Is this some kind of return scam? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 10-09-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Is this some kind of return scam?

So on Walmart.com someone bought a desktop PC from us that was like above 1300. Other sellers were maybe 900-1100. Weird, but we shipped it.

A week passed and buyer initiated a return for it stated product quality was not good enough. But the return showed it was returned to store.

Today, I got a call from Walmart Rep asking about this order and if I could process refund to the buyer. Apparently it was returned to a store. I Basically said I can't refund it.

So, is this somehow the buyer returning this item to a store for credit, and then tries to scam us to refund them or what is it? This is totally strange.

I do know Walmart.com has made some changes that you are now able to return online orders to stores and the stores ship them back to sellers???
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-10-2019

Longevity: 30%
Default Re: Is this some kind of return scam?

Considering they know walmart will take anything back, I wouldnt doubt they are just swapping items.
Old 10-10-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

where does it say purchases from third party seller can be returned to a WMT store?
Did you communicate with your buyer and give him instruction on how to return the item?
Old 10-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
where does it say purchases from third party seller can be returned to a WMT store?
Right here : https://help.walmart.com/app/answers...d/3039/kw/3039

@OP - the same article linked to above says this :
Quote:
When will I get my refund after completing the return?
  • For returns initiated in-store, refunds generally are processed when the item is received in the store. You will see the refund on your payment card approximately 5 days after the refund is processed, depending on your bank.
So according to that, your buyer should have got their refund when they returned the item to the store. Sounds like you're getting conflicting information from the Walmart rep though.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
rsot (10-11-2019)
Old 10-10-2019

or returns initiated in-store, refunds generally are processed when the item is received in the store. You will see the refund on your payment card approximately 5 days after the refund is processed, depending on your bank.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
There is an exception list on 30 days return,but did not say more?
No mention if the store clerk is going to visually examine the item ,or does she know what to look for?
I know with BBY,the clerk will look at the item you returned and make sure all the parts are there,in some cases,will call the Geek squad to examine the item returned.
OP could end up getting a faulty PC or missing motherboard,how would the store clerk know?
Old 10-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

The website says walmarts won't even process 3rd party in store returns unless they're already packaged and ready to ship. All they do is provide a label, according to the site. Definitely no inspection - they're just passing along whatever is returned to them. This is Walmart employees we are talking about here, after all.
Old 10-10-2019

AMZN will allow buyer to return item to Kohl and they dont even have to pack it?
But I think this is for AMZN orders,not third party orders.
Fed Exp said Walgreen will accept Fed Exp return,
Whatever,the seller is going to be shafted!
I sold an item on Sears,shipping cost be almost $20,buyer said it does not work,instead of paying for return shipping,I just refund him the money.
but the buyer keeps insisting return,so I ASK why do you want to return the item when you have already been refunded?
Then Sears deposit the net proceeds in my bank account,I can see it in my bank account.
But there is a bug in its system,it sends me a notice every day that they are sending my sales proceeds to my bank account ,SEARS IT dept is in India and they admit there is a bug,but so far have not fixed it/
I closed my Sears shop.
Old 10-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

yea how is this not a complete set up to sc.am third-party sellers? i am surprised no one has had this issue sooner.
Old 10-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Did you communicate with your buyer and give him instruction on how to return the item?
I didn't have a chance to. The moment I saw it was initiated for return, it already has the status that it was returned to store but still, it said it was waiting for customer to ship back. At the time I was just really confused and doubt it was true but the rep called and confirmed it.
Old 10-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Right here : https://help.walmart.com/app/answers...d/3039/kw/3039

@OP - the same article linked to above says this :

So according to that, your buyer should have got their refund when they returned the item to the store. Sounds like you're getting conflicting information from the Walmart rep though.

Well, the order wasn't refunded. I don't know where they got their refund back. Now you remind me I actually will need to follow up with wm now as I don't want to be affected by this.
Old 10-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
The website says walmarts won't even process 3rd party in store returns unless they're already packaged and ready to ship. All they do is provide a label, according to the site. Definitely no inspection - they're just passing along whatever is returned to them. This is Walmart employees we are talking about here, after all.
Exactly.
Honestly this while situation seems very fishy right now
Old 10-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Btw, I emailed the customer 2 days ago about this and not gotten any reply.
Old 10-10-2019

You need to speak to WMT and clarify how third party return is processed and refunded.
With my Sears experience,I go into my SEARS ACCOUNT and communicate with the buyer and did the refund,you would think WMT should have the same feature like Sears.or better.
Do third party WMT sellers has an account with WMT,can you log in and see your sales etc?