Is it safe to use my adress using click and drop site? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-12-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Is it safe to use my adress using click and drop site?

I want to create new Click and drop account on Royal mail site, connect it with my stealth eBay and download international orders there.
In my click and drop account I want to give return adress of my real place, so when I download order and buy it, it will show real adress.

Is it safe to do it? The real adress as you can suspect cannot be used in eBay and it might cause suspension, but is using it in Click and drop safe?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-13-2019

Longevity: 28%
Default Re: Is it safe to use my adress using click and drop site?

I have done for years, no issues.

Just as an extra safegaurd I will vary the address a little

so if you live at

20C Hook Street

I would change it to C/O Stealther, Flat C, 20 Hook Street etc

I am sure that is just paranoid though and dosent matter.

Tbf, I use my banned address as my returns on all my stealth accounts on ebay anyway and touch wood, hasnt given me any grief yet
Old 10-15-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruszkush View Post
I want to create new Click and drop account on Royal mail site, connect it with my stealth eBay and download international orders there.
In my click and drop account I want to give return adress of my real place, so when I download order and buy it, it will show real adress.

Is it safe to do it? The real adress as you can suspect cannot be used in eBay and it might cause suspension, but is using it in Click and drop safe?
So long as you're not directly giving eBay this address, you'll be fine.
Old 10-20-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruszkush View Post

That should be safe as long as you do not get into a situation that allows that information to get to eBay. For example, disputes with customers over returns, etc.

In the past, we've stuck return labels on the revere side of all packs in advance.
I don't know any ill has come of it yet, but I had other reasons to disconnect my stores from C&D:

1. All our items were marked as dispatched at the same time. We didn't think it was OK to have no control over that.

2. C & D did not care if a customer's address was wrong or incomplete; neither did it bother to format it. g21Bp could hardly be formatted to G2 1BP. If a customer forgot to include some vital shipping details; well, you're frelled! It's going on the label just like that.

3. No combined shipping. If a customer bought five razor blades five times, you've got to print and pay for five labels.

But the biggest show stopper you have to be wary of is allowing C & D to upload 2D tracking to your accounts.
If you sign up to C & D as a business customer, your items (except Guaranteed Delivery) will be scanned ONLY on delivery.
eBay expects no more than 3% of your postage to arrive late, but for us, Royal mail hardly meets the expected 97%, therefore if you allow C&D to mark your items as dispatched and upload tracking, you may well be on your way to losing your TRS.

I prefer to download sold items as a CSV file, dress it up nicely with excel and then upload it to C&D before printing labels.

There have been some updates to C & D, but the tracking issue has not resolved.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
Mantis (12-16-2019)
Old 04-26-2020

Longevity: 23%

hi guys I'm new here, i have 1 eBay account linked to my click and drop account, is it possible linking more than 1 eBay account to click and drop without eBay knowing?
as from my other 3 stealth accounts i am inputting the orders manually and its a pain in the arse

any help appriated
Old 04-26-2020

Longevity: 23%

Hi hoping for a bit of advice here with click and drop!

i have it linked / integrated with my main bay account where i manage all my orders. adding a second eBay account to this this click and drop account would i be running the chance of suspension?

thanks
Old 05-14-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
That should be safe as long as you do not get into a situation that allows that information to get to eBay. For example, disputes with customers over returns, etc.

In the past, we've stuck return labels on the revere side of all packs in advance.
I don't know any ill has come of it yet, but I had other reasons to disconnect my stores from C&D:

1. All our items were marked as dispatched at the same time. We didn't think it was OK to have no control over that.

2. C & D did not care if a customer's address was wrong or incomplete; neither did it bother to format it. g21Bp could hardly be formatted to G2 1BP. If a customer forgot to include some vital shipping details; well, you're frelled! It's going on the label just like that.

3. No combined shipping. If a customer bought five razor blades five times, you've got to print and pay for five labels.

But the biggest show stopper you have to be wary of is allowing C & D to upload 2D tracking to your accounts.
If you sign up to C & D as a business customer, your items (except Guaranteed Delivery) will be scanned ONLY on delivery.
eBay expects no more than 3% of your postage to arrive late, but for us, Royal mail hardly meets the expected 97%, therefore if you allow C&D to mark your items as dispatched and upload tracking, you may well be on your way to losing your TRS.

I prefer to download sold items as a CSV file, dress it up nicely with excel and then upload it to C&D before printing labels.

There have been some updates to C & D, but the tracking issue has not resolved.
I’ve read your posts about RM click and drop and it looks like you are further ahead on the curve than what we are as a seller.

We have 3 amazons, 4 Etsy accounts and 2 ebays. The two eBays are legit and run off the same IP, 10+ year old accounts and we don’t sell anything dodgy.

We do all our post through Royal Mail OBA, until Monday we were using BPL and sending about 300 large letters per week. A mix of 95 and 245g large letters.

Very concerned about the push from RM towards this proof of postage barcodes items. As it is going to cause us a lot more time printing off and sorting, however amazon is defiantly moving this way and pushing for tracking numbers for all orders.

Just curious where you are at with things? And if you have any knowledge to help.