Temporary Paypal Limitation - Help ? overreacting is it the end ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-09-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default Temporary Paypal Limitation - Help ? overreacting is it the end ?

HI all - new here - came across the forum doing a google search - these are not 'stealth' account issues but normal ones

I have a business paypal I have been using with ebay for 10 years

my wife also has an account with paypal we have been using for years

on saturday evening they were both put on temporary limitation

my business account asking for Photo ID - Bank Statement - Info on Transactions for the past week - Update Business Info

did all 4 on Saturday - Photo Id and Transactions boxes are ticked confirmed - Bank statement and Business info show 'submitted for review'

I was not asked to supply invoices etc

Wife account - Phot ID - Bant Statment - Proof of address (I sent credit card statement of card on the paypal account) - Info on transactions in past week (easy cos there hasnt been any)

again did all 4 saturday - Photo and transactions ticked confirmed - Proof of Address and Bank Statment - Submitted for review

I called them on Sunday and they just said I have to wait

I have no idea why there is a limitation - we dont sell any risk items - we use wife account to buy stock and household stuff using credit cards registered on paypal account

my account is used to sell the stuff on website and ebay - 100% fb TRS etc -
I use 2 business accounts through ebay the one that is limited and another for macropayments - that account hasnt been limited and is still taking payments - however I dont have much go into it and only been using it 3 months or so

its now monday and there are no changes

I have been racking my brain to why this is happening - my only thought is that in August I spent a lot on the wifes account using our credit cards to buy in stock - about 1k - and had a couple of issues with some items being broken and missing and had to open cases via ebay - they were all resolved

reading on forums and google searches and I am seeing horror stories that its game over when you get these limitations and I am going to be closed down

2 days of panic and I have decided to join this forum and ask all you good guys for advice

am I panicing too much ? - I have got nothing to hide - not selling high risk - not had cases opened against me - just buy and sell - will this be sorted straight forward

what should my next steps be

thanks in advance for any advice
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 26%
Default Re: Temporary Paypal Limitation - Help ? overreacting is it the end ?

just to add - I sell action figures like power rangers and starwars and marvel etc - all second hand - have done for years - nothing else - no high end or 'risk' items

on both accounts i can send or recieve money

We've placed a temporary limitation on your account.

Why is there a limitation on your account?

We noticed that you've been using your PayPal account in a questionable manner. To better understand this, we need some information from you.

To remove the limitation, please complete the action requested.

We've also placed a temporary limitation on your account.

For the time being, you won't be able to:

- Receive money

- Send money

- Withdraw money

What should you do?

Old 11-05-2019

Longevity: 48%

Did your account get sorted ?
Old 11-07-2019

Longevity: 37%

did you take any transactions outside of ebay (direct purchases?). I see this on accounts that I convert from ebay only to direct sales. This can typically be sorted out when all the docs are provided. Since your account is 100% legit, I would also give them a call next week to sort it out on the phone