An Aussie Got Suspended For what? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-11-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default An Aussie Got Suspended For what?

I registered for ebay 2 weeks ago and i put a few things on auction and also brought a few things... and what happened? I got suspended!!

Why? Why do i get Suspended? I dont get it?

My name, address, email its all there?

I'm not Nigarian, nor a scammer??

I got this email from eBay:

Dear mr_******* (****@netspace.net.au),

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to its association with the following previously suspended member(s):

<*******>

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way including registering a new account. Also, please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

In order for your account to be considered for reinstatement, please complete all of the steps outlined below:

1. Read eBay's User Agreement.

eBay - Page Not Found

2. Provide information by fax that will allow us to confirm your identity, review current business practices, and verify that you have read and that you understand the eBay User Agreement.

Please send the following evidence, one piece each from Group One, Group Two AND Group Three. Remember to write your user ID on the fax so we may identify your account.

Group One ? Evidence of Name ?

- Copy of a current Proof of Age Card
- Copy of a current Medicare Card
- Copy of a current signed passport including photograph
- Copy of a current Defense Force Identification
- Copy of Notice of Assessment issued by the Australian Taxation Office

Group Two ? Evidence of Address

- Recent copy of a Utility bill or a certificate from a supplier of utilities confirming the arrangement to pay for services on pre-payments terms. Mobile phone bills are not acceptable.
- Copy of Local Council rates bill (valid for the current year)
- The most recent copy of a mortgage statement from a recognized lender
- A copy of a recent credit card statement clearly showing the first and last 4 digits of the card number and your billing address as proof of your registration information.

Group Three ? Proof of Inventory

A sample of invoices or any other documentation showing purchase or possession of items listed for sale on your account. This includes purchase records and related documentation from suppliers and/or other third parties.

The personal information on a billing statement or ID must be valid and legible. You must also include a valid telephone number with these details.

Please be sure to include the User ID and email address of the suspended account you're appealing. If your fax does not contain this information, it will not be processed.

3. Resolve any issues related to the suspension of the associated registration.

Information related to the suspension of the associated account can be obtained by replying to the suspension notice that was sent to that account. If you or the associated user does not have access to the suspension notice, information can also be obtained by logging in to the account and contacting us from our Suspended Account Information page. To access the Suspended Account Information page:

- Click on the Help link located at the top of most eBay pages
- When the Help window appears, select the following topics:

My Account > Suspended Account

- From the Suspended Account Information page, click on the "contact us" link and follow the instructions provided.

If there is reason that your account should not have been associated with the user(s) cited above, please complete steps 1 and 2 as outlined in this message and include a brief explanation of the situation. Please be aware that if the information submitted indicates that you are associated with the suspended user, your account will not be considered for reinstatement until all of the conditions outlined in this message have been met.

After you have faxed the requested information, please send a brief message stating that the information has been sent. Reviewing this information may take as many as 2 business days, after which you will be contacted by email. Contacting us during the review period to inquire about the status of your account will result in delays.

You can fax this information to eBay at 61 (02) 9475 1488 - Attn: B001 Appeals

If you are not able to fax this information, you may mail it to us at the following address:

eBay Australia
Attn: B001 Appeals
Locked Bag 10
Australia Square PO
Sydney NSW 1215

Any documents submitted will be destroyed after your appeal has been reviewed.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
eBay, Inc

Now I emailed them saying how am I supposed to give proof of inventory for a old second hand item which has been sitting in my garage?

eBay didn’t even reply telling me how, instead they said, fix the issues with the associated account first. (my wife account from 2 years ago)

I said how? What problems/issue are outstanding from my wife’s account which was suspended 2 years ago? (we never perused in getting it reinstated)

They said, email us from your wife’s email account which was used for the associated account to resole these issues.

I then replied how can we when we no longer use that ISP?

then they replied with this:

Hello Erhan,

Thank you for writing eBay regarding your account. I have reviewed your account and your wife's account and see that these accounts have been suspended under Section 9 of the eBay Australia User Agreement, which states that we may indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss for you, our users, or us. Please note that we are unable to provide you with more specific information regarding our reasons for taking such action. You appeal has been reviewed, and it has been decided that your account will remain suspended indefinitely. This decision is based on evidence as stated above as well as any additional information you provided. Please be aware that, while future emails from you will be read, we may no longer respond. This includes additional appeals and requests for more information. Erhan, thank you for your time.

Regards Segan
Trust & Safety Team

Are these guys serious?

How the hell do you get a answer like this?

All these emails from eBay are automated for sure.. I cannot get to speak to a human to tell them how to fix my account. I spoke to the "Live Help Centre" and they said you need to email them?

WTF?????

Can anyone tell me what i should do?

Should I contact a local lawyer to get them to send a letter to ebay so i can get my account reinstated? Or should i open up a doggy account like this site shows how to do?

Ex-eBay
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-11-2007
Executive [VIP]

Welcome to eBay. :D

I think the best chance you have of getting your account bank is if you get divorced from your wife and send to eBay the divorce papers. I'm serious. If you can't do that, read the guide on how to get a new account under a different name, address, etc. You need to become a ghost. Welcome to the shadows.
Old 09-11-2007
Threadstarter  

give me some do's n donts.

if i open one up can i use my existing paypal account?

how long should i wait before selling/buying?

looks like im gonna be a ghost
Old 09-11-2007
Executive [VIP]

Best is if you read the guide. You can use your existing PayPal account, but you cannot link it with eBay and I believe you can also not use it to pay eBay invoices. You also need to delete the existing email addresses from the PayPal account. If you can open an account under a relative's name and address, it would probably be the best choice.
Old 09-11-2007
Threadstarter  

i don't understand how i would pay for eBay fees if it don't link the paypal account with the eBay account?
Old 09-11-2007

Maybe they felt your items were potentially "high risk". Or you listed too many items, that's always a red flag. Especially when you've just entered the eBay community.
Old 09-11-2007
Banned

Like some others have said, you're pretty screwed. A Section 9 suspension, aka a high risk suspension means that your wife must have listed some high priced or high risk item at the time and was suspended and didn't resolve the account. And now you're linked to it. The first email was automated, the second wasn't.

Unless the AU policies are different (which I'm 95% sure they aren't), the CSR shouldn't have even told you any info about your wife's account, as we're not allowed to give information about other accounts, but whatever.

Maybe you should email them back and tell them that with the PSU policies you're not allowed to PSU to a Section 9 suspension, and that it should be a Section 9 Lead suspension instead of a PSU But they'll probably get very confused lol.
Old 09-11-2007

Thumbs up

hehe, nice post tcho. Not bad at all.
Old 09-11-2007

lol confuse them more? lol
Old 09-11-2007
Threadstarter