My FIRST call from paypal.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default My FIRST call from paypal....

i was driving home earlier and out of nowhere off guard i get a call from paypal unexpectedly...i forgot that i had call forwarding (which works) asking for a name im not familular with and when i asked whos calling they said paypal im like ohh how can i help you...this lady just got straight to the point on asking me how are you selling your product for half than what its worth, where are you getting your product from and how are you shipping them.. i dident know what to answer, so i cought a little attitude saying. i dont know you to tell you where i am getting my stuff from lol... shes like well we need to know where your stuff is purchased from so i just said from an outlet in upstate new york. shes like whats the name of it. im like i dont know i have the info at home... shes like well we need to confirm where you get your stuff from... so i said can i call back later on...shes like ok, but i will put a note on the account and if you dont call back i will give you a call back in a few days...she also asked if i buy from them for a long time... im like ye of course i used to have my own website(i dont, i just wanted to sound like im not new at selling)...shes like what is it called... im like i dont have it anymore so thats why i decided to join ebay.. shes like ok.. just make sure you use confirmation number and she mentioned again that i should call back..i was so off guard that i just kept changing the subject

my question is. is she really going to call me back....
should i really call them back???
this means i will have to come up with a store somewhere in upsate new york that sells my product for dirt cheap which is almost impossible...
what should i do????

Last edited by aribragin; 09-14-2009 at 02:59 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

get all your stuff together and wait for the call, you could say you got it a long time ago and find a closed outlets details, closing sale, I genuinely bought like that recently, although didnt have to give pp details, if they called info now, the place is no longer there... just a suggestion...
Old 09-14-2009

Longevity: 94%

yes call them back. and when i get those calls ill tell them flat out (but in a nice way) that you arent going to give them your suppliers because as a business that information needs to be kept secret and tell them youve heard alot about paypal/ebay employees that sell online also and have taken peoples suppliers and used them. Tell them that if they are so worried about the people getting the items then they need to check your uploaded tracking numbers and feedback. Knowing your supplier doesnt have anything to do with are the people getting their stuff and enjoying it.

Last edited by sdot10; 09-14-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-14-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

While I suspect that the PP rep who is being so insistent about supplier info is probably one of those who is guilty of harvesting suppliers for their own personal use...

...I strongly suggest that no-one should openly use that accusation to justify withholding their supplier info. It's more likely to instigate or exacerbate the problem of dealing with their questions.

I mean, if you were PP and I was the person being asked - what would your reaction be if I said I wouldn't reveal based on me thinking you are a crook?

I suspect you'd hit the 180 day button and tell me to have a nice day.
Old 09-14-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
I suspect you'd hit the 180 day button and tell me to have a nice day.
On a scale on 1 being not probable and 10 being absolutely certain, I'd say your statement ranks an 11.
Old 09-14-2009

It may actually be better for you to call them back instead of waiting for them- you wait for them and they'll hit you with a limitation- that's been my experience but if I call, they're a lot more relaxed. But find a closed outlet store as someone said before and make sure the name of the outlet store isn't something that wouldn't go against your items and you'll be fine. About your website, I think you're in a bit of a pickle there- hopefully they don't ask you but be prepared to give them a website that doesn't exist if they ask. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 09-14-2009
Threadstarter  

wow i feel like i am being intergated here.... who is the lady from paypal think she is calling me and counting my money??? i feel like she put a gun to my head and asking to answer these questions or else... i havent evan done anything wrong...pp are such haters...i feel like just collecting the money and giving them a big rasberry (i owe you)
Old 09-14-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

As crappy as it is, when you signed up, you agreed to adhere to ToS. They are not out of line to request information that relates to transaction risk. In the particular call you describe, I think the rep is abusing authority for probable personal gain. So I would try very hard to provide info that was useless, a dead end, or likely to cause that person problems later on.

Did you read the PM I sent you hours ago?
Old 09-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^Get real. You are no newcomer to paypal. Stop with this woe is me. Paypal do this. Deal with it. Take the advice and beat them.
Old 09-14-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
as crappy as it is, when you signed up, you agreed to adhere to tos. They are not out of line to request information that relates to transaction risk. In the particular call you describe, i think the rep is abusing authority for probable personal gain. So i would try very hard to provide info that was useless, a dead end, or likely to cause that person problems later on.

Did you read the pm i sent you hours ago?
ye i did thanks for the info...wow they call up people to ask around for personal gain...thats not right... I think im gonna take the advice on findout a closed outlet that will lead them nowhere.
Old 09-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Default i really need help on this 1........

this is the follow-up from the other day.

several days ago paypal has called me (nicole) asking me how i am selling my product for half than what its worth... i answered that i got them in a close out sale...they told me to provide the invoices i never did... they called me back and i said i never had the chance to do it and now they locked my account .. i used my receipt the first time. it worked.. but the second time it dident work... is there anyone out there that can send me a profossional invoice.. that states something like member discount 65% off or summer clearance....
paypal is only asking for a supplier contact info.... i need help asap...
Old 09-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

is this today's joke?
You did absolutely nothing about the advice given, including help by pm and now want another bail-out? Hmm
Old 09-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
is this today's joke?
You did absolutely nothing about the advice given, including help by pm and now want another bail-out? Hmm
i left it alone because i dident think she was going to call back.. and i really dident think it was a good idea to say that ooo i bought it a long time ago here is the store name and location ... i dident think it was good enough...

i cant find any closed outlets for northface or as such gears...i need some help
Old 09-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Hmm: start goggling for ads yourself, see what you come up with. No way is anyone going to do that part of the legwork for you. tbh, I do not have time to find out this and I do not want anyone else doing it. Try to meet us half way & let's see what happens
Old 09-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Hmm: start goggling for ads yourself, see what you come up with. No way is anyone going to do that part of the legwork for you. tbh, I do not have time to find out this and I do not want anyone else doing it. Try to meet us half way & let's see what happens
do you think it would be ok to send the same info from first time but just change it around a bit?
Old 09-17-2009

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aribragin View Post
this is the follow-up from the other day.

several days ago paypal has called me (nicole) asking me how i am selling my product for half than what its worth... i answered that i got them in a close out sale...they told me to provide the invoices i never did... they called me back and i said i never had the chance to do it and now they locked my account .. i used my receipt the first time. it worked.. but the second time it dident work... is there anyone out there that can send me a profossional invoice.. that states something like member discount 65% off or summer clearance....
paypal is only asking for a supplier contact info.... i need help asap...

If you sell it at auction with no buyitnow, you can claim you just made a low starting bid but people wouldn't bid it up high enough and so you lost money on it but had to sell by eBay's policy. And feel free to blame snipe bidders, too.
Old 09-17-2009
Threadstarter  

i used the same receipt i always use, it worked twice but failed once... i changed the name of the store around... and prices and write 65% off because of member discount..but its still in the same format, i hope it wont give me any trouble altho it is in the same format???
i called paypal lady picks up i act dumb saying i signed in i noticed there is a limitation on the account than i asked if a receipt as proof of supplier info would be enough she said yes. i asked if i can send it over while on the phone. she said ok... i sent it over she reviewed it... and to my guess i tought she would remove the limitation out right away...she said please give us 24-48 hours to confirm... so im feeling ifie about this...
i said sure no problem i dident want to be pushy... i guess im gonna have to wait and see boys and girls...
Old 09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
yes call them back. and when i get those calls ill tell them flat out (but in a nice way) that you arent going to give them your suppliers because as a business that information needs to be kept secret and tell them youve heard alot about paypal/ebay employees that sell online also and have taken peoples suppliers and used them. Tell them that if they are so worried about the people getting the items then they need to check your uploaded tracking numbers and feedback. Knowing your supplier doesnt have anything to do with are the people getting their stuff and enjoying it.
and paypal actually accepts that?
Old 09-18-2009

i don't think the paypal employee is asking you for your supplier info for her personal gain, unless she told you to call her personally, to give her the info. if she just says to call paypal with the info, then if she did want the info herself, she couldn't get it.
Old 09-18-2009
Threadstarter  

nope it dident work. which is a load of crap....they told me that they had verified by calling and that they were not able to verify that i buy these items there by the dozen....that is such bull....how is any employee suppose to know that i bought items 2 months ago....paypal is just full of it and froze my 2500 dollars....if it wasent for that 21 day hold
Old 09-18-2009
Threadstarter  

wow i evan called the outlet store and asked if paypal called, they said yes... and the information they had provided us did not match the receipt...
Old 09-18-2009

wow, paypal is calling suppliers now?
Closed Thread