Which account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-09-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Which account?

Which of these accounts is going to be less likely to be limited? Would you say that it's:

A. Sending account - Premier, Verified, Seasoned but doesn't usually receive large payments and has been limited previously but restored fully.
B. Sending account - Premier, Verified, 3 or 4 months old, but no real record of payments received or sent.

If you had the choice of sending money from and to each, which one would you choose as the sending account and which the receiving? All things being equal, the oldest account seems the logical choice, but if you're accustomed only to smaller payments going into that account, would it be a better target for limitation than one that really hasn't been used much at all? Would it be less likely to be limited if it were the sending account rather than receiving?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-09-2007
Threadstarter  

Good to know. Although it still leaves the question of whether the older account is better off being the sender or the receiver. You're saying the amount of limitations has no bearing at all? It would seem so, but I find that a little rediculous myself. I would have thought that the pristine, though newer, account would be favored over the older, previously limited, account.

On another note, would sending a "money request" from one of the accounts to the other help avoid the suspicion of the paypal computer rather than just simply the "send money" tab by itself? Has anyone found any evidence of this being the case?
Old 09-09-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Has anyone besides me have had their account limited 2 times? I heard of others on paypalsucks but I was just wondering if it happen to anyone here?
Old 09-09-2007
Threadstarter  

It depends on how "limited" you're talking Chris. Are you talking full limitation, having to send in all your documents, etc or just a paypal claim with a buyer/seller that had to be sorted out?
Old 09-09-2007
Banned

No buyers complaints on 2nd limit. No nothing. They wanted tracking numbers on my items and they did ask for my SS# a 2nd time, but I told them I already gave it to them.

maybe I got a payment from a bad paypal account or something. Who knows

I was still able to receive money to my Paypal account and I was able to refund my customers. I just was not able to withdraw my $$$
Old 09-09-2007
Threadstarter  

Ah. Have no idea then. Have any opinions on the main topic?

Welcome back from the NBC sting by the way.
Old 09-09-2007

Longevity: 96%

why do you all fool with PP? even when you are preforming legit transactions they mess with you and take your money!!! why arent you spending time searching for alternate payment options? how much money do they have to take or make you wait 180 days to get ..... its your money people and paypal isnt the only option!!!
Old 09-09-2007
Threadstarter  

We all know Paypal isn't the only option, but that wasn't the question.

I'm no Paypal supporter but they do have their place and some people just flat won't buy from you if you don't offer it. Plus, if you're just starting out and trying to up your feedback and offer buy it now, it's important. After you're established, sure you can feed it to the dogs, but until then...

But let's try to keep to the main topic ok?
Old 09-09-2007

main topic has no solid answer,
Old 09-10-2007
Threadstarter  

Alright let's try this example then.

1st account is verified but sending limit has not been lifted yet. Old. Premier.
2nd account fully verified and limit lifted. Older. Premier
3rd account unverified, has been around more than 30 days, w/d limit lifted, personal account.

What types of things really matter here? Does it matter if it's verified or not? Limit lifted or not? Or are the two main factors really just age of the account and the amount of activity/amounts run through the account?

Some other points:

Where will you most likely run into problems sending/receiving money on these accounts, or is it really just a crap shoot and none of them are any safer than another? Will it be more likely in the sending, or in the receiving at these accounts? Is there any one of the three that is almost definately going to be limited if you try to either send or receive? And finally, are you going to be more likely to be limited if you're funding the sending with checking, or with credit card, rather than existing funds in the account? And if so, which?
Old 09-11-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

It's good to be verified and confirmed and even having a business account. Paypal treats these accounts with more leniency then accounts without verification. Having an account for a long time also gives you more trust. People at Paypal really pay attention to your account, especially if you have lots of money going through it.
Old 09-11-2007
jm3262

Longevity: 0%

hi-
I had 2 paypal accounts, 1 since 2002, other since 2004- once ebay closed me out, paypal, closed my acct.NEVER one buyer complaint. Never 1 chargeback.
Ebay closed my accts for Vero. Paypal said cannot use their forum to sell non authentic goods. 100% FB on ebay. -0- negs, they had a hit list i believe in july-august.
Old 09-11-2007

If you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, maybe you ought to check into Western Union transfers. Someone thinking they are getting a steal might not have a problem paying that way.

I personally would never send payment that method unless I personally could authentiacte the receiver of that payment.

Read a story today about a guy that got busted for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Nikes...and was a relatively small-time operation. Not so sure that I want to take on a giant like those guys.
Old 09-11-2007
Banned

Yep he is a few links about people who got caught. 1 man made $345,000 a year for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ clothes and shoes and got sentenced to 12 months...

Man jailed for selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ fashions on eBay | Metro.co.uk
Counterfeit Law Blog: Arrests
U.S. police bust counterfeit Nike shoe smugglers
Old 09-11-2007

If you are using all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info, name, address, etc. How could they find you to bust you?
I know at some point there would be a paper trail via you being able to get your funds out.

I am in NO WAY considering trying, just seems like me that there would be someway to stay beneath the radar.

But I guess if you are doing over $300K, you aren't really trying to stay under the radar.
Old 09-11-2007
Banned

Did you forget its the government and feds that track these people down?? They know everything or can get the info quick within a few clicks on there cpu
Old 09-11-2007

Too bad Osama bin Laden doesn't finance Al Quiada by selling LV bags on EB:D