I'm in college, what next? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Stock Market Traders > General Money Chat

General Money Chat Discuss other ways to make money online.

Old 10-01-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Re: I'm in college, what next?

High School students are often sold a false bill of goods that college is absolutely essential and you won't be a success without it.

Why not just skip college and start working right away which accomplishes three thing:

A) You start earning (and saving/investing) some money RIGHT AWAY.
B) You have time to think about what you really want to do with your life and goals.
C) You don't have any college loan debt unlike your peers!

Moreover you can get a jump start with actual work experience.

Trust me, few people are going to give a s&it about your GPA, or GMAT/SAT scores after your graduate anyway. You are likely to be broke and saddled with federal debt you won't be able to get rid of in bankruptcy anyway.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-12-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

I beg to differ,there are many entreprenuers successful or not successful wish they have spent time learning the basics in schoool full time when they are young and single ,subjects like accounting,bookeeping,finance,economics or even anthropolgy or political science/art history.
It expands your mind and ability to conceptualise,yes,it is a luxury looking back,4-6 years just going to school ,not to worry about office politics,backstabbing,layoffs.
The money is not great,but one does not have to work to earn it.
CONSIDERed we will all be working into the 60s and 70s,spending 4 years studying is not much ,we have plenty of years ahead to work.
You can also go to school in the evening and your employer will pay for it .
The problem is most students choose a school away from home,if you stay with your parents and go to a local college for the first 2 years ,you save a lot of money,all you will be paying would be tuition,books and spending money.
If you live in a city like Chicago,LA,NYC,BOSTON there are good schools there,
also some professions,dont they require you to have a bachelor degree first,like medicine or law?
College has to change,your professors are your professors because they cant find job in the business world,they need to bring college closer to the business world so students are better prepared .
I would not encourage anyone to drop out of college or not attend college unless he knows what he is doing,there is only one Bill Gates,but there are many who are still working at Mcdonald,or Wendy or Taco Belll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wd0wn View Post
at times from a business perspective, putting things on a low at a low rate may be worth it just to give yourself more cash flow. If over 10 years i pay 20k in interest, but within the 10 years i made another.. 40k+ then it would make sense to go with the loan for more cash flow
that number is too low,if your interest is 20k,in 10 years,you should make more,much more than 40k,think !!!!!!!!!.

Last edited by TGMT²; 07-02-2020 at 05:15 AM.