstein View Post
From Kazakhstan bank.
Old 10-08-2019

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Dont bother- chances this method works on DE are slim to non. DE is a very specific website.
Old 10-09-2019

Longevity: 30%

icecolder, can't reply you via PM. I don't have 25 posts yet.
Old 10-09-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecolder View Post
Dont bother- chances this method works on DE are slim to non. DE is a very specific website.

dont works on .de / .es accounts.

So guys what can we do?
Old 10-10-2019

Longevity: 28%

Icecolder where do you get your mastercard vccs?
Old 10-11-2019

Quote:
dont works on .de / .es accounts.
No surprise whatsoever. But method still works if to register on .COM but later chose your own country to nearly any in EU. For sure will not work on DE and under question is UK, but all the rest seems working- tested today.

Also found out this morning there is work-around with VISA too. Worked on 2 accounts but still need some testing. Its just an EB bug which can be bypassed. Will work it out in a next few days and will post results if nobody moves their own a** and share it first.
Old 10-14-2019

Longevity: 28%

Do you reg paypal first and verify it before you link it with ebay account?
Old 10-15-2019

revolut has mastercard vcc
Old 10-15-2019

it happens when you don't verify your paypal with a vba i presume
Old 10-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by azer12622 View Post
it happens when you don't verify your paypal with a vba i presume
Vba's for uk paypal aren't there though...
Old 10-16-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 48%

Has anyone found a solution to this please?
Old 10-16-2019

Longevity: 26%

SOLUTION!!!!

Ok, guys, I have had this very same issue for the last 3 weeks and it has been so frustrating.

I have tried to list several different items and always get the error message that "your email address is not linked to a PayPal account" (or something similar).

I tried linking and unlinking the accounts and even added different email addresses, nothing worked.

I was using a new paypal business account, all verified with no limits so there was no reason it shouldn't have worked.

I have spoke to at least 7 or 8 different customer service reps and they have all been useless, most were unaware of the problem (or pretending to be) although Im sure this must be a well-known issue in the company by now.

The only solution they seem so to have is to untick "require immediate payment", which is just not a feasible option for me.

The tell-tell sign that there was an error was on apparent on the paypal section on ebay: it should display your paypal email address which is linked to ebay....but for some reason the email address wasnt displaying even though the option to unlink it was enabled.

There was just a black space where the email address is supposed to be displayed. The ebay reps confirmed that my paypal account was indeed linked but they didnt know why the email address wasnt displaying.

THE REASON FOR THE ERROR DISCOVERED

After nearly giving up hope I realised the reason for the error...

If your paypal account is relatively new it will not link to ebay successfully and will display the error message "your email address is not linked to a paypal account" etc whenever you try to list an item. It will also not display the email address you have used to link Paypal and ebay.

I unlinked my new paypal account and linked ebay to my old paypal account....and like magic IT WORKS!

I am now able to list items with the "require immediate payment" option ticked.

The paypal page on my ebay account now displays my linked Paypal email address, whereas it wasnt displaying before.

Bottom line, this issue shouldnt be happening on such a big platform as Ebay, but for whatever reason, if your paypal account is relatively new it doesn't seems to work with the "require immediate payment" option

You will have to use an older PayPal account, at least this is what worked for me.

Good luck guys, let me know how you get on with this.
The Following User Says Thank You to elocution For This Useful Post:
DanielPatrick (10-17-2019)
Old 10-16-2019

Interesting. I have the opposite problem in I can't create a policy without immediate pay. Any attempt to create a new one results in a default policy being created with immediate pay being the only option.
Old 10-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by elocution View Post
SOLUTION!!!!

Ok, guys, I have had this very same issue for the last 3 weeks and it has been so frustrating.

I have tried to list several different items and always get the error message that "your email address is not linked to a PayPal account" (or something similar).

I tried linking and unlinking the accounts and even added different email addresses, nothing worked.

I was using a new paypal business account, all verified with no limits so there was no reason it shouldn't have worked.

I have spoke to at least 7 or 8 different customer service reps and they have all been useless, most were unaware of the problem (or pretending to be) although Im sure this must be a well-known issue in the company by now.

The only solution they seem so to have is to untick "require immediate payment", which is just not a feasible option for me.

The tell-tell sign that there was an error was on apparent on the paypal section on ebay: it should display your paypal email address which is linked to ebay....but for some reason the email address wasnt displaying even though the option to unlink it was enabled.

There was just a black space where the email address is supposed to be displayed. The ebay reps confirmed that my paypal account was indeed linked but they didnt know why the email address wasnt displaying.

If your paypal account is relatively new it will not link to ebay successfully and will display the error message "your email address is not linked to a paypal account" etc whenever you try to list an item. It will also not display the email address you have used to link Paypal and ebay.

I unlinked my new paypal account and linked ebay to my old paypal account....and like magic IT WORKS!

The paypal page on my ebay account now displays my linked Paypal email address, whereas it wasnt displaying before.

Bottom line, this issue shouldnt be happening on such a big platform as Ebay, but for whatever reason, if your paypal account is relatively new it doesn't seems to work with the "require immediate payment" option

You will have to use an older PayPal account, at least this is what worked for me.

Ok, I see.

Was your old PayPal account linked with a VCC? If so, which company are you using for VCC.
Old 10-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielPatrick View Post
Ok, I see.

Was your old PayPal account linked with a VCC? If so, which company are you using for VCC.
I have my VISA debit card details on the paypal account, all verified.

I don't think it matters about your card type etc, I think its all about the age of your paypal account (at least that's what I think)
Old 10-18-2019

Quote:
I have my VISA debit card details on the paypal account, all verified.

I don't think it matters about your card type etc, I think its all about the age of your paypal account (at least that's what I think)
I don't think this makes sense though. So, what about all the new users who are opening a PP account nowadays? They will go get rejected by eBay if they try to link their accounts. There must be something else behind this. At least, that's what I'm thinking.
Old 10-18-2019

I had same issue; spoke with eBay million times answer was this is PayPal on going issue also eBay is updating a new Payment provider, that will be launched soon by next year or so therefore, this issue is happening
Old 10-18-2019

Quote:
SOLUTION!!!!

LOL, this is not a solution. OLD pp accounts links to anything with no problems, no need even to solve anything. There still is a bug which been many years there on linking- sometimes it does not links on a first try, so on a second or third it usually links properly.
Problem is NEW accounts created after september 1st works ok only with mastercards and a few VISA, but not all VISA as it used to be.
Old 10-23-2019

Is this issue still ongoing? Has anyone managed to link their new PayPal VCC to new eBay account?

If not, are there any workarounds found please?
Old 10-23-2019

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 40%

EBAY sucks.

Working, NOT working, Working, NOT working..........
Old 10-23-2019

So, has this issue been solved yet or not?

Can someone please confirm?