MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited - Verify Identity - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited - Verify Identity

I opened up a new ebay account with the same information, and listed an item....Less than an hour later I get this email:

Thank you for selling on eBay. To maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can talk with you.

To prevent your account from being closed, please contact eBay within the next 48 hours at the link below.

You can always sign in safely on the eBay home page first before using the Contact Us link above.

We appreciate your cooperation in verifying your account as quickly as possible and welcome you as a valued member of our trading community.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

I clicked the link, and I was asked to call Ebay to verify my account. So I went ahead and called them, and I had no problems verifying my identity.

Does anyone know why I was asked to call them. I confirmed the phone number with the pin number before I listed the item. My paypal was already fully setup as well since its linked to one of my other accounts. I want to open up a few stealth accounts, but how am I suppose to get around ID verification if they ask me to call them within 48 hours? If I'm using bogus info, there is no way to verify who I am. What do you guys do in this situation??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-22-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by marissa2415 View Post
I opened up a new ebay account with the same information...
My paypal was already fully setup as well since its linked to one of my other accounts.
Tell us more about your Paypal account. and what "same information" you used on that new eBay account.
Old 09-22-2009
Threadstarter  

I read on one of the posts that you can open up several ebay accounts with the same info. So if one gets hit with a few violations, then you can move on to the next one. My paypal account is a premier account and is fully verified with all of my real info. I have not been suspended yet, so these are not stealth accounts. I used all of the same info on the 2nd ebay account as I used on paypal and the 1st account. Same address, phone number, and everything else that they ask for. I setup automatic payments with paypal, and didn't add a credit card to the 2nd account...Could this be the reason why I had to call them?? When I start opening up stealth accounts, will I have to call them to verify my identity everytime, and if so, how will I be able to get around it if it will be all bogus info? Only reason why I was able to verify my identity is because they asked me 5 questions that they pulled from a nationwide database that I was able to answer with no problems.
Old 09-22-2009

Yes, you can set up several eBay accounts with same info. One goes down (suspended), the others will get linked automatically.

Setting up additional accounts using the same info from the other should trigger the verification because eBay system thinks there could be an Identity Theft. Once you get it verified, they'll leave you alone. But like I said, one goes down, the other won't last long.

To set up true stealth accounts, do not use the info that related to any prior suspended ebay or limited paypal accounts. And do not clone accounts, they won't be beneficial. If you have not had any problem with eBay and Paypal before, there is no need to set up stealth or back up unless you don't feel safe or know something bad is gonna happen. (I assume you had a MC019 taken down but no suspension yet)

After you set up stealth, right before you can sell, eBay system will force you to do an automatic phone verification only. This is a different type verification, no question will be asked, you'll get a 4-digit PIN to enter.

To fully understand how stealth works without missing any important factors, I would suggest you purchase a Stealth Book to follow through.
Old 09-22-2009
Threadstarter  

I verified the account with the pin number before I got the email that stated I needed to call them within 48 hours to verify my identity. I'm not sure why I still had to verify and call them if I verified the account with the pin number .... I have already purchased the Stealth Book, but do not want to waste time by setting up accounts if I'm going to have to call them to verify my identity.
Old 09-22-2009

PIN only verifies your phone#. eBay wants to know more about you since the new account has many info same as the other one. When the stealth account is set up in the correct way without leaving any trace, eBay system will not do any further verification after the PIN verification.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluemoon999 For This Useful Post:
Enigma (09-22-2009)
Old 09-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Oh Ok Cool! Thats exactly the info that I wanted! Thanks for the help!
Old 09-28-2009

HI,I got the same problem as you ,What 5 quesitons will ebay ask ? Can you please let me know ,so i can prepare the answers .Did ebay restore your account after you answered 5 quetions .
Old 09-29-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooliceman View Post
HI,I got the same problem as you ,What 5 quesitons will ebay ask ? Can you please let me know ,so i can prepare the answers .Did ebay restore your account after you answered 5 quetions .

I sent you a pm. They pull the questions from a nationwide database, then you just have to answer them. Its multiple choice, they ask you a question, then give you 5 choices, and you have to answer it correctly. The questions that I was asked were what street have I lived on, and what year did I graduate from high school. Once I answered those questions, the rep said there was no need to ask the other 3 questions, and went ahead and restored my account. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Good Luck!

Last edited by Enigma; 09-29-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 10-01-2009

Longevity: 87%
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK

^How did they get all that info about you without a SSN?
Old 10-04-2009

Longevity: 96%

Yeah, what exactly is this "National database?"
Old 10-24-2009

Longevity: 84%

I receive this from eBay today MC010 Notice: eBay Account Limited - Verify Identity - They want me to call and verify what ?s will i be asked and will it be a problem if its not in my name since my original account was suspended will i be ask for SSN? PLEASE HELP I HAVE 48 HOURS i verifyed my bank already still asking me
Old 10-24-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Re #11:
The national database is compiled information from credit reporting agencies (not directly from those agencies but submitted by them into the mainstream search indexes), public records such as general driver license pool, jury registrations, voting records, newpaper notices such as graduation announcements or weddings or even inheritance publications, or any number of details from hundreds of mailing lists or other databases.

Re #12:
The questions will be randomly created based on a large pool of data. You can never know what exactly will be asked unless and until you actually call and suffer the indignity of being treated like a criminal or liar.

Often, this issue pops up for people who are ADDICTED to clearing cookies and/or flash. Stop pretending to be sneaky and the odds of encountering this problem are reduced by a large percentage.
Old 10-24-2009

vic,

you said "Often, this issue pops up for people who are ADDICTED to clearing cookies and/or flash. Stop pretending to be sneaky and the odds of encountering this problem are reduced by a large percentage."

Dont you clear cookies and flash by default every single time you start OR end a firefox session[better privacy settiing] ?
Old 10-24-2009
Vicvelcro

I do not ever allow flash, so ebay and paypal think I'm old school without flash installed. Like windows 95 style old school.

I keep my cookies. They never bother me with user verification crap of that kind.

Flash objects only get stored *IF* you have a flash interpreter installed in your system. Uninstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave. Then you can run naked through banner ads with nary a scratch or a stain.

If you let flash in, they know it. If you come back and the flash objects they recorded are no longer there, they think you are hiding or that a different computer is attempting to use your login. Either case is cause for them to be concerned.

But, if the flash object doesn't work, they don't log a record of it. They log that no flash was detected and no object injected. They don't EXPECT you to have one when you come back.

You are not required to have a flash interpreter installed. It is not factory default on Microsoft discs. It's a 3rd party add on. So unless users go get the plugin and deliberately install it on their computer or your computer came with it pre-installed by DELL or HP or whoever, it wouldn't be there. Less than half of PCs have it. Most people never install it. So not having it is not suspicious. Having it and cleaning it *IS* suspicious.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 10-24-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-24-2009

thanks VIc,

clear as anti-mud I will be implementing that right away. Ignore my PM

what will the Ebay bot do to

1) user that allowed flash cookie deposit
2) user no longer has flash cookie
3) user verifies ID with tel[pin] call
4) user no longer has flash installed on system

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by apconcen; 10-24-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2009
Vicvelcro

I already replied to the PM. Heh.

1+2+3+4=??

Never been documented. Somebody has surely tried it.

If you go with that and get limited, you could call them, get them to openly address the topic, then explain that your computer gave out (do not say stolen) or fell in the pool and you had to buy a new one. That's why it is fresh and clean...

One thing is likely though. If you continue with your recent pattern, you'll probably get an MC115 or something similar pretty soon. But you'll never know when the axe will fall.

If you go cold-turkey now or at a time when you can suffer the possible limitation, you dictate the timing of the inconvenience. Try to do it when your funds are in your bank and you don't have any active listings. Worst case scenario, they don't have your stash.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 10-24-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2009

Activity: 2%

How can I find out if they stored any flash objects or not? Does this website tell you?

Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Privacy Settings panel

When I go there I notice a "paypal.com". Does that mean paypal stored a flash object?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
I do not ever allow flash, so ebay and paypal think I'm old school without flash installed. Like windows 95 style old school.

I keep my cookies. They never bother me with user verification crap of that kind.

Flash objects only get stored *IF* you have a flash interpreter installed in your system. Uninstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave. Then you can run naked through banner ads with nary a scratch or a stain.

If you let flash in, they know it. If you come back and the flash objects they recorded are no longer there, they think you are hiding or that a different computer is attempting to use your login. Either case is cause for them to be concerned.

But, if the flash object doesn't work, they don't log a record of it. They log that no flash was detected and no object injected. They don't EXPECT you to have one when you come back.

You are not required to have a flash interpreter installed. It is not factory default on Microsoft discs. It's a 3rd party add on. So unless users go get the plugin and deliberately install it on their computer or your computer came with it pre-installed by DELL or HP or whoever, it wouldn't be there. Less than half of PCs have it. Most people never install it. So not having it is not suspicious. Having it and cleaning it *IS* suspicious.
Old 10-27-2009
Vicvelcro

The site does show you. Yes, that means PP left an object.

If you have a flash interpreter installed and you visit a site that has flash elements, you get a flash object. Unless you use a flash blocker. Using a flash cleaner is problematic.

Install a blocker or uninstall your flash interpreter. Then clean all the LSO.

However, if you do it now, you might get nailed with the confirmation issue next time you log into paypal.

There's already a few decent explanations in a couple threads. No need for me to repost the long explanation again. Just do a quick search to get more info.
Old 10-27-2009

Activity: 2%

Yeah, I just ran a few tests and I found out the one that ebay stores when you log in is called "secureinclude.ebaystatic.com"

What about on MACs, can they do store flash objects too?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2009

Default Mc010 ebay account limited - verify identity

received the following today:

Thank you for selling on eBay. To maintain a safe and secure online marketplace, eBay may require additional verification for newer sellers from time to time. Your listings have been placed on hold until we can talk with you.
To prevent your account from being closed, please contact eBay within the next 48 hours at the link below. You may be asked to sign in:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I had my cousin open up a new Ebay sellers account for me with all his real info,(ss# , street address, bank account, credit card , everything) All the info is legit. I sell from my computer that has been cleared of cookies, flash cookies, etc. Do you think its a matter of just having my cousin call ebay and answer their identity verification questions?
Old 11-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

If you have all the information correctly then you can call! Be sure to call from a number that is not on file with ebay from any suspended accounts!