Restricted from selling - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-02-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Restricted from selling

Has anyone experienced this issue? I am a little ove a month old and have 21, 100% feedbacks so why? It get gets lifted and then restricted again.

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems
We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page.

We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-02-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

You apparently hit a selling limit. The limit wears off. You hit it again. When it wears off next time, you'll hit it again.

Are you fully verified all the way around? Is the limit for only one item type? Or is it a total restriction on everything?

I've hit it before on a couple accounts. But the limit only applied to a specific item. I could list other things during that time.

Example: They limit me from listing Monster HDMI cable, but I am allowed to list HP inkjet cartridges and AM radios anything EXCEPT Monster HDMI cable.
Old 09-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Been going on since last year. 'New' accounts have problems:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ng-moment.html
Old 09-02-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

These limits have me confused as well.

My parents have a case of furniture polish and for some reason eBay won't let them sell them with a quantity of 12 available. They have never tried to sell anything like this before.

We were however able to list a single unit. I'm guessing they want them to raise their selling limit on that account? The account is 4 years old.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to maintain a safe trading environment, there's a limit on the number of times individual sellers can list or revise certain items in a period of 30 consecutive days.

You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This isn't a reflection on your account or selling activity. These limits apply to all accounts. But it does mean you won't be able to complete this listing right now. (You can still list other kinds of items, though.)

Items that are subject to selling limits can change, so we can’t be specific about which listings fall under these protective limits.

Long-time sellers with proven track records and other positive account attributes may be eligible for higher selling limits. If you believe that you would qualify, please review our selling limits page for more information.
Old 09-02-2009

Longevity: 89%

Happy Birthday!

The selling limit can be placed on any accounts. An ID registered in 2001 can get a hit too.

Is this the first time your parents sell this thing using that eBay ID?

Is it a 3-day, 7-day or ?-day listing? Starting price?
Old 09-17-2009

Longevity: 85%

Ugh, this is happening to me too!!!!! I'm getting stuck with so much stuff and I don't know what to do. I'm fully verified with everything, the account is from 2006 (no activity until recently). I keep getting that message-I try to change the title, category...nothing works. This is so frustrating and to top it off, ebay doesn't respond to the inquiries regarding selling limits. Does anyone have advice here?
Old 09-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

cj,

What was the actual message from ebay? Number of FB and are the items being listed now very different from what was sold in 2006?
Old 09-18-2009

just list it under any category,thats what i do ,i know yer not supposed to but i never get hit with anything for doing it and my items are 30-75 dollars,it will work fine..trust me
Old 09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
cj,

What was the actual message from ebay? Number of FB and are the items being listed now very different from what was sold in 2006?
This is the message I'm getting:

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to maintain a safe trading environment, there's a limit on the number of times individual sellers can list or revise certain items in a period of 30 consecutive days.

You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list. This isn't a reflection on your account or selling activity. These limits apply to all accounts. But it does mean you won't be able to complete this listing right now. (You can still list other kinds of items, though.)

Items that are subject to selling limits can change, so we can’t be specific about which listings fall under these protective limits.

Long-time sellers with proven track records and other positive account attributes may be eligible for higher selling limits. If you believe that you would qualify, please review our selling limits page for more information.

The account was created in 2006 but nothing was ever bought or sold until just recently. I'm selling pretty low priced items (not more than $30) and this is happening to me with several different items, not just one.
Old 09-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^Bah. Background reasons: ebay is 'picking-up' that accounts that have been idle/unused/dormant or whatever you want to call them, are now sellers' accounts. To ebay, this is a 'new' account listing items. They perceive the account has 'nothing' except being made some years ago. The seller gets limited with listings until such time as the account has some credibility.
Look on your seller's dashboard & see what message is there ( if any).
NOW: be careful of what you list. Basically ebay are saying prove to us you are OK....do it.
Old 09-18-2009

^Yeah, that's another weird thing-my dashboard has NO messages, even though their help pages state that there will be a message. I just don't get it because there are sellers on ebay that joined less than a month ago with 8 feedback selling the same item I am. I wish there was a way to get around it-if it was just one item, I'd suck it up and wait, but so far this is the 4th completely different item this has happened with.

GB, do you know how long they carry on with this sort of thing? Thanks
Old 09-18-2009

So I sent them an email asking them to remove it.........and they DID. That was about the most unexpected thing ever. I have 30 feedback right now (I don't sell a whole lot). One of my other accounts has the limit too but I think I would be pushing it if I emailed for that one seeing as 1. It only has 7 feedback and 2. both accounts are from the same SMALL town. Maybe I'll wait a month or so for that one.
Old 09-18-2009

Longevity: 90%

Usually its restricted only by categories...but thats just from my experience.
Old 09-19-2009

I got the same message too. I wonder if I should try to list the same item again in a few days when I get more feedbacks in, or is this going to raise a red flag? Does anyone know?
Old 09-19-2009

I got hit with the restriction for 7 days on a 2004 eBay account with 100% positive and 100+ feedbacks.

Oh and the mandatory little tutorial too

At least after 7 days it REALLY goes away automatically!
Old 10-02-2009

Longevity: 84%

I got a 30 selling limit after listing flat irons. I listed four and then came the limit. When I sent an email asking Ebay to remove it, they said no and told me they would review my account again in 90 days. Then again, I only have 30 feedback. What should you even say to ebay when listing vero items?
Old 10-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

If you a selling counterfeit Vero items be prepared to get suspended. Especially "CHI Irons" they will get you suspended in a heart beat. :D