PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Re: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icykid298 View Post
Seems like Paypal is literally stealing money now hopefully someone from the top finally comes down on their ass.
Same issue.

Memo: "Payment to: Paypal; PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation."

Unsure what AUP I had violated at the time, they never explained. I just accepted it and moved on after I got no where talking to PayPal support.

Now end of the year I am trying to withdrawal my funds and I found out they have taken the funds across all my accounts. This is a large dollar amount.

I don't owe any money to PayPal, never frauded them or anyone through PayPal, have no negative balances.

Without any notice or explanation, they just moved the funds to their own PayPal Account.

Last edited by Wesker; 11-27-2019 at 03:20 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
it is so easy to find it,OP said he googled and cant find it,so here it is-
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mp...ptableuse-full
what were you selling???
The acceptable use policy above is very broad. It could mean a million different things. PayPal appears to be now applying fines to individuals for violating AUP Policies for which are not clearly listed in the AUP Policy they provide.

11.7 Acceptable Use Policy Violations. If you violate the Acceptable Use Policy then in addition to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages for each violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You agree that $2,500.00 USD (or equivalent) per transaction in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in the offending Account, or any other Account you control.
Old 11-27-2019

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
Same issue.

Memo: "Payment to: Paypal; PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation."

Unsure what AUP I had violated at the time, they never explained. I just accepted it and moved on after I got no where talking to PayPal support.

Now end of the year I am trying to withdrawal my funds and I found out they have taken the funds across all my accounts. This is a large dollar amount.

I don't owe any money to PayPal, never frauded them or anyone through PayPal, have no negative balances.

Without any notice or explanation, they just moved the funds to their own PayPal Account.
Give us all the details what were you selling dude. I've been doing this for several years and I'm just now seeing this all of sudden I want details.

Last edited by Icykid298; 11-27-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2019

Quote:
Give us all the details what were you selling dude. I've been doing this for several years and I'm just now seeing this all of sudden I want details.
Going into a bit more detail about my situation.

I sell multiple items and services on different sites. Development, Tangible Items, Virtual Items. Not one specific industry. Nothing on the list of prohibited items, 100% sure. PayPal closed my account. I did try to appeal but was left with no answers, no way to communicate with the team who makes the decision. I had other PayPal Accounts. Those were eventually limited as well.

My issue isn't disputing PayPal limiting my accounts, they are PayPal they can deny service to anyone at any point. My issue is that I was told by PayPal they would let me withdrawal my funds after 180 days. I even received an email letting me know they're available for withdrawal.

Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.

You may transfer the funds directly to your bank account via online bank transfer or you may request a check from PayPal. Please let us know how you would like to receive the funds by logging in to your account.
As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
* place logos into your auction listings or on your website
* update your account information
* withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
* send or request money
* receive payments
* add funds to your account
* close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.

I waited to withdrawal these. Now after about 300+ days since the limitation occurred and see recently instead of letting me withdrawal, they just took all 100% of the funds and transferred it to their PayPal without any notice, email, call or anything.

Old 11-27-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Sickening amount of money to lose. But I guess it's all profit ? Why did you leave such large balances in paypal ? why not withdraw ?

In my opinion digital products like Fortnite accounts appear to be shady products in the eyes of paypal. Paypal hates digital, they prefer tangible items even if it's high risk.

In regards to them wiping accounts clean and keeping the money, they are probably balancing the books because so many stealth sellers defraud them on a daily basis.

All the established stealth sellers (with accounts that have been through all the checks) but are currently running legitimate businesses under stealth can at any moment go completely rogue, run up thousands of pounds worth of orders, not fullfil them and just abandon their paypal accounts leaving them to reimburse buyers.

Fairly sure loads of fraudsters are doing this. That is why enough is enough in the eyes of paypal.

This is them fighting back.
Fighting back or not this is damn near illegal we work hard for those funds.
Old 11-28-2019

Quote:
Going into a bit more detail about my situation.

I sell multiple items and services on different sites. Development, Tangible Items, Virtual Items. Not one specific industry. Nothing on the list of prohibited items, 100% sure. PayPal closed my account. I did try to appeal but was left with no answers, no way to communicate with the team who makes the decision. I had other PayPal Accounts. Those were eventually limited as well.

My issue isn't disputing PayPal limiting my accounts, they are PayPal they can deny service to anyone at any point. My issue is that I was told by PayPal they would let me withdrawal my funds after 180 days. I even received an email letting me know they're available for withdrawal.

Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.

You may transfer the funds directly to your bank account via online bank transfer or you may request a check from PayPal. Please let us know how you would like to receive the funds by logging in to your account.
As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
* place logos into your auction listings or on your website
* update your account information
* withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
* send or request money
* receive payments
* add funds to your account
* close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.

I waited to withdrawal these. Now after about 300+ days since the limitation occurred and see recently instead of letting me withdrawal, they just took all 100% of the funds and transferred it to their PayPal without any notice, email, call or anything.

Wait so you waited 300 days? You didn't check back in 180 days? So you checked back 200+ days later?
Old 11-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 37%

In my particular case, I was hoping to sue PP in my local small claims court. I have since learned, assuming it's true, that part of the fine print you agree to when setting up a PP account is that you agree to not sue them. You still can, of course, at least in the USA, but you open yourself up to a counter suit from PP if they can prove that you did, in fact, violate their overly broad AUP.......

I guess I'll just write the loss off at tax time and sharpen up my game a bit........
Old 11-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Folks, you don't need a lawyer.

Just properly serve a DEMAND LETTER to PayPal's Legal Department in San Jose, CA.

They MUST respond, and they WILL. 100% of the time. In most jurisdictions, a DEMAND LETTER is an absolute requirement (and prerequisite) to an actual action (suit) being filed. PayPal knows this, and they will take such a notice very seriously.
Old 11-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronius maximus View Post
In my particular case, I was hoping to sue PP in my local small claims court. I have since learned, assuming it's true, that part of the fine print you agree to when setting up a PP account is that you agree to not sue them. You still can, of course, at least in the USA, but you open yourself up to a counter suit from PP if they can prove that you did, in fact, violate their overly broad AUP.......

I guess I'll just write the loss off at tax time and sharpen up my game a bit........
Small claims can work.
Just make sure you PROPERLY serve a demand letter first.

I speak from experience. In most courts the judge will dismiss your case outright if you don't do that.
Old 11-28-2019

Quote:

Are you in the U.S.?
Old 11-28-2019

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

They took your money because it's intangible digital item. They know you didn't have to invest in any actual tangible stock. And they know you won't sue them. Easy money for paypal.
Old 11-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
They took your money because it's intangible digital item. They know you didn't have to invest in any actual tangible stock. And they know you won't sue them. Easy money for paypal.
If we group together, then we can.
Old 11-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Folks, you don't need a lawyer.

Just properly serve a DEMAND LETTER to PayPal's Legal Department in San Jose, CA.

They MUST respond, and they WILL. 100% of the time. In most jurisdictions, a DEMAND LETTER is an absolute requirement (and prerequisite) to an actual action (suit) being filed. PayPal knows this, and they will take such a notice very seriously.
Multiple people having the same issue. I don't think individually we can resolve this. Have to gather up people having the same issue.
Old 11-28-2019

Quote:

On the PayPal Community Website it seems they have done this twice to 2 other other people over the last 2 weeks. One user for over $30k. They seem to be implementing this AUP Violation Fine over the last 90 days so something changed inside PayPal recently. I don't see any cases beyond 90 days. I think all of us need to group together to figure out what to do here. Get one law firm to handle our cases rather than take them on individually. It sounds like more people are going to go through the same thing.

I did checkback after 180 days after they told me I could withdraw. However the bank on the account was closed. I needed to add a new bank account and when I tried to do that on my end there were only errors. I needed to call PayPal to fix this. As a result I didn't need the funds right away and decided to wait thinking I can withdrawal them later. I am quite busy working on major projects 16/7 travelling constantly. That was my mistake. Obviously you wouldn't expect a large company like PayPal to just take all your funds out of your limited account without any notice or explanation.

I am in the United States.
Old 11-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmyday View Post
I saw a post like that on reddit or somewhere, why did they limited your account? and how much was the balance in account? I think they might have linked some other account which may have negative balance but anyway you cant get it back since it stealth account.
Can you send a link to the reddit post? Can't find it.

Will post on reddit as well.
Old 11-28-2019

Quote:
On the PayPal Community Website it seems they have done this twice to 2 other other people over the last 2 weeks. One user for over $30k. They seem to be implementing this AUP Violation Fine over the last 90 days so something changed inside PayPal recently. I don't see any cases beyond 90 days. I think all of us need to group together to figure out what to do here. Get one law firm to handle our cases rather than take them on individually. It sounds like more people are going to go through the same thing.

I did checkback after 180 days after they told me I could withdraw. However the bank on the account was closed. I needed to add a new bank account and when I tried to do that on my end there were only errors. I needed to call PayPal to fix this. As a result I didn't need the funds right away and decided to wait thinking I can withdrawal them later. I am quite busy working on major projects 16/7 travelling constantly. That was my mistake. Obviously you wouldn't expect a large company like PayPal to just take all your funds out of your limited account without any notice or explanation.

I am in the United States.
So you checked back after 180 days, but as soon as you figured you weren't able to withdraw you dismissed it and figured you would resolve it later?
I'm trying to figure out how many days after 180 days this happened. I'm going to be following this closely. I really want to know why this is happening

Last edited by Icykid298; 11-28-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-28-2019

Quote:
So you checked back after 180 days, but as soon as you figured you weren't able to withdraw you dismissed it and figured you would resolve it later?
I'm trying to figure out how many days after 180 days this happened. I'm going to be following this closely. I really want to know why this is happening
Okay to be a little bit more specific.

Account #1
  • Q4 2018 it was limited
  • Funds became available exactly 180 days later
  • Just over 365 days I tried to withdrawal the funds and they were removed out of the account. It wasn't exactly 1 year. It was 12 months 20 days.

I take full blame for not trying to withdrawal the funds sooner but obviously I did not expect PayPal, a large company would do this. I have been extremely busy raising 2 kids as well, travelling (been overseas) for work and no time to get everything setup to withdraw these funds until now. I did not expect PayPal would just take the funds for themselves.

I don't want to be exactly specific unless someone at PayPal is going to reach out to me and resolve this.

My plan is to just wait and see how other people resolve this, try to group together if possible.
Old 11-28-2019

By the way Icykid298 I appreciate you spending your time to reply to me. Really means alot. Thank you.
Old 11-28-2019

Here are some other cases of this going on:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...ed/m-p/1948204

In case PayPal deletes this community page here is what they said:

Old 11-28-2019

By the way iwcretreats if you see this message, send me a DM or your contact information. I would like to speak with you about this.

Last edited by Wesker; 11-29-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-29-2019

Do you have any clue at all what may have caused this so far
Old 11-29-2019

This also happened to several people back in 2017 on here and they left out a lot of details.

I think it has to do with something you people are selling

Last edited by Icykid298; 11-29-2019 at 06:00 AM.