PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icykid298 View Post
This also happened to several people back in 2017 on here and they left out a lot of details.

I think it has to do with something you people are selling
That is certainly heavily contributive
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-29-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Do you have any clue at all what may have caused this so far
I really don't know to be honest. The memo says AUP Violation Damages so I assume it's to do with the initial violation. However I was never told what specific items I was in violation of. They told me I need to file a subpoena for information on their decision. I never told PayPal what I was selling nor did they even ask me. Also why didn't they fine me right away or before the 180 day deadline? Just randomly just over 1 year after the limitation they took the funds without any notice. I just logged in and the funds were taken. They took all 100% of the funds as well even the cents. They didn't leave a single penny for me to withdrawal.

Also the other account that they took funds out of isn't even me. It's my wifes account. Completely different items we were selling.

These are not shell accounts. The phone numbers are expired and addresses were mail forwarding addresses but everything I believe on the account was accurate.
Old 11-29-2019

Quote:
This also happened to several people back in 2017 on here and they left out a lot of details.

I think it has to do with something you people are selling
Can you send me links to these 2017 incidents. How I found this thread was because I google'd

Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

This is what it says in the memo. I didn't see any incidents other than recent issues with them on the paypal community pages and on aspkin.
Old 11-29-2019

At the top of the transaction receipt which paypal did create a transaction receipt showing the funds were withdrawn to paypal accounts, it does this say:

There is no link to click on and nothing in the resolution center.
Old 11-29-2019

It also says this but when you click on it and go to the resolution center, nothing shows up.

Old 11-29-2019

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
That is certainly heavily contributive
The way this normally works is nobody really gives this any attention/thought at all until it happens to them. It may not be contributive but at least I'm staying in this thread and doing what I can to help

Last edited by Icykid298; 11-29-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-29-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Paypal reps are active on Paypal seller forum,you may be able to get more information there,or one of them could tell you more!
I may reach out to PayPal but waiting to hear back more from others on this. I have tried in the past to speak to PayPal but got no where. Based on what others said, they tried to contact PayPal about this and they wouldn't tell them anything.

Right now I'm not entirely sure how I am going to proceed with this so just waiting to get in touch with others with this similar issue and brainstorm what to do from there.
Old 11-29-2019

hi,
I'm from Vietnam. I got that similar situation. Paypal transfer all my $31k with the note that "Paypal's damage cause by acceptable use policy violation".
I provide services to ebay seller and get their profit shared.
My account is said to linked to my older brother account that he got scammed and charged back so his account is negative $10k.
When my account get limitation, I called Paypal rep and he suggested me to write a PoA for them to transfer $10k to my older brother account. I agreed because there is no way to transfer USD from Vietnam to his paypal account.
But they just wipe all my money. I'm collect information to sue them in Singapore. Anybody has any news about this matter, please help because this is really a huge money to me.
Old 11-29-2019

Quote:
Paypal reps are active on Paypal seller forum,you may be able to get more information there,or one of them could tell you more!
Does this statement mean that the employees of PayPal who are the representatives of PayPal. These people are active in the forums? And they can be identified? I'm shocked.
Old 11-29-2019

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
they will be tagged Paypal rep ,there are a few who frequent Paypal forums.
If your money is removed for POLICY violation,it has nothing to do with your brother's account,2 separate issues here
you don't know that if you ask me the policy is a little obscure I think there's things in the policy that they aren't revealing
Old 11-29-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Pham View Post
hi,
I'm from Vietnam. I got that similar situation. Paypal transfer all my $31k with the note that "Paypal's damage cause by acceptable use policy violation".
I provide services to ebay seller and get their profit shared.
My account is said to linked to my older brother account that he got scammed and charged back so his account is negative $10k.
When my account get limitation, I called Paypal rep and he suggested me to write a PoA for them to transfer $10k to my older brother account. I agreed because there is no way to transfer USD from Vietnam to his paypal account.
But they just wipe all my money. I'm collect information to sue them in Singapore. Anybody has any news about this matter, please help because this is really a huge money to me.
Going to direct message you soon here. Same thing happened to me of a higher dollar amount. I plan to add and link everyone who had this problem so we can all talk about this together and figure out what to do here.

In terms of suing them, this is why I told the forum here that I am going to wait a bit before I make a move. Any type of lawsuit against PayPal will be extremely difficult and they also state in their terms of service you agree to take them to arbitration.

It seems more and more cases are piling up now. Nothing we can do short term about this so it's best to strategically do this correctly.
Old 11-29-2019

Here is what PayPal is doing to us.

https://www.paypal.com/in/webapps/mp...agreement-full

9.7 Acceptable Use Policy Violations. If you violate the Acceptable Use Policy then in addition to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages for each violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You agree that $2,500.00 USD (or equivalent) per transaction in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in the offending Account, or any other Account you control.
Old 11-29-2019

Essentially what is going on now is one or more individuals at PayPal have apparently made the decision to start fining people who previously broke their AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) which as all of you know breaching their AUP could literally be thousands of different things. Anyone at any given moment could be breaking their AUP and PayPal will never tell you how you broke their AUP without a subpoena.

In all cases I have seen so far, PayPal just drains the entire paypal account of all funds. There is no $2,500 fine, they take all 100% of the funds out of your PayPal Account. I assume that's because there is more than 1 transaction so they fine you multiple times until your account is 0 as they say $2,500 per transaction.

So doing the math, if a company had 1000 transactions and violated PayPal AUP Policy at any moment on any PayPal Account linked to you doesn't even have to be under your name but trails back to you, x 2500 they could take $2,500,000 from your PayPal Account if you had $2,500,00 available.
Old 11-29-2019

See how ridiculous this is? Very shady business going on right now. I am skeptical if there maybe some fraud going on inside PayPal and it's being covered up. Definitely doesn't seem like a decision PayPal executives would start making jeopardizing their business model that they are a safe company and then on the side abusing their policy and wiping accounts clean for their own gain.

Last edited by Wesker; 11-29-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2019

Quote:
(1) what kind of services do you provide to Ebay sellers to get a cut of their profit,is this the reason why Paypal removed your fund?
(2) your account is linked to your brother account? how?
This is the verbal agreement between us. I have to find a good niche for them. Some of them are dropshipper.
My older brother and I living in one house. I guess PP caught IP so they said 2 accounts are related.
Old 11-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
See how ridiculous this is? Very shady business going on right now. I am skeptical if there maybe some fraud going on inside PayPal and it's being covered up. Definitely doesn't seem like a decision PayPal executives would start making jeopardizing their business model that they are a safe company and then on the side abusing their policy and wiping accounts clean for their own gain.
Their ToS is a bit of a catch 22 of sorts.

They know they can take stealthers money and get away with it because those people can't really have vary many, if any legal options.
Old 11-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Their ToS is a bit of a catch 22 of sorts.

They know they can take stealthers money and get away with it because those people can't really have vary many, if any legal options.
Okay but in my specific case, this isn't a stealth account. Information is accurate, never had to enter a SSN, phone number expired a long time ago and address is an old address but rest is accurate. Information can't be updated after account is limited.

Initial information however is 100% accurate at the time of the account creation.

Last edited by Wesker; 11-30-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
Okay but in my specific case, this isn't a stealth account. Information is accurate, never had to enter a SSN, phone number expired a long time ago and address is an old address but rest is accurate. Information can't be updated after account is limited.

Initial information however is 100% accurate at the time of the account creation.
If the account is indeed your name, then do what I suggested above.

Serve a formal demand letter to PayPal's Legal Department on N. 1st Street in San Jose, California.
DO NOT contact customer service, DO NOT call them.
You must serve a properly worded demand letter to their LEGAL DEPARTMENT via Certified Mail, or via FedEx.
If you don't know how to write or serve such a notice, then hire a paralegal or go to your local court house and the clerk can assist you for free.

If you go this route, they will fully investigate your issue and you will hear back from their lawyers. In my experience within 10 days or so.
Old 12-02-2019

Longevity: 72%

Im waiting for your result brothers.
Old 12-02-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
If the account is indeed your name, then do what I suggested above.

Serve a formal demand letter to PayPal's Legal Department on N. 1st Street in San Jose, California.
DO NOT contact customer service, DO NOT call them.
You must serve a properly worded demand letter to their LEGAL DEPARTMENT via Certified Mail, or via FedEx.
If you don't know how to write or serve such a notice, then hire a paralegal or go to your local court house and the clerk can assist you for free.

If you go this route, they will fully investigate your issue and you will hear back from their lawyers. In my experience within 10 days or so.
In due time, I may go this route. I have no plans to call PayPal. Will wait for others feedback 1st what they did so I make no mistakes.
Old 12-04-2019

This just happened to me today. 180 days are up on 12-15-19 and Paypal just drained the account of over $5,000 this morning with the same memo on the transfer "PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation" We sell supplements on line and used Paypal Here in our legit store front to accept payments in store and online. Our Paypal account is Real, all legit addresses, email, bank accounts for over 15 years. Never was told how we violated there acceptable use policy after years of operating with them. How can they just drain our account!!!!!!!!!! What has everyone else decided to do?
Old 12-04-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Hmmmm this is sounding more like amazon when they suspend you for a big violation and just take the money.

If you have a brick and mortar store and all the documents, there must be a way to solve this. One of them could be a class action.